ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Did you ever see the every other urinal bit? Like guys cozy up to other guys anywhere but the troughs in beaver stadium?
Troughs at the Beav--oh the memories. I remember in the North Upper Deck someone peeing in the sinks because they looked like the troughs.

Can't this piece of s*** thread be removed or when is this b******* gonna end? Nothing was proven by the covid responses, this thread, fascist governor's, b******* media or any other event. No opinions were changed or ever will be changed. Please stop this nonsense. If people want to believe b******* or practice b******* it is their American privilege.

Can't this piece of s*** thread be removed or when is this b******* gonna end? Nothing was proven by the covid responses, this thread, fascist governor's, b******* media or any other event. No opinions were changed or ever will be changed. Please stop this nonsense. If people want to believe b******* or practice b******* it is their American privilege.
My grandchildren to the 10th generation will probably be responding to this thread. Please have mercy and remove it.

Don’t hold back—tell us what you really think.

Reactions: dailybuck777
So you read over 9000 posts and didn’t learn anything about Covid?

Reactions: cment
I disagree on the no opinions changed...there were alot of people last summer who thought the vax prevented covid

I think it'd be wrong to erase the thread or the account of events and public messages. In fact, I would hope we have very smart people going back through and after action reviewing in depth what was done, said, and what worked and didn't.

I pray the information obtained from such an after action review isn't needed but believe that it likely will be very important at some point in the future. Plus, I still want the 6 democrat governors that forced covid-infectious patients into nursing homes by public health order to be held criminally liable for the thousands of deaths they caused.

Jones has either cracked or was hitting the sauce real hard. He's really upset that a healthy pro athlete won't get vaxxed.

"But Realmuto won’t get a vaccine. Hundreds of millions of people have taken the vaccine. Its safety is beyond question. But the libs aren’t gonna tell J.T. what to do."

Wow. At least he doesn't just hate PSU...

Jones has either cracked or was hitting the sauce real hard. He's really upset that a healthy pro athlete won't get vaxxed.

"But Realmuto won’t get a vaccine. Hundreds of millions of people have taken the vaccine. Its safety is beyond question. But the libs aren’t gonna tell J.T. what to do."

The only thing about the vaccines that is beyond questions is they don't work for almost everyone. Sure they may keep a few people out of the hospital. But for most people taking the vaccine is a useful as putting on a condom after sex to prevent pregnancy!

The only thing about the vaccines that is beyond questions is they don't work for almost everyone. Sure they may keep a few people out of the hospital. But for most people taking the vaccine is a useful as putting on a condom after sex to prevent pregnancy!
I think the vax was effective against Alpha and somewhat beneficial against Delta. Once we got to Omicron and beyond, the vax was likely more trouble than it was worth.

I think the vax was effective against Alpha and somewhat beneficial against Delta. Once we got to Omicron and beyond, the vax was likely more trouble than it was worth.
This morning Cheryl Atkinson interviewed the director of the military’s bio weapons division. Said they are tasked with monitoring all major disease outbreaks to see if they are derived from any bio weapons programs. He said Omicron is very different from earlier variants and the jury is still out on its derivation.

Last edited:
July 2020 there was plenty of proof from the UK it wasn't working, that was when Delta started.

I wonder what his position is on a woman's right to choose pregnancy. I'd be shocked if he doesn't believe that a woman should have a right to determine what is best for her body.

FYB9rMWXwAIokgr

Interesting that the 3 people that I know of in the office that got Covid (assuming BA4 or BA5 variant) the last few weeks all have had lasting effects. All young under 40 and healthy, two of them continue with sore, scratchy throats now 2 weeks and 3 weeks out respectively. The other is a month out and says he still feels some fatigue when he goes too hard for too long. BA4 and BA5 variant are for real, it appears to me that these variants are actually probably worse then the original strain for 'normal' healthy people when it comes to lasting effects. Although the fatality rate remains steady for the past 2+ months even with skyrocketing cases are occuring.

Interesting that the 3 people that I know of in the office that got Covid (assuming BA4 or BA5 variant) the last few weeks all have had lasting effects. All young under 40 and healthy, two of them continue with sore, scratchy throats now 2 weeks and 3 weeks out respectively. The other is a month out and says he still feels some fatigue when he goes too hard for too long. BA4 and BA5 variant are for real, it appears to me that these variants are actually probably worse then the original strain for 'normal' healthy people when it comes to lasting effects. Although the fatality rate remains steady for the past 2+ months even with skyrocketing cases are occuring.
Were any of them vaxxed?

FYA8CtJaQAAEtAQ

Skyrocketing? Better check the actual numbers…

Here's a short informative video about the science behind how an N95 mask works. You will learn something new, I did.

(fast forward through the 7 second BLM ad at the beginning...lol)

Reactions: Obliviax
So quick update.

New hospital admissions still on the rise. We are up to 6500 per day compared to the low point back in early April of 1500 per day. Historically speaking still on the lower side as the Alpha, Delta, and original Omicron spikes were 16,000, 12,000, and 21,000 respectively. But the 6500 is higher than the 'stead state' lower periods of the past 2+ years so we are not at previous super spike levels but definitely higher than all times in the past besides those 3 spikes. And the curve is still going up.

Fatalities are holding steady. Slightly higher straight line in the high 300's versus the low 300's that were for most of May and June. So even though the increase in cases is way up, we are not seeing anything at all resembling a spike in fatality like we did in the past.

Reactions: bison13
So quick update.

New hospital admissions still on the rise. We are up to 6500 per day compared to the low point back in early April of 1500 per day. Historically speaking still on the lower side as the Alpha, Delta, and original Omicron spikes were 16,000, 12,000, and 21,000 respectively. But the 6500 is higher than the 'stead state' lower periods of the past 2+ years so we are not at previous super spike levels but definitely higher than all times in the past besides those 3 spikes. And the curve is still going up.

Fatalities are holding steady. Slightly higher straight line in the high 300's versus the low 300's that were for most of May and June. So even though the increase in cases is way up, we are not seeing anything at all resembling a spike in fatality like we did in the past.
I just got over it. So did my entire family. While unpleasant, it was the flu like I've had a thousand times before. At issue is that so many people are infected. Tons around here, at least. I know companies that are having problems staffing. Many aren't testing for it as they don't want to quarantine.

I just got over it. So did my entire family. While unpleasant, it was the flu like I've had a thousand times before. At issue is that so many people are infected. Tons around here, at least. I know companies that are having problems staffing. Many aren't testing for it as they don't want to quarantine.
As I have said I know more people in the last 45 days including my whole family who have contracted the virus than in the previous 24 months. Knock on wood nothing resembling hospital admittance type symptoms. symptoms all from flu like to a cold. Do to home testing and not reporting that to anyone and those not even testing for the reasons you mention above cases in my view are really very high right now. None of the cases I know of are repeat cases. Because of the changing virus what natural immunity even is anymore is unknown but I would expect this version to peak more quickly this time. I wonder what the next varian will be?

As I have said I know more people in the last 45 days including my whole family who have contracted the virus than in the previous 24 months. Knock on wood nothing resembling hospital admittance type symptoms. symptoms all from flu like to a cold. Do to home testing and not reporting that to anyone and those not even testing for the reasons you mention above cases in my view are really very high right now. None of the cases I know of are repeat cases. Because of the changing virus what natural immunity even is anymore is unknown but I would expect this version to peak more quickly this time. I wonder what the next varian will be?
that data shows it is still on the rise (new hospital admissions to me is the best indicator of total case load due to the home testing being dominant now). so i really don't know when this is going to start to level off, i would have thought it would have leveled off already as we have been on the rise now since literally early April so will be 3 months next week of increasing cases. The last two waves have been 2 months long each. So this wave although much shorter in peak is longer in time.

Reactions: roswelllion
that data shows it is still on the rise (new hospital admissions to me is the best indicator of total case load due to the home testing being dominant now). so i really don't know when this is going to start to level off, i would have thought it would have leveled off already as we have been on the rise now since literally early April so will be 3 months next week of increasing cases. The last two waves have been 2 months long each. So this wave although much shorter in peak is longer in time.
Hospital admissions needs some further definition. Hospitals are still testing everyone that comes in for any reason. Very few patients are going to the hospital because they are sick with covid but instead they go into the hospital for the things people typically go into a hospital for such as; MRI, X-Ray, Testing, Treatment for various ailments, broken bones, torn ligaments, stone in the eye, etc... Since the current variants are very contagious you expect a good percentage of the population that walks (or gets carried) into a hospital would be positive with covid and therefore counted as a hospital admission.

Hospital admissions needs some further definition. Hospitals are still testing everyone that comes in for any reason. Very few patients are going to the hospital because they are sick with covid but instead they go into the hospital for the things people typically go into a hospital for such as; MRI, X-Ray, Testing, Treatment for various ailments, broken bones, torn ligaments, stone in the eye, etc... Since the current variants are very contagious you expect a good percentage of the population that walks (or gets carried) into a hospital would be positive with covid and therefore counted as a hospital admission.
No disagreement there. I think the stats are more like 66% of people who are testing positive for Covid are in hospital for nothing to do with covid.

My point is that we used to be able to look at the charts on positive tests and that is how we knew what the daily case load was. Since probably 75% of people are testing at home, that is no longer a valid method. So the only indicator we have for if Covid is rising or falling is looking at hospital admissions for the exact reason you note, they test everybody. As if more people are arriving at the hospital are testing positive for Covid then a month ago, means more people out there have covid as typically the same amount of people goto the hospital on a weekly basis. That is what I am saying.

No disagreement there. I think the stats are more like 66% of people who are testing positive for Covid are in hospital for nothing to do with covid.

My point is that we used to be able to look at the charts on positive tests and that is how we knew what the daily case load was. Since probably 75% of people are testing at home, that is no longer a valid method. So the only indicator we have for if Covid is rising or falling is looking at hospital admissions for the exact reason you note, they test everybody. As if more people are arriving at the hospital are testing positive for Covid then a month ago, means more people out there have covid as typically the same amount of people goto the hospital on a weekly basis. That is what I am saying.
Saw a note on twitter about a month ago that now, total deaths aren't being updated accurately, and 50,000 or more are missing from 2022.

I'll try to find it, but that stinks to high heaven.

Saw a note on twitter about a month ago that now, total deaths aren't being updated accurately, and 50,000 or more are missing from 2022.

that would be 10k per month probably since through May and that would mean basically that the death rate is double what it is showing. call me skeptical on that. and if 'true' goes to show to me that there is so much mistakes in the reporting that what can you believe if that is true.

What does "missing" mean? A) Used to be in the data or B) were never in the data?

A) means they over reported total deaths and were correcting the data.
B) means they under reported total deaths and were not correcting the data.

It appears accurate to say that CDC All Deaths are not being updated as they once were.

Will it be corrected and brought up to date?

Is there a good reason?

Who the hell knows with these clowns. We surely spend too much on our taxes and get too little for them.

CDC-Deaths-Update-On-Hold.png
On a semi serious note...is there anyyhjng the government is good at other then the military.

That said, if those numbers were accurate it would match up with the fact all the dry tinder was burned off the last two years and now we're catching up.

Update on antibodies. In March/April 2021 caught Covid. Since then I have been tested for antibodies 3 times (July 2021, January 2022, July 25th 2022). Every test has come back positive for Covid antibodies. There was very little drop off from January 2022 to July 25th 2022. Amazing that the WHO/CDC refuse to study natural antibodies.

the tide is turning some. I talked to two more liberal friends that I have. they are more your old school liberals, not modern day far left progressives. talking about covid some. one is boosted and said he is not getting any more boosters as they are worthless. other never got boosted for same reason. both admitted growing disdain for CDC and fauci. don't like how the cdc is pushing boosters for healthy people and no understanding why they are doing that.

and yet you see articles randomly and major papers including the WSJ, LA Times, etc...that it appears once every 6 or 8 weeks now are doom and gloom about covid. when i keep seeing these, knowing that the amount of people truly concerned about covid anymore is an extreme minority makes me believe there are much more sinister things in the background going on that keep putting these talking points out and forcing the big media outlets to carry them.

the tide is turning some. I talked to two more liberal friends that I have. they are more your old school liberals, not modern day far left progressives. talking about covid some. one is boosted and said he is not getting any more boosters as they are worthless. other never got boosted for same reason. both admitted growing disdain for CDC and fauci. don't like how the cdc is pushing boosters for healthy people and no understanding why they are doing that.

and yet you see articles randomly and major papers including the WSJ, LA Times, etc...that it appears once every 6 or 8 weeks now are doom and gloom about covid. when i keep seeing these, knowing that the amount of people truly concerned about covid anymore is an extreme minority makes me believe there are much more sinister things in the background going on that keep putting these talking points out and forcing the big media outlets to carry them.
With Biden testing positive, then negative, then positive with the best care in the world, it is pretty clear we've got nothing in terms of how to fight these latest variants. Or, our testing is worthless. Take your pick.

We are on our own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT