ADVERTISEMENT

TV for next saturday

Just when we're starting to build some momentum with a national audience we get an evening game against a quality opponent and they stick us on the BTN...just perfect.

Reactions: step.eng69
Just when we're starting to build some momentum with a national audience we get an evening game against a quality opponent and they stick us on the BTN...just perfect.
This TV decision was made months ago.

The idea that Paterno hated him, is a false narrative: They had disagreements during his playing time, but afterward, and from there on after, Paterno only had glowing words to say on Millen, and vise versa.

It's fine if you choose to dislike him, but using the false narrative that Paterno did NOT, is not a valid reason, because it is simply not true.

The idea that Paterno hated him, is a false narrative: They had disagreements during his playing time, but afterward, and from there on after, Paterno only had glowing words to say on Millen, and vise versa.

It's fine if you choose to dislike him, but using the false narrative that Paterno did NOT, is not a valid reason, because it is simply not true.

He was a complete tool in Fall 2011- he was the media's wet dream, an insider who went along with their BS narrative. He made a choice to the benefit of his own career, and so none of us have to like him now. And truth be told, he is horrible as an announcer, but we don't overlook it as we would if he had used his position to try to have Coach Paterno's back and at least play devil's advocate.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
He was a complete tool in Fall 2011- he was the media's wet dream, an insider who went along with their BS narrative. He made a choice to the benefit of his own career, and so none of us have to like him now. And truth be told, he is horrible as an announcer, but we don't overlook it as we would if he had used his position to try to have Coach Paterno's back and at least play devil's advocate.

Did you get that out of his initial reaction? Is that what you got? We must have seen different clips. Hey, link it up and I'll watch it again, maybe I missed it amigo, but I did not see him betray Paterno.

I understand that but it still sucks. Too many games on the BTN network this year.

What's the big deal? They pay us good money for the privilege, and it allows us to watch all our games on Big Boy TV instead of on your IPhone.

There are many Penn State alums and fans outside of Pennsylvania and the surrounding states that thank their lucky stars BTN exists. What would "suck" is if they had to worry about streaming issues on some 3 inch telephone screen or some 15 inch computer.

If your cable company doesn't get it, call and bi+[h. Tell them you'll go to Direct TV or Dish.

If you like A$$ Kiss Millen or not because of his embracing the Freeh Report for money and opportunity.....he still sucks as a color guy..... as he sucked as a GM ... his matter of fact stupid is the perfect compliment to Mark Mays outlandish stupid. They should be put together on a show like Mike and Mike ,,,, called "Dumb and Dumber!"

Reactions: aferrelli
What's the big deal? They pay us good money for the privilege, and it allows us to watch all our games on Big Boy TV instead of on your IPhone.

There are many Penn State alums and fans outside of Pennsylvania and the surrounding states that thank their lucky stars BTN exists. What would "suck" is if they had to worry about streaming issues on some 3 inch telephone screen or some 15 inch computer.

If your cable company doesn't get it, call and bi+[h. Tell them you'll go to Direct TV or Dish.

The problem is the fans outside of Pennsylvania are the ones that can't get the BTN unless they're in a big 10 area. I've been in two states now outside of PA and neither place offers it and both places are actually pretty close to Big 10 states, so I imagine states further away have no chance. Sorry, I would rather have two games a season on the BTN and the rest on ESPN like it's been every year until this year.

Quit whining! We could be pitt. Most of their games only have local Pittsburgh radio. No TV at all.

The problem is the fans outside of Pennsylvania are the ones that can't get the BTN unless they're in a big 10 area. I've been in two states now outside of PA and neither place offers it and both places are actually pretty close to Big 10 states, so I imagine states further away have no chance. Sorry, I would rather have two games a season on the BTN and the rest on ESPN like it's been every year until this year.

If your cable company doesn't get it, you can easily get it with either Direct TV or Dish. That's available everywhere in the good old USA. If you have some kind of blockage from the sky (gigantic tree or skyscraper blocking the satellite) just get the PlayStation Vue App on your computer. I know you have a computer, because you wrote this post (unless you wrote it from work).

The first thing you do is call your cable company and bi+ch like crazy. When they give you a hard time, just tell them you can get it on satellite cheaper (I know DTV and Dish have inexpensive startup packages). You can also threaten them with FIOS if it's available in your area. Or, if you just want to cut the cord completely, PlayStation Vue offers BTN on their Core Slim package which includes 70 Plus Channels for 34.99 per month. They have other packages you can choose from. Then you can just stream it into your TV set.

How does that Buffalo Wild Wings you were talking about get it? Find out, install Chromecast or Ruku, and invite a friend over that gets that particular service. I won't get into detail, but they would be able to temporarily get the game for you while they were there.

You have options available. There are others that I don't have time to go over here. But the more people that dump their lame cable company if they refuse to carry BTN, the closer they will get to carrying it. That's what happened in my area in 2007.

Just a heads up for next year. Look for BTN to carry the Pitt game if Armstrong doesn't come on board. BTN forced Armstrong to take a ton of heat from the Pitt fans last year when they televised the Iowa game. There will be a total meltdown in Armstrong land next year if the Pitt/Penn State game is blacked out (and a lot of cut cords). :)

Last edited:
If your cable company doesn't get it, you can easily get it with either Direct TV or Dish. That's available everywhere in the good old USA. If you have some kind of blockage from the sky (gigantic tree or skyscraper blocking the satellite) just get the PlayStation Vue App on your computer. I know you have a computer, because you wrote this post (unless you wrote it from work).

The first thing you do is call your cable company and bi+ch like crazy. When they give you a hard time, just tell them you can get it on satellite cheaper (I know DTV and Dish have inexpensive startup packages). You can also threaten them with FIOS if it's available in your area. Or, if you just want to cut the cord completely, PlayStation Vue offers BTN on their Core Slim package which includes 70 Plus Channels for 34.99 per month. They have other packages you can choose from. Then you can just stream it into your TV set.

How does that Buffalo Wild Wings you were talking about get it? Find out, install Chromecast or Ruku, and invite a friend over that gets that particular service. I won't get into detail, but they would be able to temporarily get the game for you while they were there.

You have options available. There are others that I don't have time to go over here. But the more people that dump their lame cable company if they refuse to carry BTN, the closer they will get to carrying it. That's what happened in my area in 2007.

Just a heads up for next year. Look for BTN to carry the Pitt game if Armstrong doesn't come on board. BTN forced Armstrong to take a ton of heat from the Pitt fans last year when they televised the Iowa game. There will be a total meltdown in Armstrong land next year if the Pitt/Penn State game is blacked out (and a lot of cut cords). :)

I could get it through Direct TV or the Dish but I have heard nothing good about either one. I may end up going to Direct TV next year, but it's just irritating that prior to the BTN I could watch almost all PSU games but now it's getting harder and harder. If I lived in Big 10 country it would be no problem, but since I don't I have to jump through hoops. I didn't mind it too much when it was only two games a year, but this year has been ridiculous.

I'm obviously in Florida and love BTN. As an IU (undergrad) and PSU (grad) alum, between the networks and BTN, I am able to watch all PSU football games and pretty much all IU basketball games. My only gripe this year is that BTN is showing fewer PSU women's volleyball matches than the last couple of years. And the fact that the Penn State Story is no longer being shown (at least as far as I know).

Reactions: sarasotan
I'm obviously in Florida and love BTN. As an IU (undergrad) and PSU (grad) alum, between the networks and BTN, I am able to watch all PSU football games and pretty much all IU basketball games. My only gripe this year is that BTN is showing fewer PSU women's volleyball matches than the last couple of years. And the fact that the Penn State Story is no longer being shown (at least as far as I know).

I live in Northern California and Comcast carries BTN as part of a premium package. And every time ESPN has two games in a time slot, we get the Penn State game. Must be a PSU grad in the scheduling department someplace.

I could get it through Direct TV or the Dish but I have heard nothing good about either one. I may end up going to Direct TV next year, but it's just irritating that prior to the BTN I could watch almost all PSU games but now it's getting harder and harder. If I lived in Big 10 country it would be no problem, but since I don't I have to jump through hoops. I didn't mind it too much when it was only two games a year, but this year has been ridiculous.

So I guess you must have paid extra for ESPN GamePlan before BTN, because that's basically where all our current BTN games existed before 2007.

With BTN, you don't have to pay extra for those games anymore like you did with ESPN GamePlan. Plus you get Penn State/Big Ten exclusive sports coverage the rest of the year like Basketball, soccer, hockey, Sports Center type shows focused 99% on Big Ten Schools, etc. Actually, it's my favorite channel on television during football and basketball seasons.

As for DTV, that's what I have. I dumped Time Warner in 2007 and picked it up. Like it FAAAR better than Time Warner. Only issues are occasional disruptions during REALLY bad weather.

I live in an area with a LOT of snow, wind, and rain. I would guess since 2007, I have had maybe, at the most, 10 reception disruptions, none of which ever lasted more than 15 minutes. Most are maybe 1 or 2 minutes at the most. I might have anywhere from 1 to 3 per year. Hardly ever notice it.

If DTV WAS ever interupted by weather (I think that has only ever happened once to me during a game in almost 10 years), you could just go to your computer and watch the game on BTN2Go.

As I said, there are other ways to get it like Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse, PlayStation Vue. etc. Also, if you want to stream the game through Chromecast, Roku, Android, or iOS (Apple), and you have a friend that is subscribing to BTN through one of the numerous Providers, invite him over to watch the game. He can input his ID number so you can both watch it at your house for free.

Last edited:
I live in Northern California and Comcast carries BTN as part of a premium package. And every time ESPN has two games in a time slot, we get the Penn State game. Must be a PSU grad in the scheduling department someplace.
Geezer: Me too. And I was thinking the same thing. When there are two games, we always get the PSU game. I'm lovin' it.

If it were not for the BTN........ The game would be on one of the ESPiNs. ;-)

Reactions: sarasotan
Sorry, I would rather have two games a season on the BTN and the rest on ESPN like it's been every year until this year.

Don't let facts get in the way of your rant. Just three years ago, in 2013, we were on the BTN five times. Over the last ten years there has been exactly two years where there were just two games on the BTN (2012 and 2015). On average we appear 3-4 times a year on the BTN.

BTN Games
2015: Rutgers, Indiana
2014: Rutgers, UMass, NW, Ind
2013: E Mich, UCF, Kent St, Ind, Pur, Neb
2012: Iowa, Ind
2011: Ind St, Purdue, NW
2010: YSU, Temple, Ind
2009: Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Indiana
2008: Coastal Carolina, Temple, Indiana
2007: Fla Int, Buffalo, Illinois,

If it were not for the BTN........ The game would be on one of the ESPiNs. ;-)

"If it were not for the BTN..........." we would be at least $8.5 million dollars per year poorer, and you would probably have to stream games like Kent State and Temple over ESPN 3. That's if your Internet Service Provider paid ESPN for the privilege.

Don't let facts get in the way of your rant. Just three years ago, in 2013, we were on the BTN five times. Over the last ten years there has been exactly two years where there were just two games on the BTN (2012 and 2015). On average we appear 3-4 times a year on the BTN.

BTN Games
2015: Rutgers, Indiana
2014: Rutgers, UMass, NW, Ind
2013: E Mich, UCF, Kent St, Ind, Pur, Neb
2012: Iowa, Ind
2011: Ind St, Purdue, NW
2010: YSU, Temple, Ind
2009: Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Indiana
2008: Coastal Carolina, Temple, Indiana
2007: Fla Int, Buffalo, Illinois,

Don't let civility get in the way of your dickishness...three is still better than six...and so is four.

Reactions: royboy
Plus we get basketball for both men and women, hockey and lots of other sports that would never see the light of day without BTN. I live in Atlanta and have had full BTN coverage since day one. And, as previously stated I'm not having to pay for Game Plan anymore (if it still exists). People need to quit whining.

Don't let civility get in the way of your dickishness...three is still better than six...and so is four.

No argument there. Three and four are better than six. However, each of them is greater than the two games per year that you claimed. Get your facts right if you are going to go on a rant.

I'm a stickler for the truth. Thus, I have a thing for people who lie to try to make their point. If using facts to counter a falsehood is dickish behavior, then I'm happy to wear the badge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT