ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow Feb 1

That has changed. Metchie is now back to being recruited for 2019.

Basically down to Walker and Enis. Could throw in a possible suprice (just my thoughts) if one of them decide to go elsewhere, but likely its Walker and Enis or Bust.

SAB is probably not going to qualify. Think a few sources have touched on this, but he will either end up at WVU (have read elsewhere, do not remember the source, that he will probably not qualify here either), Prep, or Juco.

SAB is probably not going to qualify. Think a few sources have touched on this, but he will either end up at WVU (have read elsewhere, do not remember the source, that he will probably not qualify here either), Prep, or Juco.
That’s too bad because in addition to being a great prospect, he also was a great ambassador for this class...did a lot of recruiting amongst his peers (esp Parsons). Obviously, hope to see him in B&W, but regardless, wish him success wherever he ends up.

Walker..probably to psu
Enis....sounds like trending in wrong direction
Butts....see Enis
Surprise....i think if Walker commits to PSU, that will be it. PSU already over the 85 limit so taking somebody late is just going to mean having to run somebody off come end of semester, plus 2019 PSU is in on a ton of high end recruits.

Basically down to Walker and Enis. Could throw in a possible suprice (just my thoughts) if one of them decide to go elsewhere, but likely its Walker and Enis or Bust.

qualifying is an NCAA thing not per institution...so if he can't qualify here he isn't qualifying at WVU.

If he goes to WVU as a non-qualfier, he or his family have to pay the freight for, at least, the first year. That's about $38k for out-of-state.

Prep school isn't the option it once was. Kid either needs to add/replace one core course or achieve a qualifying test score. JUCO is a two-year stay (which can be done so that a kid only misses one season if he hauls ass)..

Qualifying per the NCAA and being accepted by a school are different hurdles a recruit must pass.
Likely, PSU is asking for more than WVU.

Reactions: Cpeplion
qualifying is an NCAA thing not per institution...so if he can't qualify here he isn't qualifying at WVU.

You may be correct, but I have read that in multiple locations that he could get into WVU vs PSU. I honestly have no idea on this, just stating what I have read

Reactions: Cpeplion
You may be correct, but I have read that in multiple locations that he could get into WVU vs PSU. I honestly have no idea on this, just stating what I have read

that may also be true but getting into the university is different than qualifying to play. So he may get into WVU but qualifying is still an NCAA thing.

To get a scholarship, practice and compete in their first year, incoming freshmen must meet a series of academic requirements, including:

• Complete 16 core courses, 10 of which must be completed before the beginning of senior year of high school. Of the 10 core courses, seven must be in English, math or science.
  • Earn a 2.3 grade-point average in the 16 core courses.
  • Meet the sliding scale requirement of GPA and test score (ACT or SAT).
  • Graduate from high school.
To get a scholarship and practice in the first year, incoming freshmen must:

• Complete 16 core courses
  • Earn a 2.0 GPA in the 16 core courses
  • Meet the sliding scale requirement of GPA and test score (ACT or SAT).
  • Graduate from high school.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
Being somewhat facetious.....
But, until Saban retires, does any of this matter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT