ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreese Fearbry Decommits

Said this in the 2022 class thread but I was excited about this kid. I thought he was a great pick up and could compete with DDS and Talley in the same class at the same position. Maybe he prefers somewhere where he is the headliner or perhaps we are still pursuing DEs or maybe something totally unrelated. Either way, I'd rather he was still in the fold.

Reactions: TheGLOV
2nd thought, is it possible that Fearbry was asked to play LB? He's awfully light for DE. I'm sure that he fills out but maybe they liked him at LB with his athleticism.

cd08cb32-6f2e-40dd-ac4b-4189f356d2b3_text.gif

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. With the lack of depth at DE I was under the belief that 3 DE's in this class was a given.

Does this open up a scholarship for VanSumeren? Or maybe Wesolak?

Wonder if Fearbry is coming to the Lash Bash.

Fearbry is a big fish in a very small pond. The City League plays some pretty sub-par football. Did he decide he would rather not compete with DDS for playing time?

Hope he changes his mind (again) and rejoins the class, as he seems to have elite quickness and a frame that the PSU S&C program would do wonders for......

Decommits are all part of the game. If you follow the highest ranked teams in recruiting, they all have 3 to 4 decommits a year. A lot of times a new commit will get a kid that's been committed for awhile rethinking especially if they play the same position.

Not sure what he was referring to with his "until further notice" statement

Decommits are all part of the game. If you follow the highest ranked teams in recruiting, they all have 3 to 4 decommits a year. A lot of times a new commit will get a kid that's been committed for awhile rethinking especially if they play the same position.

Not sure what he was referring to with his "until further notice" statement
Buying time to get his grades up/acceptable??

I bet he is getting pressed to go to PITT, would not be surprised if he ends up there.
There was a cryptic post on The Lair before he committed......as rumors began to circulate that he was PSU bound.....the essential interpretation I got was this poster would be talking to a contact (presumably connected to HS football in the area) and there would be repercussions.
My guess is that everyday life has been made a living hell for this young man.
My heart goes out to him. I can't imagine what it must be like to be 17 or 18 and have adults rip you apart.
I hope he can succeed and find happiness in his choice moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT