ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrod Taylor trade means Barkley to the Browns

heckmans

Feb 13, 2006
No way they don't choose Barkley #1, unless they are stupid....which is a distinct possibility.

All of a sudden, Cleveland may be in better shape than the Giants or Colts. I'd imagine Barkley goes No. 1, then they take their QB of the future or Minkah Fitzpatrick at No. 4. Browns will have plenty of talent.

Provided that they are indifferent between that QB and the others that might go 2 and 3.

Reactions: JoeFi
Why? Taylor is not a franchise QB

Rookie QBs need time to learn. It’s been a long time since one came into the league ready to play at a championship level. Maybe Marino? Having a guy to mentor “the guy” is just common sense.

Kinda feel sorry for Saquon if that's the case.
that's my knee jerk reaction, but at some point Cleveland is going to stockpile too much talent to be bad. They will have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds this year. Taylor will likely be a bridge to whatever QB they draft.

Still big question marks in the front office and head coach.

I have no idea what Cleveland will do but this doesn't rule out them taking Allen at one. Allen probably should sit for a year. Barkley should go first but this is Cleveland

I was hoping we could trade Bell and a box of shiny rocks to the Browns for the #1 pick to get Barkley.

But I understand the new GM has half a clue so that might be tough.

Reactions: psu00
All of a sudden, Cleveland may be in better shape than the Giants or Colts. I'd imagine Barkley goes No. 1, then they take their QB of the future or Minkah Fitzpatrick at No. 4. Browns will have plenty of talent.
But the Browns will still be saddled with their same highly-successful Executive Management team.:rolleyes:

Reactions: PSU73
As an Eagle fan i'm concerned he goes to the Giants and wrecks havoc on the birds now he goes to the Browns and wrecks havoc on the Steelers.

Is Minkah really that good? I watched several Alabama games and he seemed non-existent. Help me understand the hype?

How was he non-existent? He's an elite safety that many believe could also be a CB. So yes he is really that good. Best safety prospect since...Eric Berry probably. What don't you like about him that everyone else is missing?

Couldn't they still trade the pick for a shit-ton of picks?

Maybe but someone has to really fall in love with a QB or Saquon that has the picks to move up to 1...I don't now who fits that. I could see Buffalo, Arizona or maybe Detroit wanting to make that move but do they have the ammo? Let's see what happens with Cousins and McCarron

Taylor trades means nothing for the draft.
Browns still taking a QB in first round. If they have a solid QB favorite, they take him at #1. If not, they use #1 on their favorite player (SB or Chubb) and take the best QB at #4.
Taylor will hold the job until the rookie is ready, then he will hold a clipboard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT