ADVERTISEMENT

UNI/Pittsburgh

Wow, that 157 had Pitt pinned in the cradle, but ended up getting pinned. Schwab boutta catch a case in PA.

21-19 Pitt.

Apparently, UNI isn't deep enough to pull it off without Thomsen and Holschlag (197 Holschlag).

The announcers are perplexed as to why wrestling gives 9.9 scholarships instead of just a plain old 10 scholarships.

I must admit that I've never thought about that, but, yeah, why is that?

The announcers are perplexed as to why wrestling gives 9.9 scholarships instead of just a plain old 10 scholarships.

I must admit that I've never thought about that, but, yeah, why is that?
They used to give 11, but many years ago, the NCAA decreed all sports would reduce scholarships by 10% for parity or to fund women's sports. Or maybe because smaller schools complained of the expense. Regardless, wrestling lost 1.1 scholarships. It is absurd that a wrestling team can't fully fund a starting line up.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
They used to give 11, but many years ago, the NCAA decreed all sports would reduce scholarships by 10% for parity or to fund women's sports. Or maybe because smaller schools complained of the expense. Regardless, wrestling lost 1.1 scholarships. It is absurd that a wrestling team can't fully fund a starting line up.
Thanks. That would explain the odd number then.

It’s not about fully funding a lineup. 32 kids or so on the PSU roster get partial scholarships in what is an equivalency sport.

Reactions: dsites52
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT