ADVERTISEMENT

Tonite's Game: Must Win for Michigan -OR-

Legion of Lions

Nov 16, 2011
Must Lose for PSU!

Expect the Referines to impose the Delany Directive here and make it close to impossible for Penn State to win. Expect the full bag of usual tricks to be used to insure that the Darling Program of the B1G comes out with a win - a win that insures Harbaugh keeps his job and PSU looks like the second class program that the B1G continuously promotes.

The key to reversing this is one way and ONLY one way --- MASSIVE scoring by Penn State. This minimizes the impact of the referines!

For that to happen, Penn Stat's offense needs to be MUCH more consistent and effective against Michigan's aggressive defense. Although i hope otherwise, we have yet to see consistent offensive output when an opposing defense has a pulse.

I believe that this offensive sputtering is all a result of our offensive "big play" focus and the coaching of our offensive line. We just can't seem to take what the defense gives us and scale down to a point where our play selections target consistent "10 yard touchdowns". This approach allows us to consistently move the sticks and allow much more than just field goals. Rapid strike plays are nice but normally require time to develop - we just have not shown that our offensive line can create the time for these types of plays to develop this year. Yet, we still run the same plays with the same limited results!

My belief is that our wide receivers are not like 2016 where they take what everyone else states as 50-50 balls and turn them into 95-5 PSU shock offensive plays and touchdowns. We have been missing consistent WR play (meaning high % completions) coupled with solid play selections is the reason.

Although I hope I am wrong....I am certain that what we saw last week at Iowa will look good when compared to tonite's officiating.

Too much B1G influence and too many Michigan PI calls missed and Michigan "by the neck"offensive holding calls ignored!

All adds up to a Penn State Can't Win game.

What’s the over/under on PSU TD’s called back for penalties this game ????

Must Lose for PSU!

Expect the Referines to impose the Delany Directive here and make it close to impossible for Penn State to win. Expect the full bag of usual tricks to be used to insure that the Darling Program of the B1G comes out with a win - a win that insures Harbaugh keeps his job and PSU looks like the second class program that the B1G continuously promotes.

The key to reversing this is one way and ONLY one way --- MASSIVE scoring by Penn State. This minimizes the impact of the referines!

For that to happen, Penn Stat's offense needs to be MUCH more consistent and effective against Michigan's aggressive defense. Although i hope otherwise, we have yet to see consistent offensive output when an opposing defense has a pulse.

I believe that this offensive sputtering is all a result of our offensive "big play" focus and the coaching of our offensive line. We just can't seem to take what the defense gives us and scale down to a point where our play selections target consistent "10 yard touchdowns". This approach allows us to consistently move the sticks and allow much more than just field goals. Rapid strike plays are nice but normally require time to develop - we just have not shown that our offensive line can create the time for these types of plays to develop this year. Yet, we still run the same plays with the same limited results!

My belief is that our wide receivers are not like 2016 where they take what everyone else states as 50-50 balls and turn them into 95-5 PSU shock offensive plays and touchdowns. We have been missing consistent WR play (meaning high % completions) coupled with solid play selections is the reason.

Although I hope I am wrong....I am certain that what we saw last week at Iowa will look good when compared to tonite's officiating.

Too much B1G influence and too many Michigan PI calls missed and Michigan "by the neck"offensive holding calls ignored!

If what you say is true, there is absolutely no reason to play the game tonight. Just forfeit, stay healthy and move on to beat MSU,Minny,Indy and Rutgres....get a nice bowl bid and finish in the bottom 5 of the top 10. No sense watching tonight! LOL

All the media types saying it is a must win for Cheatagain since they lost to Wisconsin and lost to Florida in bowl game and O$U. I don’t see it that way at all. Franklin needs this way more if nothing else due to the record against the triple schools of evil in the Big Ten East.

Must Lose for PSU!

Reactions: Hotshoe
If what you say is true, there is absolutely no reason to play the game tonight. Just forfeit, stay healthy and move on to beat MSU,Minny,Indy and Rutgres....get a nice bowl bid and finish in the bottom 5 of the top 10. No sense watching tonight! LOL
Yeah, talk about drama. Sounds like whining. We didn't even throw deep against Iowa and ran 51 times. Not sure what team he's watching. The O line has been quite good. We're not quite clicking because we're not making easy plays at certain times. Like key dropped passes.

Certainly a must win for Michigan. A loss would essentially kill their conference title hopes and relegate them back to what has been their typical third place finish in the B1G East. They would need a slew of upsets to get to the CCG. If Penn State does in fact win the game, I'd love to see the odds of Michigan winning the division.

There are people you would want beside you when the going is tough and people you wouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT