ADVERTISEMENT

Today was CJF’s best coaching job.....next week will be fascinating

In my internet warrior opinion I liked CV's play better than Cliffords. There was an extra snap to it. It seemed quicker. He got rid of the ball fast, and didn't seem to hang out to long before he took off. Like to see him the starter but doubt it happens. Just don't like seeing Cliff not 100% out there .

So today was pretty amazing. 35 guys sick all week, a walk on QB ran the offense in the last practice. Guys in and out all game. Putting in a QB that hasn’t taken a snap in two years. And gets a shut out, 28 point victory. Hell of a job by the entire staff.

A lot of questions. Did he put in all those new O linemen because the starters were ill and weak? Or did they just play poorly and needed replaced? Same with some d players? New receivers....others ill or because they practiced with Veilleux a lot and had better timing? Should he have made some of these changes earlier in the season?

Since some of these new guys played so well, who starts next week? Did they earn a start or is it just that Rutgers was a poor test for the new guys? Even if the old starters are back, will he make substitutions more quickly if one or more struggle against Sparty?

Next week will be fascinating to watch just to see. Who plays and who doesn’t.

Like PSU in this game - we have the #1 Scoring Defense in the b1g (#4 in the Nation) and MSU has the absolute worst Pass Defense in FBS (130th out of 130 FBS teams) giving up 340 Passing Yards per game (yes, MSU surrendering 340 Passing YPG that is not a typo). The next worst Pass Defense in FBS, NMSU, is giving up 306 Passing YPG.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
We are 7-4 (should be’s don’t count) and what I said is if we are excited about beating a dreadful Rutgers team we are in deep shit. Not sure why that was confusing to you
I don’t think many people on here are “excited” about beating Rutgers, but rather “ excited” about the play of some younger players. But hey, if you want to act like fan base was “excited” about beating Rutgers so it helps fit your narrative, go for it.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
We are 7-4 (should be’s don’t count) and what I said is if we are excited about beating a dreadful Rutgers team we are in deep shit. Not sure why that was confusing to you
Excitement is a relative term and there are two possible outcomes to each game. I am ecstatic relative to the alternative.

I don’t think many people on here are “excited” about beating Rutgers, but rather “ excited” about the play of some younger players. But hey, if you want to act like fan base was “excited” about beating Rutgers so it helps fit your narrative, go for it
Narrative? Are your thoughts your opinion or a “narrative”? So sensitive and weird

Excitement is a relative term and there are two possible outcomes to each game. I am ecstatic relative to the alternative.
Indeed. That would have been an extremely painful loss. We had some positives for sure. Just trying to temper my reaction because Rutgers was god awful yesterday. Their D actually had some energy but that O made me feel good about ours lol

I don’t get this thread title at all.
He had a bunch of sick players, and his QB got hurt.
How is that a great coaching job.

I don’t get this thread title at all.
He had a bunch of sick players, and his QB got hurt.
How is that a great coaching job.

Really? You don't get it? Or you don't want to get it?

Having that much of your roster unable to play and your backups not only ready to play, but to shut your opponent out 28-0, sounds like a pretty good coaching job by the entire staff.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Coaches err. They are in the arena, its competitive. If they win.....they are "right."
Bottom line there are what,65 power 5 football jobs in the entire nation? These coaches have decades of experience and are paid millions. There are tens of millions of keyboard coaches and they are paid nothing for their genius. But have fun.
There are thousands of coaches who have never advanced past the high school level. The only thing they have in common with those 65 P5 coaches is the football and field. The games and players they coach have nothing else in common (much like comparing the local club champ to a PGA Tour pro). Many of those high school coaches have the good sense not to profess otherwise. Those who don’t are every bit as delusional as the keyboard coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT