ADVERTISEMENT

Today 100th birthday of Leonard Bernstein.

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
Classic from West Side Story, noting weed, cross-dressing, "social diseases" among others.
And Larry David explains the final line "Krupe You"

Reactions: Nitwit
We didn't start the fire...something something something something LEONARD BERNSTEIN!

We didn't start the fire...something something something something LEONARD BERNSTEIN!

Was he mentioned in the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire?" I didn't know that but I know he was mentioned in the rapid-fire lyrics part of REM's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It."

Was he mentioned in the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire?" I didn't know that but I know he was mentioned in the rapid-fire lyrics part of REM's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It."
... Leonard Bernstein
Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs...

Lynyrd Skynyrd = Leonard Skinner, Van Zant’s high school gym teacher
just heard that that wasn't true. name came from a camp kid in the song Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Allen Sherman song - just saying what i heard on the radio

just heard that that wasn't true. name came from a camp kid in the song Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Allen Sherman song - just saying what i heard on the radio
Yes they have a new showtime documentary airing. Talks about how the name came about. It started from the song hello muddah. Then became a inside joke. And finally the gym teacher came into play. It’s worth watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT