ADVERTISEMENT

University of Iowa Children's Hospital over looking the stadium was really cool........

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
...put the game into perspective. I would think having children going through chemo watching practice is the ultimate motivator. Difficult for a player to complain knowing theres a child with cancer watching him practice.

Not sure who or why they placed the hospital where they did, but I think it was an awesome idea. Great reminder for fans, too, bitching about their myopic problems.

Wikipedia says the present location opened this year. Is that correct? I really don't recall this before. The last time I watched an entire Penn State at Iowa game was 2008. And, I don't recall the children's Hospital.

Nice during the football season but what happens when football is over? The hospital is there year round so one would think all of Iowa’s athletic programs participate in visiting the kids there.

Nice during the football season but what happens when football is over? The hospital is there year round so one would think all of Iowa’s athletic programs participate in visiting the kids there.

Still uplifting for the kids, I would think.

In my own life, if I were a child with a serious sickness over looking Citizen Banks Park or Beaver Stadium, my daydreams would help me get through the day. As a kid, all I drempt about was Phillies baseball.

I think the Iowa hospital which is the largest teaching hospital west of the Mississippi has been next to the stadium forever. Just built the Childrens hospital on an available space. Large Cleft Palate Center.

I think the Iowa hospital which is the largest teaching hospital west of the Mississippi has been next to the stadium forever. Just built the Childrens hospital on an available space. Large Cleft Palate Center.

Largest? Probably not. Barnes-Jewish in St. Louis is bigger, and LA County (USC) and Ronald Reagan (UCLA) may be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT