ADVERTISEMENT

Using Tommy Stevens

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
I hope if he plays it will be meaningful minutes where his full potential is used, such as actually passing the ball instead of just running. Or perhaps a swing pass to him in the flat to get him out in space. I guess we'll see the LION used, but I hope it involves something more imaginative than simply lining up as a decoy or a simple running play that gets stuffed.

Personally, I don't care how they use him as long as we are scoring touchdowns.

Heavy package. 2 TEs, a 3rd TE in as H-back, Stevens and Sanders/Slade in backfield with them and pound the ball.
Come out in same look later and reset to a more "normal" spread look and let Stevens run RPO with RB.
McSorely split out in both sets.
Heck, it sounds good!!
:cool:

OL

Heavy package. 2 TEs, a 3rd TE in as H-back, Stevens and Sanders/Slade in backfield with them and pound the ball.
Come out in same look later and reset to a more "normal" spread look and let Stevens run RPO with RB.
McSorely split out in both sets.
Heck, it sounds good!!
:cool:

OL
just think if we came out in wishbone, TS at FB, TM under center, the OL up on their toes!! Some heads would explode!!!

Reactions: OhioLion
Trace under center, Miles at tailback, Tommy at fullback....

I'm kidding, I kidding.

My concerns is that Stevens is stale right now. He hasn’t played at all this season in competition and he could be prone to mental lapses trying to ramp up to game speed.

If he comes in and a wacky turnover happens because of a lack of game reps, then that really damages the credibility of the coaching in my view. This is not the game to guinea pig cute shit.

Stevens is 10X more valuable as the back up qb than anywhere is on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT