ADVERTISEMENT

Torrance Brown

grinagrin

Aug 25, 2001
Will he have one more year of eligibility left or does he get a medical redshirt for this year and have 2 more years left?

I would think he would have one more year, NCAA dose not hand out many 6th year for injury.
Sure could have used him Sickels and Reid the last two games.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I would think he would have one more year, NCAA dose not hand out many 6th year for injury.
Sure could have used him Sickels and Reid the last two games.

Yep, the only way to get a 6th year is to be injured at least 2 years. I don't believe Brown was injured when he redshirted as a Freshman.

Agree 100% about the 3 missing players on D. Particularly Sickels. He was a wrecking ball at DE last year against oh-high-ya......

DE is our weakest position on defense right now. But it is better with Givens there than it would have been had he not moved back outside. LB play is not setting the world on fire lately either. Particularly in pass coverage.

Sacks, hurries, interception, or knock downs are extremely important part of a good defense. USC, OSU, and MSU losses are directly related to our failure to defend in critical situations.

IF we had Brown, Bucholz (for the entire OSU game and MSU game), and Reid there is a damn good chance we are undefeated right now. No edge rush has killed the defense the last two games and that is what Brown and Bucholz would have given us. MSU picked the secondary apart and Reid would have been huge at locking down both OSU's and MSU's best receivers.

However, we really only needed Bates and Campbell to not get hurt and I think we keep OSU from pulling out the win... injuries have killed this team this season and last. We just don't have the quality depth... yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT