ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker served to be fired with cause notice

Further down in the link above, it is mentioned that PSU is also going after one of MSU's 4star OL commits. Dog eat dog out there.
That’s what I don’t understand, firing him now I believe opens up the transfer portal for existing players further weakening the team if any jump. If I’m wrong certainly someone here will tell me.
In any event it appears that the whole house is being burned down, because wealthy donors want off the hook immediately. Of course the spin will be completely different in a we’re moving forward vein.

Reactions: step.eng69
Someone explain to me the "eligible right away" once the coach is fired. Surely you don't mean they could leave mid semester and be playing for another school in November, right?

Also, did someone say circle back on Talley? Ken Talley? Yeah, that aint happening.

Someone explain to me the "eligible right away" once the coach is fired. Surely you don't mean they could leave mid semester and be playing for another school in November, right?

Also, did someone say circle back on Talley? Ken Talley? Yeah, that aint happening.
I don’t know if your post was concerning mine, but allow me to clarify as I wasn’t precise. No they wouldn’t show up somewhere and start playing ( Although with the NCAA anything is possible ). What I was implying is that since MSU hasn’t played enough games yet they could sit out the rest of the season and save a year of eligibility. And as I stated before that would diminish a roster of a program presently in turmoil.

I hope that the WR coach has stayed in touch with Marsh. That kid is the real deal.

What did Talley do to earn his walking papers out of Penn State?

What did Talley do to earn his walking papers out of Penn State?
One rumor involved potentially trying to date the daughter of somebody in the Football Family. No idea if there was any truth, as I recall it caused quite a stir regarding the privacy of the students and/or the potential stupIdity of the player.

If at all true, then him ending up w Mel Tucker/MSU may have been prescient.

Tally as in Tallahassee.

One rumor involved potentially trying to date the daughter of somebody in the Football Family. No idea if there was any truth, as I recall it caused quite a stir regarding the privacy of the students and/or the potential stupIdity of the player.

If at all true, then him ending up w Mel Tucker/MSU may have been prescient.
He dated Jay?😱

Yeah I mean drops happen but those 2 drops were about as easy as a catch can be. Definetely concerning for me.
I agree. I thought they were both egregious. We needed to stretch the field a bit more to open up the run game and those two hurt. I also thought that Allen could have had a td reception on that beautiful short pass and let down his qb. On the other hand Clifford truly surprised me with that beautiful catch.

That’s what I don’t understand, firing him now I believe opens up the transfer portal for existing players further weakening the team if any jump. If I’m wrong certainly someone here will tell me.
In any event it appears that the whole house is being burned down, because wealthy donors want off the hook immediately. Of course the spin will be completely different in a we’re moving forward vein.

To a growing number of college administrators, D1 football is a target that must be destroyed for the sake of fairness and democracy!

You can't help but wonder if MSU is really this concerned about moral turpitude or is really, really happy to have the opportunity to cancel the absurd $95 million contract with Tucker that they signed while clearly under the influence of psychadelics two years ago.

You can't help but wonder if MSU is really this concerned about moral turpitude or is really, really happy to have the opportunity to cancel the absurd $95 million contract with Tucker that they signed while clearly under the influence of psychadelics two years ago.
Yeah, looks like a really expensive phone sex session for Coach Tucker.

Makes me wonder if that was her true mission when they hired her……’Spend lots of time with coach and see if you can get him to do something really stupid. A million bonus if it’s good enough that we can dump this loser’.

Seriously, do other schools hire a woman to be a counselor on sexual harassment and have her stick around for a couple months?

Makes me wonder if that was her true mission when they hired her……’Spend lots of time with coach and see if you can get him to do something really stupid. A million bonus if it’s good enough that we can dump this loser’.

Seriously, do other schools hire a woman to be a counselor on sexual harassment and have her stick around for a couple months?
tucker responds. he clearly accuses the woman of "leaking" the contents of the investigation at a critical time and in violation of confidentiality. My guess is that this is just a tactic to use against her in the civil case she will certainly file against Tucker. Did she or didn't she leak it? Nobody knows for sure. Second, he cites the "Family Leave" law stating that he has some kind of medical issue. My understanding is that he did this before when being relieved of his duties as a coach in a previous stop. Again, some kind of delaying factor and, perhaps, trying to draw few more paychecks before the inevitable (or, at least, to claim a few more paychecks).

nowhere does he deny his actions that I saw. My point is that she may be a scumbag. But because one party is a scumbag it doesn't make the other party a good person. Both can be scumbags. And in this case, that may be true. Regardless of her intentions or morals, he has a commitment to himself and the university. If a woman hits on you who is out of bounds (work, marriage or other commitments) it is your duty to turn her down and walk away. Full stop.

tucker responds. he clearly accuses the woman of "leaking" the contents of the investigation at a critical time and in violation of confidentiality. My guess is that this is just a tactic to use against her in the civil case she will certainly file against Tucker. Did she or didn't she leak it? Nobody knows for sure. Second, he cites the "Family Leave" law stating that he has some kind of medical issue. My understanding is that he did this before when being relieved of his duties as a coach in a previous stop. Again, some kind of delaying factor and, perhaps, trying to draw few more paychecks before the inevitable (or, at least, to claim a few more paychecks).

nowhere does he deny his actions that I saw. My point is that she may be a scumbag. But because one party is a scumbag it doesn't make the other party a good person. Both can be scumbags. And in this case, that may be true. Regardless of her intentions or morals, he has a commitment to himself and the university. If a woman hits on you who is out of bounds (work, marriage or other commitments) it is your duty to turn her down and walk away. Full stop.

Wasn’t defending the guy at all. He is a low moral person to cheat on his wife. He is a perv for doing what he did to another woman. And he is incredibly stupid to put such such a sweet gig and his marriage in jeopardy for such little return.

Just that this is working out too perfectly well for the school. I guess that with what we see in our government, in our media, in our business world, in just about every aspect of our lives…..I am the King of Cynicism and trust no one.

Reactions: OzLion
In any event it appears that the whole house is being burned down because wealthy donors want off the hook immediately. Of course, the spin will be completely different in a we’re moving forward vein.
It's all about the money (of course).

It's all about the money (of course).
Yep....but MSU's hands were tied here. The case against Tucker is cut and dried. Case facts: she is a contractor, he is a highly paid employee, he's married with kids, he has a morals clause, he not only had sex but weird sex with her. Regardless of hiden motivations by her or Sparty, his termination was not controversial.

Also, don't forget the insurance company. This woman will sue MSU. MSU is probably covered by an insurance company. MSU will not be covered if they don't take every reasonable effort to avoid or minimize their exposure. So, if they don't take decisive action, if any MSU employee gets caught down the road, they lawsuits will be for systemic indifference to a major Title IX and legal which will make them complicit. At least now, they can claim they had a rouge employee that they dealt with decisively. If not, they will be exposed for being complicit and not enforcing TItle IX, Michigan Laws and their Insurance carrier obligations.

I guess what he is saying is MSU violated the confidentiality of the investigation. how? By firing him because it went public? Who cares? I guess he sues them for that. However as I understand it, MSU did not leak it, Tracy did. He can't prove they fired him because it went public and they never rendered a decision to not fire him then reversed course so he does not know if they were headed toward firing him or not.

Also, he is saying a consensual affair does not rise to the level of being fired for cause and his point is they did nothing until it got leaked. He doesn't get to decide if he violated it or not, they do.

This is all posturing to get some of his contract money. There is no way he will get it all but now I wonder how much he can squeeze MSU for?

He is trying to create noise but at the end of the day he violated their "moral turpitude" code, no doubt about it. It does not natter that things sped up once it went public. It was not like they decided not to fire him then it went public and they fired him.

He has no good defense or "smoking gun" against them. It is clear he will fight this tooth and nail but in my opinion he has no case and should not get any money left on that contract.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT