USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
I disagree...Tucker, nor anyone else, should have to give up their personal health situation. If Tucker has an issue with the vaccines, like an allergy or a key reason why the vaccine is dangerous, he shouldn't be required to disclose that. Tucker has been much more correct than wrong. And the facts are, and getting stronger by the day, that if you are young and don't have any comorbidities, the vaccines don't do much, if anything. Personally, I think we are nuts to be requiring a vaccine that has only been in use for a year to people that just don't need it. I believe our govt is requiring the vaccine for those that don't need it to make is simple to ID someone unvaxxed to disallow them into a restaurant or office or school. It is pretty much a given that getting vaccinated doesn't help stop the spread of COVID.

the whole reason for HIPAA laws was to protect people from being discriminated against based on their medical history.
Not as requirement but as a way of building credibility.

Agree - this is private.

Reactions: Obliviax

dbsteel

Jan 15, 2014
Saw a good point yesterday made. Talked about how 50% of the covid hospitalizations are WITH covid and not for Covid, ie...Johnny fell off his bike and broke his arm and tested positive for covid. So numbers are skewed. But the guy made a good point in that when Johnny gets tested positive with covid, he becomes a much more difficult patient to handle now. all of the covid infectious disease procedures need put in place (even though just a broken arm) and that means that dealing with him takes substantial more time. One of the reasons the hospitals are so full is so much time per patient as when covid positive it is so much more difficult (even though zero covid symptoms being treated).
I love how the numbers aren't getting better, so they are suddenly flipping the narrative. CDC, Fauci, whoever. Many have been saying that all along.

Reactions: richie83 and Ski

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
I love how the numbers aren't getting better, so they are suddenly flipping the narrative. CDC, Fauci, whoever. Many have been saying that all along.
Like I've said before, the so-called "experts" like Dr. F had no better ideas about how to fight this virus at the beginning of this whole sad chapter than us amateur epidemiologists. Then, they became overtly political and threw real science away. Dr. F now reminds me of what Jack Nicholson's character in The Shining eventually became. He has no business having anything to do with this matter. Anyway, anyone with a brain knew all along that the numbers were being cooked.

In the end, despite all of the ridiculous measures that were forced down peoples' throats which never had been implemented to fight any previous pandemic, and vaccines and other therapeutics, this virus always was going to follow its own course and only will leave us on its own terms. Meanwhile, you have these politicians and other ghouls who continually are looking for ways to destroy peoples' lives for the farsical reason of fighting a virus. God help us if we ever are faced with a virus with the death rate of meningitis, when we will need to use serious measures to fight it. I just hope that we will have learned from the mistakes of the past two years, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Wow. Pennsylvania is really stacking them up.

Another huge day, 204 dead so far.

Every day seems like this now.

tlbakernc

Sep 10, 2019
Mooresville NC
correct. so if the 50% of the patients 'with' covid take an extra 25% time due to all the PPE procedures that need to be put in place, etc...that greatly reduces the amount of patients that can be processed in a given time. Throw in the reduction in staffing over the past 18 months due to covid and medical workers leaving due to stress, covid issues, etc...and all of a sudden the hospital capacity is down 10-15% due to staffing and now down another 10-15% due to taking so much time per patient and you see the issues of why the hospitals are struggling.
Forcing healthcare workers to get vaccinated has played a hand in worker shortages. I’ve seen estimates that 5%-10% of healthcare workers are not vaccinated, don’t want to be vaccinated. 5%-10% may be quitting their jobs to avoid vaccination. Many of these workers have natural immunity. If the supreme court doesn’t overturn the Biden mandates worker shortages will only worsen.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Vaccine Effectiveness against Omicron by time. For Infection, not death. Terrible.

I haven't found data for "death" yet.

VE-infection-Omicron-vs-Delta.png
it would be interesting to see the VE is boosted. I suspect the VE if not boosted is dropping fast for Delta as well. My point is have the vaccines lost most of their VE or is Omicron evading it.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
You can do all the math you want but that doesn't change the fact that many hospitals are currently swamped and over loaded. Just watch any news channel when they interview local hospital staff - it's not good and it's not made up. I have many friends, neighbors and coworkers that either work for or have relatives that work for the two largest heath care networks in PA and they are really struggling. People are leaving their jobs because they can't handle the stress. The vast majority of covid patients are unvaxxed. Even if they are just in the hospital for another reason and simply have covid, they still require extra care and preventative measures to keep them from spreading it to others in the hospital.
To be clear my debate with LaJolla was IMO very specific. i said anyone over 40 should be vaxxed and anyone over 60 should be vaxxed and boosted AND anyone under 40 who has other compromising conditions should be vaxxed. I said I am unsure about kids or HEALTHY adults under 40.
For those comments he called me an anti vaxxer.
I don't dispute how full the hospitals are but unless someone shows me data that shows the hospitals are over run with folks under 40 who are unvaxxed, who are otherwise healthy, and are in there due to Covid not with Covid I remain doubtful it is this SPECIFIC group of unvaxxed people causing the problem.

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
it would be interesting to see the VE is boosted. I suspect the VE if not boosted is dropping fast for Delta as well. My point is have the vaccines lost most of their VE or is Omicron evading it.

VE addressed in posts 6900 and 6901

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
thanks i think. Is PSU engineer 89 accurate in 6901 where he says they are 60 effective if boosted.

Sort of, the 60% (VE infection) applies to AZ primary with MRNA booster, it's more like 70% with 2 shots of Pfizer with either of the MRNA's as a boost. The time period is still short however, those numbers are for 5-9 weeks after the booster.

Reactions: roswelllion

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Hey quickly.... Mr. Move the Goal posts before you move them AGAIN....who is taking up the hospital beds right now? Vaxxed or Unvaxxed? Now it's gone from how come they won't treat people prior to the symptoms getting bad to well only .63% are dying. You move the goal posts more than anyone I have ever seen, it's pretty amazing. You went from not knowing who to ask for medical advice for your grandchild just last week on the virus to trying to explain your walking contradiction of an opinion on the matter. At least then you had the common sense to ask. Then again you do know better as you are vaxxed, but still want to tow Tucker's line. Psst, he isn't a doctor and has the vaccine and you are being played. Again, you aren't a Doctor, that much is very clear. You're apparently didn't know where to take a child or who to ask for real medical advice on one, so you posted here....pretty f--king scary, but you somehow NOW think you know more than the medical community which overwhelmingly insists we all should get the vaccine. This is you in a nutshell and why the media and Social media has made people like you really think you are experts on this.

Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.

So when the medical community says for everyone to get the shot and your response but I know more than they do I watch Tucker at night or Facebook tells me......read the above line to yourself over and over again. Figure it out, you really do not know more than them. You see I'm not a Doctor nor would I be so arrogant as to pretend I know more than they do as to tell others to not listen to them, but I do listen to them over folks like you during an actual pandemic......and you know why, I believe them over your nightly Fox fixation where you get aroused watching Tucker. Are we clear where I am coming from yet or do you want this dance to continue?
Last comment then i think i will take a pass on any dialogue with you. You talk about moving goal posts. you are the classic. You read something you disagree with and then suggest that person is the extreme. Let's see who is really moving the posts
. My original comment was if you are under 40 and healthy I am "not sure" if a vaccine makes sense. Everyone else should be vaxxed and if you are over 60 should be boosted. I also said I was vaxxed and boosted. You immediately called me an anti vaxxer. I'll let anyone else reading this decide who moved the goal posts.
. Then you asked how I arrived at my conclusions. I provided data from CDC and Statistica to show you how I arrived at my conclusion. [less than 2.5% of deaths were under 40 and clearly some of them were unhealthy and or had been vaxxed] I did make the leap that the general relationship between hospitalization and death is reasonably consistent across age groups. Then you went off on the unvaxxed filling up the hospitals. I never disputed that. The only people I ever questioned were the under 40 healthy individuals who are unvaxxed and in the hospital because of Covid . If that is the group filling up hospitals I will admit I am wrong. Again going from a very small subset of folks to all unvaxxed is you moving the goal posts.
. Then you suggest I am giving advice. My only comment ever in this thread was "I am not so sure" moving goalposts?
. Finally when all else fails you launch into the ad hominon attacks. FTR you probably watch Tucker more than I do. I probably watch Tucker less then 4 times PER MONTH and I couldn't begin to tell you his feelings on vaccines

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
To be clear my debate with LaJolla was IMO very specific. i said anyone over 40 should be vaxxed and anyone over 60 should be vaxxed and boosted AND anyone under 40 who has other compromising conditions should be vaxxed. I said I am unsure about kids or HEALTHY adults under 40.
I don't dispute how full the hospitals are but unless someone shows me data that shows the hospitals are over run with folks under 40 who are unvaxxed, who are otherwise healthy, and are in there due to Covid not with Covid I remain doubtful it is this SPECIFIC group of unvaxxed people causing the problem.
Anti-vaxxer, you are not.

Lajolla is not an honest debater.

He makes up straw men - "masks don't help at all" is what he says we say. The truth is that the smart people say, "Based on the predominant mode of infection, only an N95 mask can work (if properly fitted), and with a regular mask, the benefits are quite small."

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
correct. so if the 50% of the patients 'with' covid take an extra 25% time due to all the PPE procedures that need to be put in place, etc...that greatly reduces the amount of patients that can be processed in a given time. Throw in the reduction in staffing over the past 18 months due to covid and medical workers leaving due to stress, covid issues, etc...and all of a sudden the hospital capacity is down 10-15% due to staffing and now down another 10-15% due to taking so much time per patient and you see the issues of why the hospitals are struggling.
You make good points and everything contributes. A quick question and not to be snarky but to make a point. If Johnny is vaxxed and is asymptomatic but has Covid and falls off his bike and breaks his arm but tests positive is he considered a vaccinated young person in the hospital with Covid? If Bobby is unvaxxed and asymptomatic, breaks his arm goes in hospital and tests positive is he part of the "pandemic of the unvaxxed crowd".
I understand both kids put a burden on the system just wondering.

Reactions: blmr31 and TheGLOV

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I am curious LaJolla, you seem to bring up “Tucker” a lot. You must watch quite a bit of him as well since he seems to be at the center of many of your posts?

From what I have seen of Tucker on any COVID policies is that he advocates asking questions and getting info multiple, credible sources of information.

Disclosure: I took that general approach, and am a big believer in the advances in medical science in the USA, am aware of vaccines here that date back to American Revolution, and fully support and am fully vaccinated and boosted.

I don’t think the process I used above is out of line with anything I have seen related in Tucker. But perhaps you watch him more than I do and I missed something?
Well said

Reactions: blmr31 and TheGLOV

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I think every situation is different and comes down to individual choice or choice for children.

Fair point, If Tucker has been vaccinated. He should be transparent about it (if he has not).

I don’t believe those two (advocating individual/circumstance-driven evaluation and choice and being vaccinated) are mutually exclusive.
I presume [haven't seen the show much in the last year or two] if la jolla knows he has been vaxxed he has been transparent. Otherwise those two are really close.

tgar

Nov 14, 2001
So you are for a mandate for folks that fall into your categories? Locally numerous 40, 50, and 60 year old unvaxxed folks have swirled and booted. One of my neighbors was 56, also healthy from what I understand.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
I think every situation is different and comes down to individual choice or choice for children.

Fair point, If Tucker has been vaccinated. He should be transparent about it (if he has not).

I don’t believe those two (advocating individual/circumstance-driven evaluation and choice and being vaccinated) are mutually exclusive.
I presume [haven't seen the show much in the last year or two] if la jolla knoews he has been vaxxed he has been transparent. Otherwise those two are really close.
So you are for a mandate for folks that fall into your categories? Locally numerous 40, 50, and 60 year old unvaxxed folks have swirled and booted. One of my neighbors was 56, also healthy from what I understand.
Do I think all those I have mentioned should get vaxxed. Yes Do i think it should be a legal requirement. No

To the extent if they don't get vaxxed it is at their own risk.[ I think it is clear the vaccines do not do ggod job of preventing catch and spread] Absolutely To the extent these folks if not vaxxed are clogging hospitals is a tricky issue. Until we as a society decide to hold people personally responsible for their health I don't think we can penalize those who made the wrong choice regarding Covid. Before you say it is different between Covid and diseases like heart disease, diabetes, obesity, lung cancer, [from smoking] et al IMO opinion it is only in volume.And remember the thing we are hearing now id 50% of hospital admissions are in for another reason and then test positive. How many I wonder are in the above group.
Said another way is the guy who is 75 lbs overweight and hospitalized for diabetes and tests positive and is unvaccinated "part of the problem". or how many folks if healthy, whether vaxxed or not unvaxxed could survive the virus without being hospitalized. I think i read yesterday in a post by psuengineer 89 that the average covid death had 2.9 comorbidity's. How many are controllable and how many would have been "okay" if healthy. Who knows?

TheGLOV

Gold Member

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
It is downright frightening that this article would be taken down. This kind of censorship is downright un-American.

I think it is getting clearer to even the science deniers - this is indeed the China virus.
Tom is a real punk. I have no respect for the guy.

He says no politics and then posts positively about Hannah Nicole Jones.

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
The point is he really has zero knowledge to make his medical "advice". What normal person would go around saying...yeah, you don't need to listen to your own doctors, trust me. The sheer level of arrogance to make these claims with no real medical background is pretty astonishing, but it's normalized online. Could you imagine if someone walked up to you and said, don't get the shot if you are under 40 and healthy....what do you do....I'm a retired electrician. People love to die on stupid hills they create for themselves.....so he can go on thinking he knows something, but I know he is completely FOS. So does anyone with a brain. It's more intelligent to say I don't know more than the doctors than to pretend you do....but here we are.

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
Last comment then i think i will take a pass on any dialogue with you. You talk about moving goal posts. you are the classic. You read something you disagree with and then suggest that person is the extreme. Let's see who is really moving the posts
. My original comment was if you are under 40 and healthy I am "not sure" if a vaccine makes sense. Everyone else should be vaxxed and if you are over 60 should be boosted. I also said I was vaxxed and boosted. You immediately called me an anti vaxxer. I'll let anyone else reading this decide who moved the goal posts.
. Then you asked how I arrived at my conclusions. I provided data from CDC and Statistica to show you how I arrived at my conclusion. [less than 2.5% of deaths were under 40 and clearly some of them were unhealthy and or had been vaxxed] I did make the leap that the general relationship between hospitalization and death is reasonably consistent across age groups. Then you went off on the unvaxxed filling up the hospitals. I never disputed that. The only people I ever questioned were the under 40 healthy individuals who are unvaxxed and in the hospital because of Covid . If that is the group filling up hospitals I will admit I am wrong. Again going from a very small subset of folks to all unvaxxed is you moving the goal posts.
. Then you suggest I am giving advice. My only comment ever in this thread was "I am not so sure" moving goalposts?
. Finally when all else fails you launch into the ad hominon attacks. FTR you probably watch Tucker more than I do. I probably watch Tucker less then 4 times PER MONTH and I couldn't begin to tell you his feelings on vaccines
Ok Doc, where did you do your "research" again? Listen to real Doctors and stop giving medical advice....somehow that offends you as well as others or you actually think you know more than they do. Telling people to listen to their own Doctors during a pandemic is not what we should do apparently. Listen to random people on the internet saying I think or I read....it's Murica in 2022. Sorry buddy, you're talking out your arse here, but your pride won't let you admit it.

Last edited:

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
It is downright frightening that this article would be taken down. This kind of censorship is downright un-American.

I think it is getting clearer to even the science deniers - this is indeed the China virus.
That isn't censorship. They are a privately owned business and Tom wouldn't have let that stand here. They would have moved it to the Test board here as he doesn't want that stuff on his board. People may not like his decisions, but you can still access that article directly. On3 isn't a government entity blocking you from a right wing paper, it's a board where they just want to keep it light. It's their site, their rules.

Just look at the topics being discussed on the link below. People aren't going there for that stuff....and honestly it's not an awful thing either IMO. I wouldn't post this Covid BS there or other political BS because I can respect their wishes. Here, they are new guys running the site and will basically take any click they want which is smart for them from a business standpoint. So it's not really censorship, it's a personal business decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
More stuff that you just see out there and people run with it like they themselves were doing the studies. Gee imagine that, people taking a clip of what someone said, completely misinterpreting it, and then spreading it. It's almost like there is a misinformation war out there.....nahhhh.

The claims, based on an edited clip of a TV interview, misrepresent what she said.

She was referring to a study that involved vaccinated individuals only, and said over 75% of deaths in that group involved individuals who had multiple other diseases and conditions. She cited the statistic as evidence that the vaccines were effective in preventing severe disease.

We rate this False.

Reactions: TheGLOV

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
The point is he really has zero knowledge to make his medical "advice". What normal person would go around saying...yeah, you don't need to listen to your own doctors, trust me. The sheer level of arrogance to make these claims with no real medical background is pretty astonishing, but it's normalized online. Could you imagine if someone walked up to you and said, don't get the shot if you are under 40 and healthy....what do you do....I'm a retired electrician. People love to die on stupid hills they create for themselves.....so he can go on thinking he knows something, but I know he is completely FOS. So does anyone with a brain. It's more intelligent to say I don't know more than the doctors than to pretend you do....but here we are.
I guarantee you I've gotten more right about this virus than your doctor did.

Seriously, it's not even disputable. Your average doctor can't figure out much about a pandemic for himself.

Your average doctor supported the government line because he did not have the ability to do anything else.

On masks, your average doctor/nurse was saying that masks really helped. I said that only N95 masks helped to any significant degree (yes, a cloth mask must be better than zero, but what sort of idiot doesn't know that?). Now, your "approved medical sources of information" are saying I was right. Period.

As soon as it became obvious that the vaccine was "leaky", I was clear that "everyone" is going to get Covid since the R0 is somewhere between 6 and 10, it is only a question of the date. Your "medical professional" was on TV telling people that if you get vaxxed, you stop the pandemic. I was right. Period.

Yes, some on this board have been about finding a reason to not get a vaccine shot regardless of age. That's just wrong. Even though it still spreads, there's very little question that it helps reduce the severity of the disease. For every person on this board that tried to argue against vaccines for the adult population, 10 of us were saying "No, that's wrong, get the vaxx".

The idea that children need the vaxx, as suggested by "approved medical sources" is just laughable. Once we knew, back in the summer, that everyone was going to get Covid, there was no reason to vaccinate children. Now, can they get the vaxx if they want it? Sure. Almost surely there will be no consequences. I was right. Period.

Stupid sheeple are STILL parroting the company line, but haven't any ability to question things on their own. Only a sheeple doesn't say, "If the vaccine is stopping the spread, then why do all the Pittsburgh Penguins have Covid"? Some idiots then ask, "Yeah, but did any of them get seriously sick?" Wow, insightful. As if any cardiovascular machine like a pro hockey player in his 20s is going to need hospitalized for Covid (regardless of vaxxed or not).

You don't have a scientific bone in your body. I'm guessing the toughest math course you ever passed was algebra II.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
That isn't censorship. They are a privately owned business and Tom wouldn't have let that stand here. They would have moved it to the Test board here as he doesn't want that stuff on his board. People may not like his decisions, but you can still access that article directly. On3 isn't a government entity blocking you from a right wing paper, it's a board where they just want to keep it light. It's their site, their rules.

Just look at the topics being discussed on the link below. People aren't going there for that stuff....and honestly it's not an awful thing either IMO. I wouldn't post this Covid BS there or other political BS because I can respect their wishes. Here, they are new guys running the site and will basically take any click they want which is smart for them from a business standpoint. So it's not really censorship, it's a personal business decision.

Tom is a vajajay. He wants "no politics" but posts about Hannah Nicole Jones, or whatever that moron's name is.

Yeah, Tom wants no politics.

Tom is a complete piece of garbage.

Texas Lion

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2018
1. Of course this thing was man made and accidentally got out of the lab.
2. They need to stop selling the shot as a vaccine and start selling it as a preemptive therapeutic. Take it and you won't get AS SICK but you could still feel bad AND pass it on.
3. The new variant is basically the beginning of the end.
A. the worse the Presidents approval rating gets the more they will do anything to make it go away. Three card monte at its best.
B. The virus is infecting every single thing in the world and it isn't going to have anything to infect by mid February.
C. It is the only thing the Democrats can hope to hang their head on. The rest of the rest year has been a disaster.
4. You will start to see the media talk about deaths, not cases.

tlbakernc

Sep 10, 2019
Mooresville NC
Saw my PCP yesterday. March 2021 I came down with Covid-19. It knocked me on my butt for about 10 days. Never went after my lungs. Bad migraine like headaches, chills, fever for 2 days, aches, and lost taste for 12 hours. In July 2021 I tested positive for antibodies. So yesterday I asked to be tested again. 10 months after infection I just tested positive for antibodies. Absolutely maddening that CDC isn’t tracking natural immunity.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
What about listening to a doctor from Harvard? Or Stanford? Or Johns Hopkins? Or many, many more?

My sister saved my sister in-law recently. SIL sees several specialists for some complex medical issues. SIL was severely overdosed and was going downhill fast. Sister and her husband stepped in, cut her medicines in half, and SIL rebounded nicely. And sister has no....zero...zilch....nada......medical background.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13

GulfCoastLion

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2002
Houston, TX
I put that radical far left lunatic on ignore long ago. He’s obviously been living in the land of fruits and nuts for far too long. There is no middle ground debating that dude, or presumably a dude 🤔🤷‍♂️

dbsteel

Jan 15, 2014
Not taking up any dialogue with that "expert"- good move, trust me.