ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer this week

Wick didn’t get into penn state. Cael is now mad at the administration. I prefer penn state wins the national tournament with what they have currently. They will do it!

Reactions: Str8DBLz
They can melt down all they want, nobody here bitched about Eierman transferring there.
Totally agree that we can't complain about transfers, but plenty of PSU fans bitched about Eierman (and Desanto and Lugo). Saw plenty of posts on here saying this year's title was cheap because they had transfers scoring big points.

If truly Wick didn't come to PSU because of not getting in academically that is a complete joke.. coming from one big 10 institution to another should have been easy to slide right in..
Did he not graduate? There’s the transfer of credit which only has meaning of he’s in the middle of an unfinished degree. Then there’s no admission to a grad program, which is entirely different.

If truly Wick didn't come to PSU because of not getting in academically that is a complete joke.. coming from one big 10 institution to another should have been easy to slide right in..

I find that very suspect. Cal Poly is very difficult to transfer into from out of state. If the credit issue was on the Penn State side, it must've been something along the lines of what El Jefe described.

Selectively deleting posts also increases your apparent accuracy.

It's so if he does go to Cal Poly he can claim he called it and didn't want to steal his thunder. If he goes to PSU he can claim he was just messing with PSU fans and that's why he deleted it so people wouldn't think it's true. He has no idea.

Weirdest saga ever ... allegedly, Evan really wanted to be a Lion. Don't know how he got into Cal Poly but not PSU but allegedly that is what happened.

No one can get in the head of a kid and know what drives them to their decision but man .. on the surface this is so one sided.. He goes to Poly and I think with lesser partners in the room, lesser coaching, lesser competition.. he lessens his chances at individual title and has no shot at team... where as he comes here, has the best practice partners in the country, some of the best coaching in the country and increases his shot drmatically at both team and individual title.. I just don't see how you choose the other course .. but as I said.. no understanding the thought process these kids have..

And I thought I was going to make Milena pasta...
giphy.gif

Evan had no issues with getting into PSU ... not enough credits were accepted by his department of choice

I'm choosing to blame Wisconsin. This is their fault.

Just kidding. Sometimes there are issues with credits transferring. It happens. If he's happy at Cal Poly, I'm happy for him.

Good for him and I wish him the best, but we’re still in the same spot we were in last night. We can still add in another transfer and fight for the title. I truly love this sport and all of the speculation that’s goes with it.

No one can get in the head of a kid and know what drives them to their decision but man .. on the surface this is so one sided.. He goes to Poly and I think with lesser partners in the room, lesser coaching, lesser competition.. he lessens his chances at individual title and has no shot at team... where as he comes here, has the best practice partners in the country, some of the best coaching in the country and increases his shot drmatically at both team and individual title.. I just don't see how you choose the other course .. but as I said.. no understanding the thought process these kids have..
Easy to say when not paying the bill.

If what's said above is true, he would have to repeat a significant number of courses at PSU. Which means he would need to remain at PSU beyond his wrestling eligibility, at non-resident prices.

Cal Poly estimated total cost per year = $27.2k. PSU = $51.4k per year.

If he needs an extra year at PSU, that's $75.6k more than he'd pay at Cal Poly.

Easy to say when not paying the bill.

If what's said above is true, he would have to repeat a significant number of courses at PSU. Which means he would need to remain at PSU beyond his wrestling eligibility, at non-resident prices.

Cal Poly estimated total cost per year = $27.2k. PSU = $51.4k per year.

If he needs an extra year at PSU, that's an extra $75.6k.
Plus, the training situation at Cal Poly is pretty good for him. He has an elite partner with Truax and his brother. Close to family. It sounds like his high school coach will be involved, who he chose to train with for most of this year when he could have trained anywhere.

I think he's been locked in on Cal Poly for a while and Cael swooped in late to make it interesting.

Reactions: El-Jefe
Stealing thunder since 2014… SMH. why does anyone trust this guy with info?
That’s the part I find really strange. Pat is clearly hooked in with people who regularly feed him information. My question: Why? Do these sources get a strange sense of gratification by sharing scoops or something? What purpose does it serve? It’s pretty bizarre if you think about it, especially when you consider the sources appear to be directly linked to the community (wrestlers, coaches or parents?).

Reactions: Village_Lion
Correct other than the last two years lol. Looking forward to a competitive team race this year.
Still plenty of options not only in the portal but some that are deciding whether to spend another year at school after this free year. Don’t count out a transfer yet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT