ADVERTISEMENT

Uh-oh: weather forecast on Saturday...we may be in trouble

Jerry

May 29, 2001
The Mighty Massachusetts Minutemen have been thrown a life preserver: current forecast calling for an inch of rain and temps around 50!

Damn it! Double damn it! Y'all think this game is in the bag? Think again.

I'll be studying the meteorological predictions on an hourly basis the whole week.

Seriously, the weather thread for the Iowa game was so much fun...I think we should do it again.

But joking aside, the forecast does actually suck. I mean, hell, we need something to create interest and suspense...;)

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Happy London GIF by Kick Game

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry
Vegas has us 43-point favorites.

Don't those guys pay attention to weather forecasts??!!

Reactions: GregInPitt
It is an unfortunate forecast. Rain games just suck overall. Instead of this being a proper tuneup game, we will be in a real mud bowl based on the current forecast.

Reactions: step.eng69
Maybe the rain hurts UMass worse than us. We can grind it out 4 or 5 yards at a time…can they?

I remember the worst rain in a game I attended as a student in 1974. The rain flowed down the stands like a water fall. Final score was Navy 7, Penn State 6.
NIGHTMARE !!!!!
Also fog. You could barely see the field. They allowed umbrellas. The one from behind dripped down my back. The one in front dripped into my lap. The only game I ever left at halftime.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT