ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Dem AG candidate on #SecondMile child trafficking

Morganelli is a Lehigh Valley guy. He has announced that he is running for AG. I also believe he has run unsuccessfully before. I've followed him in the news locally for years. Seems like a very good guy. Not that that means anything.

Last edited:
I doubt CC&S, Joe or Nittany Nation ll ever get any justice from the Commonwealth. Unless the feds open up a truthful investigation and look into Corbett's underhanded scam and the resulting disaster we will never get justice.

Not savvy enough to determine authenticity of a tweet. It does make sense that an "outsider" wishing to gain the support of PSU Alumni and fans would be willing to turn over the boulders. After all, with everything else that is percolating, seems like a reasonable strategy.

Last edited:
I messaged his Facebook Page asking about when, where, who... and was messaged back : 12 Noon press conference at the State College Municipal Building, 243 South Allen Street.

Which is the legit address.

I replied that I will believe it when I see him standing at that mic demanding Dr. Jack Raykovitz explain his failures to those Second Mile clients and why he let the firestorm rage away on Joe, Tim, Gary & Graham & the PSU community.

https://www.facebook.com/John-Morganelli-1726243284253798/

Hate to get all political but is he a Republican? I only ask because this has a significant political aspect to it. Corbett and Fina were Reps. Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust a PA Rep on this matter no further than I could throw him.

Democrat. For the record, I am a staunch Republican, but I would have voted for Morganelli anyway. I have always like him regardless of his political affiliation. I served on a jury for one of his cases several years ago.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I just think that those surrounding this case have been proven to be extremely corrupt...fortunately or unfortunately, they also happen to be affiliated with the PA GOP. Remember, we trusted Cormen too. He totally scammed us.

I totally agree with you. It appears that both sides of the fence are making every move for personal gain/political reasons.

I totally agree with you. It appears that both sides of the fence are making every move for personal gain/political reasons.

Bingo! The politicians simply know how to play this issue. It is easy to tell people exactly they want to hear. Where is the action? From here on out if these people want our support, then lay out an actionable plan and advertise in every media outlet. You want our vote? It's not good enough to placate us at this point.

Speaking of bogus, Morganelli was endorsed by none other than Lynne Abraham, who conducted a thorough investigation of the Second Mile. Oh wait, that investigation never happened. Nothing to see here.

http://articles.philly.com/2014-12-12/news/56993783_1_second-mile-jerry-sandusky-sandusky-case

I look at that as a good thing.

Sounds like the tweets are legit. If that's the case, and Abraham endorses him, maybe he (she) knows that place was a real cesspool. I have thought since the end of her "investigation" that she had somehow been silenced.

I think this guy should be heard out . Maybe he will somehow be a conduit for her suppressed findings. What do we have to lose? At the very least, it may force the media, if even only temporarily, to ask some hard questions about the Second Mile that just don't add up.

Since it seems to mean something here, I'm a hardcore Republican. I could care less what party the guy is in if he has the balls to come up here and open this shi+ can of worms back up.

I look at that as a good thing.

Sounds like the tweets are legit. If that's the case, and Abraham endorses him, maybe he (she) knows that place was a real cesspool. I have thought since the end of her "investigation" that she had somehow been silenced.

I think this guy should be heard out . Maybe he will somehow be a conduit for her suppressed findings. What do we have to lose? At the very least, it may force the media, if even only temporarily, to ask some hard questions about the Second Mile that just don't add up.

Since it seems to mean something here, I'm a hardcore Republican. I could care less what party the guy is in if he has the balls to come up here and open this shi+ can of worms back up.
------------------
Bingo. Even if the guy is just trolling for votes, we can use him to shed some daylight. Go to his presser and ask pointed questions about TSM, Raykovich, BoT ties and business dealings, political contributions, the PMA takeover of the BoT, and a whole lot more. Do it at every stop of his campaign. Maybe if enough people do that, the press will actually ask some of their own and follow up on the stories.

Politics is a game but it is game all sides can play. He may be using the scandal as a way to get votes but we can use his campaign to shed light on the scandal. Don't trust the guy but use him as we have been used. If and when he earns our trust, all the better.

Gotta play the game to win the game.

I messaged his Facebook Page asking about when, where, who... and was messaged back : 12 Noon press conference at the State College Municipal Building, 243 South Allen Street.

Which is the legit address.

I replied that I will believe it when I see him standing at that mic demanding Dr. Jack Raykovitz explain his failures to those Second Mile clients and why he let the firestorm rage away on Joe, Tim, Gary & Graham & the PSU community.

https://www.facebook.com/John-Morganelli-1726243284253798/
There is no grandstand to high for John. That being said, he has been District Attorney of Northampton County for a long time. He is a bulldog, too. http://www.johnmorganelli.com/about/

Reactions: step.eng69
------------------
Bingo. Even if the guy is just trolling for votes, we can use him to shed some daylight. Go to his presser and ask pointed questions about TSM, Raykovich, BoT ties and business dealings, political contributions, the PMA takeover of the BoT, and a whole lot more. Do it at every stop of his campaign. Maybe if enough people do that, the press will actually ask some of their own and follow up on the stories.

Politics is a game but it is game all sides can play. He may be using the scandal as a way to get votes but we can use his campaign to shed light on the scandal. Don't trust the guy but use him as we have been used. If and when he earns our trust, all the better.

Gotta play the game to win the game.

Let's see how far he takes it.

Honestly, as much as I hate to say this, it's time to move on from thinking justice will ever be done. The old school regime has too much control in this crappy state. This guy will be either shut down fast or forced out if he pushes it.

Reactions: therod
Morganelli is a Lehigh Valley guy. He has announced that he is running for AG. I also believe he has run unsuccessfully before. I've followed him in the news locally for years. Seems like a very good guy. Not that that means anything.

The fact that he "seems like a very good guy" is most likely why he has "run unsuccessfully before". Politics doesn't reward "good guys".

For the record, I'm no Democrat, but I read his platform on his website, and there's a lot I agree with. Definitely a guy I could get behind based on his proposals.

The fact that he "seems like a very good guy" is most likely why he has "run unsuccessfully before". Politics doesn't reward "good guys".

For the record, I'm no Democrat, but I read his platform on his website, and there's a lot I agree with. Definitely a guy I could get behind based on his proposals.
Which is why I qualified it with "not that that means anything."

Let's see how far he takes it.
-------
But sitting back to see how far he takes it wastes an opportunity. Be aggressive and ask him all sorts of questions about TSM, BoT, PMA, illegal business practices, force him to go further than he wants...if he is just looking for votes. If he is sincere, bringing up all these different aspects will be an eye opener for him and move him along much more rapidly.

If he shows up in my area, I will ask him what he knows about how the PMA stole elections to the BoT, had their hand-picked puppets hire PMA Insurance, and then illegally changed the bylaws to keep B & I puppets on the BoT. Bettin' he doesn't have a clue about all that.

Use him as much as we have been used.

UPDATE:

Official statement from PA Republican Attorney General candidate Joe Peters:

"Protection of the children of Pennsylvania is unquestionably among my highest priorities, as it should be for all of those, past and present, who hold the position of Attorney General of our great commonwealth. By way of example, if there are still unanswered questions arising out of the Jerry Sandusky case, I will pursue the truth.

"As a part my inquiry, if elected and entrusted with the responsibilities of the attorney general, I will embark upon a review of any remaining questions arising out the Sandusky investigation and prosecution, including any that arose as legitimate complaints received regarding Sandusky's then-charity, "The Second Mile" or any other charities or organizations. Of course, no individual will be unfairly scrutinized or maligned in this review, as that is as important an obligation in the pursuit of truth and justice. Since oversight of nonprofits is the responsibility of the Charitable Trusts and Organizations Section of the Office of Attorney General (OAG), it is incumbent upon the OAG to explore under the parameters of the law, the handling by the "Second Mile" of complaints and obligations to report, regarding Sandusky’s interactions with children.

"Additionally, given the spending (estimated in excess of $200 million) in the wake of the Sandusky charges, including interactions with the NCAA as may have been revealed through the discovery process surrounding the Corman vs. NCAA lawsuit, it would be reasonable to inquire into the fiduciary decisions of the university's board of trustees, in order that this unfortunate episode may never again repeat itself.

"Most importantly, to vigorously pursue our obligation to protect our children, we must recognize that pedophiles live among us. Let us heed the lessons learned from the tragedy of the Sandusky case to further our inquiry about their horrific predilections, how they hide in plain sight, and how to earlier recognize their behavior so that we may take them off the streets under the rule of law and bring them to justice sooner…not later. We must ask the daunting question: Are our children safer than they were five years ago? If the answer is no, or just as frighteningly, we don't know, then we are ignoring valuable lessons of misplaced trust and lack of accountability. Sadly, that would dangerously deny us all a critical opportunity to protect today’s and tomorrow’s children.

"Please know that I am fully committed to protection of all our children, justice for anyone unfairly maligned and accountability for those who should bear it."

- Joe Peters
A Career Prosecutor for Attorney General
JoePeters.com
On Twitter: @JoePeters4AG
Facebook.com/JoePetersforAG

UPDATE:

Official statement from PA Republican Attorney General candidate Joe Peters:

"Protection of the children of Pennsylvania is unquestionably among my highest priorities, as it should be for all of those, past and present, who hold the position of Attorney General of our great commonwealth. By way of example, if there are still unanswered questions arising out of the Jerry Sandusky case, I will pursue the truth.

"As a part my inquiry, if elected and entrusted with the responsibilities of the attorney general, I will embark upon a review of any remaining questions arising out the Sandusky investigation and prosecution, including any that arose as legitimate complaints received regarding Sandusky's then-charity, "The Second Mile" or any other charities or organizations. Of course, no individual will be unfairly scrutinized or maligned in this review, as that is as important an obligation in the pursuit of truth and justice. Since oversight of nonprofits is the responsibility of the Charitable Trusts and Organizations Section of the Office of Attorney General (OAG), it is incumbent upon the OAG to explore under the parameters of the law, the handling by the "Second Mile" of complaints and obligations to report, regarding Sandusky’s interactions with children.

"Additionally, given the spending (estimated in excess of $200 million) in the wake of the Sandusky charges, including interactions with the NCAA as may have been revealed through the discovery process surrounding the Corman vs. NCAA lawsuit, it would be reasonable to inquire into the fiduciary decisions of the university's board of trustees, in order that this unfortunate episode may never again repeat itself.

"Most importantly, to vigorously pursue our obligation to protect our children, we must recognize that pedophiles live among us. Let us heed the lessons learned from the tragedy of the Sandusky case to further our inquiry about their horrific predilections, how they hide in plain sight, and how to earlier recognize their behavior so that we may take them off the streets under the rule of law and bring them to justice sooner…not later. We must ask the daunting question: Are our children safer than they were five years ago? If the answer is no, or just as frighteningly, we don't know, then we are ignoring valuable lessons of misplaced trust and lack of accountability. Sadly, that would dangerously deny us all a critical opportunity to protect today’s and tomorrow’s children.

"Please know that I am fully committed to protection of all our children, justice for anyone unfairly maligned and accountability for those who should bear it."

- Joe Peters
A Career Prosecutor for Attorney General
JoePeters.com
On Twitter: @JoePeters4AG
Facebook.com/JoePetersforAG

Pretty powerful statement. Will he follow through if elected. Some OG BOT members shat their pants after ready this.

One of the nice things about "quitting"...is you are only SUPPOSED to announce it once :)

(unless you are Brett Favre)

I often disagree with Nate, but he has a point. Not advocating that anyone "move on", but the long and storied track record of the Commonwealth lends credence to the thought that the corruption will continue unchecked. Couple that with a media that is lazy and interested only in protecting the accepted narrative, and it would appear that his prediction is more likely than not.

Forcing every candidate to talk about this is something, I guess. I'd rather see a US Attorney digging into it.

Reactions: step.eng69
I thought I remember a few years ago the OAG (Kane) wanted to start on the investigation of TSM and the US Justice Dept. or another federal agency told the AG to back off, they were investigating TSM. :confused::confused:
Maybe Jimmy W will pipe in.

Kane and the Feds met after she took office and discussed how to proceed with the pending investigations. Feds stayed the course with TSM. PA OAG had the Conspiracy of Silence case & anything else related. As Bagwell's information shows, the Feds wrapped up their PSU investigation (ref. 2 Feb 12 subpoena). Second Mile investigation is presumed to be ongoing...in other words, nothing has come out to say it has ended.

Typically, white collar crime investigations (money laundering, extortion, etc) can last a long time. On average between 2 and 7 years. Longer if there are not cooperating witnesses.

Given the tangled web that has been exposed in PA, the TSM investigation could take quite while.

I often disagree with Nate, but he has a point. Not advocating that anyone "move on", but the long and storied track record of the Commonwealth lends credence to the thought that the corruption will continue unchecked. Couple that with a media that is lazy and interested only in protecting the accepted narrative, and it would appear that his prediction is more likely than not.

This is exactly what I'm saying. I'm not quitting, I just have no hope things will ever be different in the publics eye or if the truth will ever come out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT