Trump paid somebody to take his SATs

Discussion in 'Test/Politics Board' started by CDW3333, Jul 7, 2020.

1. CDW3333

CDW3333 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Frankly, I don't believe this story because Trump never pays anybody. Headline should be,Trump stiffed guy who took his SATs for him.

Jason1743, IIVI, NJPSU and 7 others like this.
  2. Petch

Petch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow...2 separate threads on this. Maybe Paoli will be along soon to start a third.

3. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If true, i wish I would have thought about doing this. It would have made things a lot easier on my nerves.

gjbankos likes this.
  4. gjbankos

gjbankos Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I must have the other thread starter on ignore.

They clearly got their marching orders, didn't they? How sad.

WeR0206 and Sullivan like this.
  5. macdad25

macdad25 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Your a clown. Obama was affirmative action according you ‘conservatives’ . You were so angry he must have gotten into Harvard that way, right?
    Trump steals a spot at Fordham and UPenn and you say ‘great idea!’

5 macdad25, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Nittany Ned2 and LafayetteBear like this.
  6. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

Somebody needs to ask Trump is he knew a Joe Shapiro.

7. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

I thought it was six?

8. LafayetteBear

LafayetteBear Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, we know one thing for certain. The English comprehension part of your SAT score would have been much higher. :cool:

IIVI, CDW3333 and macdad25 like this.
  9. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Trumps father most likely

10. katchthis

katchthis Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So looking at the chosen one. Very little is known about Obama at Occidental and Columbia. It is known that he did not graduate with honors from Columbia, and yet got into Harvard Law. Obama apparently benefited from affirmative action to obtain his admission. Obama has not released his college transcripts. He has chosen to protect them and keep them private. If he was an academic rock star, why go through the trouble to hide it ?

Cosmos, bourbon n blues and WeR0206 like this.
  11. KnightWhoSaysNit

KnightWhoSaysNit Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Once again, people are moving the goal posts.

Trump wasn't elected for his morality. It was a protest vote against The Establishment in Washington. People knew that he took advantage of the system as a business man. People wanted him to take advantage of the global system to advantage Americans.

There is no moral choice for POTUS or just about any other elected position. The reason: Politics has become a career. It is not public service. It generally attracts people interested in power with huge egos. They want their name memorialized in some way.

This is true on both sides of the aisle, but I think the tendency is worse as one leans further to the left. Why? Because to be conservative means you want government to be smaller, with less tentacles on the public, less power. Power mongers want the opposite.

In Trump's case, being the POTUS feeds his enormous ego, but Biden's motives -- obviously wanting to be written within the history books and become memorialized after a long, unproductive career -- are no better.

Biden's corruption is just as bad as anything Trump has done. Here we have someone with not only a corrupt past that includes sexual harassment, but a person motivated to become POTUS while struggling with dementia. What kind of "public servant" would do that? ... Only one who's self interest comes first.

12. MtNittany

MtNittany Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Awww! Another fictional book to keep the nattering's here occupied.

This will surely be the end of PDJT....lol

13. LafayetteBear

Expand Collapse

Don’t you have some more Astroturf installations to botch up?

IIVI, macdad25 and Catch50 like this.
  14. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

You frickin' moron. You cast a vote for a stupid, inept, corrupt, malicious, dishonest traitor because you wanted to "protest" the establishment.

I can't think of more narcissistic act.

And 133,000+ COVID19 victims say, hi.

15. royboy

royboy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

@CDW3333 , of all people to virtue signal

glidresquirrel, Conemaugh and WeR0206 like this.
  16. KnightWhoSaysNit

Expand Collapse

You stupid moron ... you presume that because I gave a read on the election that I voted a certain way, and you would be wrong.

And what makes you think that all of the adjectives you used don't also describe Biden?

Once again, another person unable to apply logic.

17. royboy

royboy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh, don't you remember how CDW3333 and other Lefties have been outraged about Biden's plagiarism?

Flashback: Joe Biden's first presidential run in 1988 cratered amid multiple instances of plagiarism

https://www.businessinsider.com/plagiarism-scandal-joe-biden-first-presidential-run-1988-2019-3

ChiTownLion, WeR0206 and crazyivan77 like this.
  18. Op2

Op2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think the gist of that is correct. Even if it turns out that Trump did get someone to take his SAT for him, lots of people won't care because they already perceive the people at the top as regularly those kinds of things to enhance themselves at the expense of others.

A theme of Trump's presidency is that people don't like him reveal that he has done X, thinking it will hurt him, and it doesn't hurt him and the people don't like him are mystified why revealing he did X isn't hurting him. The reason is because all the elites do X and on top of that they add the layer of hypocrisy and say they're "serving" us or whatever.

Trump, for all his other faults, doesn't have that layer of hypocrisy. He's always been crude and indulgent and never pretended otherwise. The establishment OTOH has ALWAYS pretended otherwise while simultaneously being as crude and indulgent as Trump if not more so and THAT is exactly what pissed off people so much that they elected Trump in the first place. No matter what bad things are revealed about Trump, he's STILL better than the alternative in the eyes of many.

If COVID hadn't happened Trump would have won re-election and now he may not, but look at the alternative. Even aside from the cancel culture and social craziness, we have a guy that has been in politics almost 60 years and that may literally be losing his mind that is running to be POTUS. You couldn't make up a more ridiculous story about lust for power if you tried.

19. LaJolla Lion

LaJolla Lion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Would I be surprised if this were true...nope...do I really care either way....nope. He's an a-hole either way and always has been.

bkmtnittany1 likes this.
  20. Op2

Op2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

ETA to my previous post. The stuff from the past isn't the only example of this. A more current example is Me Too, which comes along and starts condemning men all over the place without regard to evidence, with a "Believe All Women" motto, and then suddenly they no longer care when the accusation is against Biden.

What we need desperately in this country and in our media too is STANDARDS that are EVENLY APPLIED.

glidresquirrel, Hotshoe and WeR0206 like this.
  21. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

I knew you'd say that but the rest of your lengthy post is 100% consistent with you casting a "protest" vote for a monster.

Own your malfeasance.

Catch50 and LafayetteBear like this.
  22. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

I know this is something you read in wingnut media but it's not what you think it is.

Biden cited Kinnock's speech every time except once in Iowa.

"After Biden withdrew from the race, it came to light that he had indeed correctly credited Kinnock on other occasions. However, in the Iowa speech that was recorded and distributed to reporters (with a parallel video of Kinnock) by aides to Michael Dukakis, the eventual nominee, he failed to do so. Dukakis, who disowned any knowledge of the Kinnock video, fired John Sasso, his campaign manager and long-time Chief of Staff, but Biden's campaign could not recover."

So Biden failing to credit Kinnock once after crediting him several times = Trump paying somebody to take his SATs for him.

Remarkable.

23. Thus Spoke Mainer

Thus Spoke Mainer Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

24. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

Can't you conceive that there are decent people in politics?

25. LafayetteBear

Expand Collapse

Pwnage. Mic drop. :cool:

Grove Lion likes this.
  26. Op2

Op2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think politics attracts people that generally speaking have an unhealthy lust for power. That said, there people are on a spectrum so some are more so and others less so.

But the longer you're in politics I think the more you lust for power you have even if you weren't as much that way in the first place. Having power makes you lust for more power and makes you less likely to want to give up power.

It has been a long, long time since I read The Lord of the Rings (I didn't watch the movies) and I recall that was moral of that. The hobbit had the ring that gave him power and his goal was to get rid of it because he knew a ring that gave people power was bad but at the same time, having the ring corrupted him and when the time came for him to throw the ring into the abyss, he couldn't do it. I can't even remember if he ended up throwing it in the abyss but what sticks with me all these years later is when he finally had a chance to do the right thing and give up his power, he couldn't do it.

I suspect things along the line of having people take your SATs for you is normal among people at the top. The recent college scandal about rich, famous people buying their kids into the college surprised no one. The Hollywood sex scandal, which had been going on for decades and was widely known in those circles, surprised no one when it was revealed and when there was no real reaction to it in the media other than to sacrifice a few scapegoats, it surprised no one again.

Those in power will do what they want. And power corrupts. And that's what people are reacting against.

27. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

English comprehension was never my problem as long as I didn’t have to deal with liberal logic Bear.

LafayetteBear likes this.
  28. KnightWhoSaysNit

Expand Collapse

You "knew I would say that?" Really? Now you're making crap up out of thin air on top of the crap that you posted.

Again, what "malfeasance?" Like so many I see on the left, you are making assumptions by association. That is wrong.

Be specific. What is my malfeasance?

On this board I've described myself as a conservative, actually more of a libertarian conservative. I've written many times that I don't like Trump, especially his lack of concern for fiscal balance.

Consistent with a libertarian, I do like that Trump does not see us as world policeman, something both mainstream parties embrace. He wants the world to pay us for their defense. He has tried to do that. Leftists have tried to use this against him even though they'll attack conservatives when they want to boost defense. Who's the hypocrite here?

I've also written that the policies of the Left would be worse for the country, because they don't take into account the issue of incentives and personal responsibility. You can look at that today -- where everyone, regardless of need, is optimizing their personal situation based on the government's pandemic handout. Unless one is so wealthy that it doesn't matter, people act and vote their pocketbook. Period.

I think OP2's post above is spot on. Some people don't like Trump because he wears his beliefs without any filters. But the people who are far worse, more dangerous, are the ones you can't identify by what they show. Biden is without doubt one of those people. Enough has leaked out to show that he is no better than Trump from a moral perspective, probably worse.

29. bdgan

bdgan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think he paid Russians to take the test for him.

MtNittany likes this.
  30. CDW3333

Expand Collapse

No, the Russians paid Trump.

Keep it straight.

macdad25 likes this.
  31. MtNittany

MtNittany Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

There will soon be some irrefutable proof that this never happened, and the idiots (like CDW) and the media (like don lemon) will simply forget all about the claim, and move onto something else.

glidresquirrel and WeR0206 like this.
  32. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t the court rule that Squirrel install turf on his front lawn because it never needs to be mowed?

33. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

‘I’m a Trump enabler’ signed, you.

34. KnightWhoSaysNit

Expand Collapse

Yep, this is what politically motivated people do rather than own up to a mistake, or worse, own up to the corruption of their schemes.

CDW, for example, is not going to address his "malfeasance" claim, because he can't. I've done nothing to warrant such a claim. He will move on. That is what they do. Fire shots and then jump into a different fox hole.

Malfeasance: noun, wrong doing, especially by a public official.

If CDW is blaming me for Trump's malfeasance, or any other public official, then he has adopted the notion of guilt by an extremely loose association. It is like saying that one cannot like chocolate if a killer also likes chocolate. Because Trump wants to enforce borders, and I like the idea of enforcing borders, it must then follow that I like Trump.

These extensions to reality are not only illogical, they are idiotic.

35. gjbankos

gjbankos Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. Someone needs to ask the President of the United States if he knew someone from 60 years ago.

You are a total waste.

WeR0206 likes this.
  36. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We now know why hates testing so much.

BoulderFish and LafayetteBear like this.
  37. The Spin Meister

The Spin Meister Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, the other choice was a bigger monster. Thanks for the great choice.

38. LionDeNittany

LionDeNittany Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Seems like it worked out for him. billionaire and now POTUS
    The left is against standardized testing, so I guess they view this as a good thing.

LdN

gjbankos and royboy like this.
  39. royboy

royboy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That distinguished White House press corps will be on this immediately, don't you think?

WeR0206 and gjbankos like this.
  40. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

‘See, Cheating Pays’. The new Republican bumper sticker. Good to see you ‘Trump conservatives’ have such lofty values. But get Obama’s transcripts.