ADVERTISEMENT

Update to Tested for Covid-19 testing positive

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Monday morning went to the hospital for another test. Same test as the first but they went deeper in the nostril cavities. Wasn't pleasant but it only lasts a few seconds.
Up to the waiting room for the results, 1 hour later I am being registered for surgery as my test was negative. We get to my room and the nurse comes back in says the head of the department wants a third test as so far we have 1 positive and 1 negative. The emotional swings over the last 24 hours have been many.
Third test, same as the first two except they go deeper (if you can imagine). I probably did but will not admit it that I made noises like Ned Beaty did in Deliverance. Eyes watered like the Niagara Falls. Another hour later it comes back Negative.

Just got home, with a total knee replacement. The doctor said that only one ligament was holding the knee in place. Not sure what that means.

Thanks to everyone for the positive posts and I am off to take a nap now.
Maybe Mrs. Fac will let me have a beer tonight!!!!!!

Monday morning went to the hospital for another test. Same test as the first but they went deeper in the nostril cavities. Wasn't pleasant but it only lasts a few seconds.
Up to the waiting room for the results, 1 hour later I am being registered for surgery as my test was negative. We get to my room and the nurse comes back in says the head of the department wants a third test as so far we have 1 positive and 1 negative. The emotional swings over the last 24 hours have been many.
Third test, same as the first two except they go deeper (if you can imagine). I probably did but will not admit it that I made noises like Ned Beaty did in Deliverance. Eyes watered like the Niagara Falls. Another hour later it comes back Negative.

Just got home, with a total knee replacement. The doctor said that only one ligament was holding the knee in place. Not sure what that means.

Excellent news!

@katchthis :D

@Fac Did you drink any beer after the positive test? We might have found our cure.
giphy.gif

Thanks fac...best of luck in your healing process. I'm up for removal of a spur on Monday. Way too many issues with these tests.

fantastic, @Fac. I'm really happy for you.

With all this positive news, and so many swings of emotion, perhaps Mrs. Fac will let you have something better than a beverage. :D:D

Reactions: TheGLOV and Fac
So is he in the recovered or recovering list on the department of health website?

or does he have to wait 30 days to join that group. Could his positive test prevent a county from going green?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm having Tommy John surgery on June 5th and I'm more worried about the discomfort of the COVID19 test than getting cut open!

Glad you're on the mend now.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT