ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brands Rant

I have never heard the terms “nit” or “ninny”. I would have thought it was some form of “nittany”. However, “nittany” doesn’t seem to make sense in this context.
I searched and found this:

Nit - noun – A person who lacks good sense or judgment.
Usage example: stop being such a great nit and listen to what I have to say
Ninny and nit are semantically related. In some cases you can use "Ninny" instead a noun"Nit".

Ninny - noun – A person who lacks good sense or judgment.

Usage example: only a ninny would try to cross a swollen, raging river

Last edited:
Reactions: Creek Side
"These are very, very smart people. And they're patient with us." Good to see him recognize it. Yes. Very, very smart people have to be patient with those who are not (and who are a little unhinged, too). 🤣

I have never heard the terms “nit” or “ninny”. I would have thought it was some form of “nittany”. However, “nittany” doesn’t seem to make sense in this context.
I searched and found this:

Nit - noun – A person who lacks good sense or judgment.
Usage example: stop being such a great nit and listen to what I have to say
Ninny and nit are semantically related. In some cases you can use "Ninny" instead a noun"Nit".

Ninny - noun – A person who lacks good sense or judgment.

Usage example: only a ninny would try to cross a swollen, raging river

The guy hates Elf. Who in their right mind hates Elf???
giphy.gif

Reactions: dicemen99
Not sure who was claiming the Hawks are Ducks, at least this year. However, Brands' refusal to bring his team to State College in non Big10 schedule years has most certainly been Iowa ducking an asskicking on BTN TV.

Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I get the impression he's referring to Iowa State.

When he says "we have a policy that we can't wrestle anyone outside the Big Ten until the national Tournament, so how are we ducking people?"

To me that eliminates any propaganda coming from within the conference. He is just frustrated with the Big Ten dragging their feet which he thinks leaves Iowa open to criticism from ninnies in other conferences ... JMHO.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I get the impression he's referring to Iowa State.

When he says "we have a policy that we can't wrestle anyone outside the Big Ten until the national Tournament, so how are we ducking people?"

To me that eliminates any propaganda coming from within the conference. He is just frustrated with the Big Ten dragging their feet which he thinks leaves Iowa open to criticism from ninnies in other conferences ... JMHO.
But he also says this is because of a seed planted by the nins (whatever he says) previously which casts the Big Ten in a bad light. At least something to that effect.

But he also says this is because of a seed planted by the nins (whatever he says) previously which casts the Big Ten in a bad light. At least something to that effect.

Yeah, reading tea leaves isn't easy on this one. He started out criticizing the Big Ten for not taking the lead, then circled around and seemed to relieved them from blame.

To me the 'Nit' reference was more a Freudian Slip, since the Lions are always on the back of his mind.

I wish I disliked the Brand's bros more. His entertainment value alone prevents that. So much easier when you hate the "enemy". He must have learned that random intensity outburst from Gable. I'd think the only teams that make sense as being the Ninny's are ISU or OSU in that scenario.

Tom Brands is a straight shooter, he doesn't coddle his wrestlers (look at how he handled ADS' default last year) or give the media PC soundbites if he doesn't believe them. I'll always respect that.

Bingo!

Reactions: Reslo and slicone
Always like his pressers. He just does not have a filter. That is both his best asset at times and his worst downfall at others. I would love to have a beer with the dude (and not piss him off).

Love this dudes interviews. Crazy af but at least he's passionate. He's definitely right on with getting to the NCAA championships then getting to the Olympics. There is no try.

When he says Ninny, it's not the first time I've heard him say it, and I've only listened to three interviews, he's not talking about penn state lol. A ninny is a foolish person, a dumbass. So maybe he is speaking to a few of you I dunno.

Love this dudes interviews. Crazy af but at least he's passionate. He's definitely right on with getting to the NCAA championships then getting to the Olympics. There is no try.

When he says Ninny, it's not the first time I've heard him say it, and I've only listened to three interviews, he's not talking about penn state lol. A ninny is a foolish person, a dumbass. So maybe he is speaking to a few of you I dunno.
The empty can rattles the most

Always like his pressers. He just does not have a filter. That is both his best asset at times and his worst downfall at others. I would love to have a beer with the dude (and not piss him off).

He doesn't drink. I've been to the Iowa Camps. He'll serve you beer at the coaches social, hang out and tell stories. No drinking though.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Brands has passion needs reigned in at times. Can’t fault him for being a raving lunatic at times when his mentor acted like an ass off bench at times

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
From the great poet, Yeats:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand . . ."

Sounds like it applies to contemporary America as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT