ADVERTISEMENT

Trustee nominations

tk819

May 14, 2014
The end of the nomination phase for the Trustee election is fast approaching. Candidates must have 250 nominations on file by February 25. Ideally, all the current candidates will make it to the ballot so we have more time to assess their qualifications, understand their positions on key issues, and gauge how they will represent a different perspective than currently exists on the Board. You can request a nomination form by calling votenet 1-866-307-0041 if it isn't in your email.

Laurie A. Stanell, 1980, deserves to be on the ballot. She is a warrior and will be a strong advocate for changes in governance. As a very successful dentist in private practice and years of active involvement and volunteering at Penn State, she has a different set of skills and experiences than current trustees. I would like to hear more from her

Reactions: Nitwit
The end of the nomination phase for the Trustee election is fast approaching. Candidates must have 250 nominations on file by February 25. Ideally, all the current candidates will make it to the ballot so we have more time to assess their qualifications, understand their positions on key issues, and gauge how they will represent a different perspective than currently exists on the Board. You can request a nomination form by calling votenet 1-866-307-0041 if it isn't in your email.

Laurie A. Stanell, 1980, deserves to be on the ballot. She is a warrior and will be a strong advocate for changes in governance. As a very successful dentist in private practice and years of active involvement and volunteering at Penn State, she has a different set of skills and experiences than current trustees. I would like to hear more from her
Her being a dentist is a plus. She would not just be filling

if any of you have not submitted a nomination, please do it now. i understand she's still about 50 light. act now1.

Reactions: Mary QBA
Her being a dentist is a plus. She would not just be filling
This is embarrasing. My post was intended to be a number of lines about her being a trustee and a dentist. Stuff like getting rid of the decay in the current administration, extracting concessions from the Old Guard...you get the idea. Anyway, I was very tired and I fell asleep in my recliner in mid sentence "not just be filling"..... and woke up over 2 hours later. Geeze, Zenophile and Midnighter even gave me likes, probably because my falling asleep line made more sense than those made when I am fully awake. :) Anyway, I guess I need to get more rest.:D

Last edited:

She's posted here in the past with a bunch of generalities, no specifics, and mention of Success with Honor. In other words, no substance at all, but gets a pass from JoeBots for throwing in Success with Honor.

Reactions: michnittlion
Laurie deserves to be on the ballot. Let's get her on so we can compare her record of action to the rest of the candidates. Nominations end tomorrow, Saturday February 24th, and your alumni ballot should be in your inbox. Unless your server is flagging everything from Penn State as spam.

Laurie deserves to be on the ballot. Let's get her on so we can compare her record of action to the rest of the candidates. Nominations end tomorrow, Saturday February 24th, and your alumni ballot should be in your inbox. Unless your server is flagging everything from Penn State as spam.
I agree. Let's get her on the ballot and then hear what she has to say in greater detail.

This is embarrasing. My post was intended to be a number of lines about her being a trustee and a dentist. Stuff like getting rid of the decay in the current administration, extracting concessions from the Old Guard...you get the idea. Anyway, I was very tired and I fell asleep in my recliner in mid sentence "not just filling"..... and woke up over 2 hours later. Geeze, Zenophile and Midnighter even gave me likes, probably because my falling asleep line made more sense than those made when I am fully awake. :) Anyway, I guess I need to get more rest.:D
I believe in the ultimate rule of men who are sleeping.

I would love to hear why Barry Fenchak shouldn’t be nominated? He’s put more information out on issues facing the university than any three individuals put together. Hell sone of the existing trustees use his information as it is.

I am just curious to see why someone with so much passion so much information hasn’t been considered.

Reactions: Aloha T
I would love to hear why Barry Fenchak shouldn’t be nominated? He’s put more information out on issues facing the university than any three individuals put together. Hell sone of the existing trustees use his information as it is.

I am just curious to see why someone with so much passion so much information hasn’t been considered.

Perhaps because he acts like a spoiled child and so when he makes a good point it is lost in all the histrionics?

Reactions: Nitwit
I believe in the ultimate rule of men who are sleeping.

If all held your opinion, I would be king.

king-3408.gif

The more candidates on the ballot, the more vigorous the debate during the election process. I want to hear details about all candidates' points of view and their plans for making an impact, as limited as that may be. I want the incumbents to be under pressure to list their accomplishments and reasons for their decisions - not just passively sit back and be anointed for another term. Make all the candidates convince us that we aren't electing go-along-to-get-along alumni trustees. It would be a shame if alums are too busy to make sure there are plenty of solid challengers on the ballot, Today is the day

Perhaps because he acts like a spoiled child and so when he makes a good point it is lost in all the histrionics?
Barry is a bright enough guy but I agree that his manner will make him totally ineffective as a board member. He is very good at criticizing (choosing convenient but often flawed statistics to make his point) and making personal attacks, but offering productive solutions - not so much. Calling Sandy a dumb shit is not what we need on the board. He would be ostracized if elected and totally ineffectual. He once spoke to the Board at a BOT meeting and suggested they needed an enema. Funny stuff surely and some passionate supporters may enjoy his colorful and abrasive manner, but that isn’t the way to get positive change happening. No one would take him seriously, nor should they. We need members with more tact and professionalism who know how to work with people in complex organizations, and who can garner political support for reform, build a consensus among the board members on important issues, forming alliances when required, and even compromising when needed for practical purposes. Barry comes off as a raging lunatic. In fact he will probably now attack me personally as a result of this post. He has no self control.

Last edited:

So if I hear you correctly... you care about presentation more than content. Have you ever taken the time to read what he writes or to watch his videos addressing specific issues... or are you worried about his tabs on bwi-mcandrew board?

Reactions: Agoodnap
She's posted here in the past with a bunch of generalities, no specifics, and mention of Success with Honor. In other words, no substance at all, but gets a pass from JoeBots for throwing in Success with Honor.
Why aren’t you running? It would seem the BOT could benefit from someone who purports to have all the answers.

Last edited:
The truth - though it may make a lot of people uncomfortable - or even pissed off - is that if there is any hope for Penn State's Governance...... there is no one more likely to push things in that direction than I am.
Nine folks who were like-minded, intelligent, had some balls, and - most importantly - were committed to providing RIGHTEOUS GOVERNANCE FOR PENN STATE (as opposed to being self-serving scumbags) would / could / should make a difference (or at least maximize the possibilities).

That will be tough for a lot of folks to swallow - but its the truth.... and the last six f&cking years are proof enough of that.

Meanwhile, I have certainly reached a stage in life - at least where PSU governance issues are involved - where I have zero concern for the adamantly ignorant or stupid. Saves a little wasted effort that way ;)
Funny - I don't see any of those folks when I am at the meetings, researching, writing and speaking about actual governance issues, or holding those Scoundrels, like Dambly and Barron - who are pimping out MY University - accountable.

Now, if only some of those nit-wits would be a man of their word o_O
I rest my case.

So if I hear you correctly... you care about presentation more than content. Have you ever taken the time to read what he writes or to watch his videos addressing specific issues... or are you worried about his tabs on bwi-mcandrew board?

I want smart people who conduct themselves with class. People who curse a lot like Barry need not apply

Reactions: Nitwit and Mary QBA
Have you all nominated challengers to the incumbents? Are you satisfied having all three re-elected, or even two since Brandon Short will give them a strong challenge? Do you want to hear a real debate about what realistically can be done to change the status quo? Let's get more candidates on the ballot. If you don't have a nomination form, you must request one by 5:00 TODAY by calling 1-866-307-0041. The deadline for submitting nominations is Sunday at 5:00 pm.

Laurie Stanell '80 is only a tiny handful short of the needed nominations. What a shame if she misses getting on the ballot. I want to hear more from her.

Reactions: Mary QBA
Have you all nominated challengers to the incumbents? Are you satisfied having all three re-elected, or even two since Brandon Short will give them a strong challenge? Do you want to hear a real debate about what realistically can be done to change the status quo? Let's get more candidates on the ballot. If you don't have a nomination form, you must request one by 5:00 TODAY by calling 1-866-307-0041. The deadline for submitting nominations is Sunday at 5:00 pm.

Laurie Stanell '80 is only a tiny handful short of the needed nominations. What a shame if she misses getting on the ballot. I want to hear more from her.

Apparently, no one is answering the votenet phone number; go to trustees.psu.edu and scroll down to "request a ballot"

Voting for 9 of 30+ is a major waste of time! Ever hear of pissing into the wind?
The board is too small.....needs to be about 125 cronies!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT