ADVERTISEMENT

US Open matches up on YouTube

Well alright, post away. Love watching our guys! I just didnt want to see your work for the benefit of the members of this board discarded like its some useless material is all.

Zain and Nolf are so damn impressive. I made this same statement over on HR that about got me laughed off the board but very soon the NLWC is going to be considered the premier regional training center in America. Look at all the past US cadet and junior champs and world champs and medalists that's going to be in that room.Berge, Teasdale, RBY, Hall, Zain, Whittlake, Manville, Verkleeren, Nickal, Cassar and the Lee Brothers. Then on top of that you have guys like Nolf, Nico, Joseph and Taylor. That's some scary talent.

Last edited:
Gwiz and Snyder spend a whole lot of their time in State College training with the NLWC guys.

It isn't like many non PSU guys aren't already migrating to Happy Valley to train when they can.

Reactions: diggerpup
Gwiz and Snyder spend a whole lot of their time in State College training with the NLWC guys.

It isn't like many non PSU guys aren't already migrating to Happy Valley to train when they can.
We are going to show up at the 2020 Olympics Like we just showed up at the nationals. If DT can stay healthy I see NLWC sending five or more athletes to the olympics.
Zain-Bo-and Nolf will not be denied
Hall-Suriano-Joseph should account for at least one berth
then there's DT

Me too! I feel like a champion tonight! I want others to enjoy so I'm going to distract Willie when he comes snooping around. Maybe start a thread entitled "Jelly Donuts" or something like that and discuss all the gooey globby goodness inside.
I feel like I won the US Open after watching the last of the matches after getting past the FLO Nazi's.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I feel like I won the US Open after watching the last of the matches after getting past the FLO Nazi's.
amalone....Is the match Q.W. wrestled at Nationals against the Iowa kid in the semis up ? Q pinned him from his feet which i am sure everyone remembers...

Just edited
Zain-Bo-Nolf feel like locks to me
I am pretty much there with Hall too
Suriano and Joseph could account for another then there's DT
The first three have that I simply won't be beaten X factor plus Zain and Bo are much better athletes and more all around wrestlers than anyone out there or on the horizon- Nolf the same but needs a little adjustment time which he will have. Hall could end up Zain like unstoppable. DT just has to stay healthy he's a lock now ( sorry J'den)
I also would not ever want to bet against Suriano and CJ after a couple of more years with Cael. It's going to be a domination!

Just edited
Zain-Bo-Nolf feel like locks to me
I am pretty much there with Hall too
Suriano and Joseph could account for another then there's DT
I was thinking Zain and Taylor. Wouldn't Hall and Nolf be at the same weight? And both would need to get past Dake. Remember there are fewer Olympic weights than what we get for Worlds. Also thinking Taylor and Bo at same weight. I see Suriano and Joseph as severe longshots. I admit I'm just now learning the freestyle game so my recollection on weight classes may be off a bit. I'd probably set the over/under at 2.

Last edited:
I was thinking Zain and Taylor. Wouldn't Hall and Nolf be at the same weight? And both would need to get past Dake. Remember there are fewer Olympic weights than what we get for Worlds. Also thinking Taylor and Bo at same weight. I see Suriano and Joseph as severe longshots. I admit I'm just now learning the freestyle game so my recollection on weight classes may be off a bit.
Just double checked we loose 154 and 133 i.e. Suriano and Nolf. So...
143 Zain
190 DT
Our only locks
At 163 Hall-Joseph-and Nolf will be a match for an aging Dake but what fun is that ?
Suriano could make 126 but my five was predicated on erroneous poop. We may have to
Live just three olympians.

Just double checked we loose 154 and 133 i.e. Suriano and Nolf. So...
143 Zain
190 DT
Our only locks
At 163 Hall-Joseph-and Nolf will be a match for an aging Dake but what fun is that ?
Suriano could make 126 but my five was predicated on erroneous poop. We may have to
Live just three olympians.
I'd probably put Nico at higher odds of making the team than Suriano.

Q had some great wins, the figure four on Wilps, the split on Hein, but this is my favorite. First time Kilgore got taken down all year I think?
Favorite? Sorry, not even close to his pin of Grant Gambrall... @WildTurk @minnhawkeye @amalone

Does Quentin look like he is having FUN in this pic?

quentin.jpg

Last edited:
189-David Taylor.

I hate to admit it but I spent the year thinking Bo was doomed to loose in the finals to Gabe Dean. As good as DT is I can no longer doubt Bo's ability to rise to the occasion. We will see...
David Taylor has completed the transition to freestyle, and his body has caught up with the higher weight class. In freestyle, DT has to be considered a significant favorite now...with Bo closing the gap over the next couple years. We'll all get to see how this plays out over time...but Taylor isn't going to sit still either, and will continue to improve.

Not going to matter with the new weights as DT would likely be 85 and Bo would be 80

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT