ADVERTISEMENT

To all those that whine and cry about Michigan and Ohio State

walleye38

Jul 29, 2003
recruiting. They are doing nothing that is illegal. We should quit crying and go out and recruit as good as they do. You whiners are typical of todays society, expect everything for nothing , and are jealous of those who work had and have something.

I agree with you, that's why I think it's foolish to count on an commitment given before the season they are to sign, too much can change.

recruiting. They are doing nothing that is illegal. We should quit crying and go out and recruit as good as they do. You whiners are typical of todays society, expect everything for nothing , and are jealous of those who work had and have something.

What a load of crap. I hardly think Franklin is expecting everything for nothing, he and the staff are working their asses off and trying to do it the legal and ETHICAL way, which makes it more difficult when you're up against people who have no ethics. I suppose next you want PSU to lower their academic standards to sub-zero just because "those that are having success" do it. Calling someone out for unethical behavior is hardly whining and crying. God forbid football fans would like to see a level playing field when it comes to recruiting. And in case you haven't noticed, it's not just posters on this message board who are calling coaches out on this type of behavior, it's getting a lot of attention on sports programming and in newspapers and magazines.

What a load of crap. I hardly think Franklin is expecting everything for nothing, he and the staff are working their asses off and trying to do it the legal and ETHICAL way, which makes it more difficult when you're up against people who have no ethics. I suppose next you want PSU to lower their academic standards to sub-zero just because "those that are having success" do it. Calling someone out for unethical behavior is hardly whining and crying. God forbid football fans would like to see a level playing field when it comes to recruiting. And in case you haven't noticed, it's not just posters on this message board who are calling coaches out on this type of behavior, it's getting a lot of attention on sports programming and in newspapers and magazines.
This is a perfect example of the benefits of holding off on replying to an aggravating post because you know someone eventually will make your argument for you, and better than you could. Well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
So unethical is OK as long as it's not illegal?

Reactions: PrideoftheLion

Yea, lying to teenagers and their families and then further victimizing them by leaving them "hi and dry" when it best suits your own disgraceful self-interest (e.g., weeks before NSD) is the product of "working hard", not unethical practice? Oh yea, "churning and burning" returning scholarship players by throwing them off the train into the ditch to make as much room as possible for your massive over-signing is just wonderful "hard work" product??? LMFAO. Whatever you say bozo - even THIS ARTICLE written by a pro-Michigan website calls into question slime-bucket Jim's dubious tactics and ethics!

Oh, but never fear, the OP and the first response supporting his absurd drivel are "PSU Fans", not imposter scUM trolls solely here for the purpose of flaming and posting their absurd "excuse-making" agenda for slime-bucket Jim (e.g., scUM "fan boy" trolls). No, really they really are "PSU Fans", not scUM trolls and if you don't believe that, just ask the mods.....LMFAO!

Last edited:
Oh, but never fear, the OP and the first response supporting his absurd drivel are "PSU Fans", not imposer scUM trolls solely here for the purpose of flaming and posting their absurd "excuse-making" agenda for slime-bucket Jim (e.g., scUM "fan boy" trolls). No, really they really are "PSU Fans", not scUM trolls and if you don't believe that, just ask the mods.....LMFAO!
How old are you? Serious question.

Don't forget that 18 year old kids can be big fat liars too.

Huh? So you're saying that Swenson and Weaver really never had an Offer from slime-bucket Jim and their "Verbal Commitment" was never asked for with an "Offer" to reserve a scholarship as quid pro quo? Or are you saying that they "Decommitted", but never made it publicly known and slime-bucket Jimmy never, in fact, ever pulled his offer until the "kids" told him they decommitted and are now lying? I'm having real trouble deciphering your accusation against Swenson and Weaver - what is your accusation based on because THE FACTS OF THESE SITUATIONS clearly appear to INDICATE that it is slime-bucket Jimmy who is LYING and broke his words to these kids only weeks before NSD by pulling their scholarship reservations that he had previously guaranteed via his word and "Offer". Please point me to anything that suggest "the kids" are the "liars" (e.g., your clear accusation) in these well-documented situations over the past two weeks.

Oh, but never fear, the OP and the first response supporting his absurd drivel are "PSU Fans", not imposer scUM trolls solely here for the purpose of flaming and posting their absurd "excuse-making" agenda for slime-bucket Jim (e.g., scUM "fan boy" trolls). No, really they really are "PSU Fans", not scUM trolls and if you don't believe that, just ask the mods.....LMFAO!
Bushy I still agree with the OP. Anyone counting on someone before LOI day is just asking for disappointment. A kid that makes a commitment is still fair game for other schools. We think CJF is great when he 'flips' some kid, while JH is a scum bag for doing the same. I will say JH could have handled the kid that was committed for three years better, but so could that kid, something is missing in that story. JH could have just changed his offer to him to greyshirt, and let the kid make a decision, but if the kid can play, he should be able to find a home.

Reactions: keywest1
Huh? So you're saying that Swenson and Weaver really never had an Offer from slime-bucket Jim and their "Verbal Commitment" was never asked for with an "Offer" to reserve a scholarship as quid pro quo? Or are you saying that they "Decommitted", but never made it publicly known and slime-bucket Jimmy never, in fact, ever pulled his offer until the "kids" told him they decommitted and are now lying? I'm having real trouble deciphering your absurd accusation against Swenson and Weaver - what is your accusation based on because THE FACTS OF THESE SITUATIONS clearly appear to INDICATE that it is slime-bucket Jimmy who is LYING and broke his words to these kids only weeks before NSD by pulling their scholarship reservations that he had previously guaranteed via his word and "Offer". Please point me to anything that suggest "the kids" are the "liars" (e.g., your clear accusation) in these well-documented situations over the past two weeks. Real freaking nice, defending slime-bucket, zero-ethics, zero-integrity Jimmy with further defamation against these kids and their families, who have already been massively victimized by slime-bucket Jimmy - you scUM fans are real sleazeball douche-bags.

No, I'm saying a kid's 'word' or 'verbal commitment' isn't worth much these days. How's this for proof? Nordin commits, then de-commits. Diobate commits, then de-commits. Dwumfour commits, then de-commits. Hill commits, then de-commits. Penn State never pulled one of their scholarships. This has nothing to do with Harbaugh's antics, though we agree he's pure trash.

What unethical Behavior have Ohio State and Michigan done?

Bushy I still agree with the OP. Anyone counting on someone before LOI day is just asking for disappointment. A kid that makes a commitment is still fair game for other schools. We think CJF is great when he 'flips' some kid, while JH is a scum bag for doing the same. I will say JH could have handled the kid that was committed for three years better, but so could that kid, something is missing in that story. JH could have just changed his offer to him to greyshirt, and let the kid make a decision, but if the kid can play, he should be able to find a home.

I don't think he's being called out for flipping kids, it's for his tactics of getting early commitments then breaking off contact with the kid right before LOI day, and some other tactics that aren't ethical. These are also things he was criticized for while at Stanford, so it's not just PSU fans complaining about it.

What unethical Behavior have Ohio State and Michigan done?

If you don't know that, you haven't been reading this board for the last few days or listening to talk radio or reading articles on different sports venues. Dumping kids you previously offered, breaking off contact with them shortly before signing day, getting them to commit early only to pass on them for someone else late in the process, etc. Again, all stuff JH did at Stanford as well and was criticized there too.

I'm not sure why people are so shocked either. It's not like this crap hasn't been going on for like 60 years. I'm sure even the "ethical" schools have pulled a few fast ones to kids. It's going to take a few years and some winning to get to the same level as some of these schools. And quite frankly, its not like this class is terrible..... why worry so much about what other schools are doing, other than the fact that he's getting a good class!

I don't think he's being called out for flipping kids, it's for his tactics of getting early commitments then breaking off contact with the kid right before LOI day, and some other tactics that aren't ethical. These are also things he was criticized for while at Stanford, so it's not just PSU fans complaining about it.
what I know is this wont last for the long haul, and is actually good for PSU, as any kid we both recruit, If I am from PSU, that's the first thing I point out to them, JH has a proven record of not being a man of word. And that aint negative recruiting, imo.

Offering a kid a scholarship, having the kid commit, then pulling the offer two weeks before LOI day.
Running off players that don't contribute so he can sign players with more talent. You call that ethical?
Who has he run off?

Nothing illegal or unethical about it. The problem is the NCAA has allowed an uncontrolled recruiting process to exist for years. Why have just one LOI day? Why not have several periods where recruits can sign binding letters and other coaches have to back off? There is little loyalty displayed by recruits or coaches which makes the whole process FUBAR. This is one area where the NCAA can actually do some good.

Reactions: PrideoftheLion
No, I'm saying a kid's 'word' or 'verbal commitment' isn't worth much these days. How's this for proof? Nordin commits, then de-commits. Diobate commits, then de-commits. Dwumfour commits, then de-commits. Hill commits, then de-commits. Penn State never pulled one of their scholarships. This has nothing to do with Harbaugh's antics, though we agree he's pure trash.

More spin that is a complete STRAWMAN to your ACCUSATIONS which are intended to DEFAME Swenson and Weaver as well as their families! What does "Nordin" have to do with a HARD OFFER that scUM made to Swenson and Weaver for their corresponding "Verbal Commitment" to scUM? You undeniably claim that it is the kids that broke their word in regards to the scUM situations being discussed and you were asked what this ACCUSATION is based upon? You are very clearly wrong - it is MICHIGAN THAT BROKE ITS WORD TO BOTH OF THESE KIDS in regards to an OFFER that was made to them to gain their corresponding hard "Verbal Commitment" to scUM - what Michigan did here in BREAKING THEIR WORD AND OFFER is also commonly called LYING. IOW, Michigan is the party that LIED troll-boy, not "the kids" in the SPECIFIC SITUATIONS being discussed in the OP and which you have made FALSE ACCUSATIONS against "the kids" and their families.

Last edited:
More spin that is a complete STRAWMAN to your ACCUSATIONS which are intended to DEFAME Swenson and Weaver as well as their families! What does "Nordin" have to do with a HARD OFFER that scUM made to Swenson and Weaver for their corresponding "Verbal Commitment" to scUM? You undeniably claim that it is the kids that broke their word in regards to the scUM situations being discussed and you were asked what this ACCUSATION is based upon? You are very clearly wrong - it is MICHIGAN THAT BROKE ITS WORD TO BOTH OF THESE KIDS in regards to an OFFER that was made to them to gain their corresponding hard "Verbal Commitment" to scUM - what Michigan did here in BREAKING THEIR WORD AND OFFER is also commonly called LYING. IOW, Michigan is the party that LIED troll-boy, not "the kids" in the SPECIFIC SITUATIONS being discussed in the OP and which you have made FALSE ACCUSATIONS against "the kids" and their families.

I'm not talking about Swenson or Weaver.

That's yet to be determined. There is no way he can sign all the commits and stay under 85.
He has a history of running off kids at Stanford.
So he hasn't run off any kids at UM but you're going to question his ethics for doing so. Got it. You do realize that scholarships are guaranteed for 4 years, right?

Also, I know he pulled away from committed kids at Stanford but never heard him accused of pulling scholarships from players on the roster. Do you have any examples?

I'm not sure why people are so shocked either. It's not like this crap hasn't been going on for like 60 years. I'm sure even the "ethical" schools have pulled a few fast ones to kids. It's going to take a few years and some winning to get to the same level as some of these schools. And quite frankly, its not like this class is terrible..... why worry so much about what other schools are doing, other than the fact that he's getting a good class!

Offering a kid a scholarship, having the kid commit, then pulling the offer two weeks before LOI day.
Running off players that don't contribute so he can sign players with more talent......"Has been going on for 60 years"? Really? I call bull$hit troll-boy. Real nice, defending slime-bucket Jimmy lying and breaking his word to kids and otherwise acting in a dishonorable fashion at the direct expense of the parties being gravely victimized, "the kids" and their families? You should be so proud of yourself slime-bucket Jimmy scUM "fan-boy" troll - you're so awesomely cool, LMFAO!

So he hasn't run off any kids at UM but you're going to question his ethics for doing so. Got it. You do realize that scholarships are guaranteed for 4 years, right?

Also, I know he pulled away from committed kids at Stanford but never heard him accused of pulling scholarships from players on the roster. Do you have any examples?
There was an article posted several days ago that stated in his first year at Stanford 18 scholarship kids with eligibility left, left the program. Some left on their own some were run off.

I'm not talking about Swenson or Weaver you dumbshit.

Oh, but the OP that you made your response and false accusations in IS TALKING ABOUT SWENSON AND WEAVER. Relative to the TOPIC AT HAND AND BEING DISCUSSED VIA THE OP, it is MICHIGAN AND HARBAUGH who are DISHONORABLY breaking their WORD AND BOND to the KIDS, not your claim of the "kids lying" - IOW, it is MICHIGAN AND SLIME-BUCKET JIMMY that are acting DISHONORABLY and LYING to the kids, not the opposite in the ACTUAL TOPIC BEING DISCUSSED.

Oh, but the OP that you made your response and false accusations in IS TALKING ABOUT SWENSON AND WEAVER. Relative to the TOPIC AT HAND AND BEING DISCUSSED VIA THE OP, it is MICHIGAN AND HARBAUGH who are DISHONORABLY breaking their WORD AND BOND to the KIDS, not your claim of the "kids lying" - IOW, it is MICHIGAN AND SLIME-BUCKET JIMMY that are acting DISHONORABLY and LYING to the kids, not the opposite in the ACTUAL TOPIC BEING DISCUSSED.

It's part of the topic, but unrelated to those recruits, who are not mentioned by name by the OP. Get it?

umad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg

There was an article posted several days ago that stated in his first year at Stanford 18 scholarship kids with eligibility left, left the program. Some left on their own some were run off.

Most of the one's that "left on their own" (e.g., without complaining to the media) were 5th Year Sr's ASKED TO LEAVE and told their scholarships would not be renewed -- that is a form of being "run off" as most of the kids wanted to stay, but were told they were not wanted....that's hardly what I would call "left on their own". Essentially, even giving slime-bucket Jimmy these cases as "left on their own" (5th year players not invited back), he still had a ton of "run offs" (e.g., returning non-5th year players with eligibility that were told they were not wanted and to either convert to an academic scholarship through dubious means [and slime-bucket would support this conversion with bull$hit medical analysis] or go play somewhere else.

Last edited:
That article stated there were 18 decommitments. It said nothing about running off players who didn't contribute.

What have they done that is unethical?
I'm actually finding it hard to believe that you typed that.
Look, I will admit it's hard to blame them. Sabans over signing and kicking kids loose is well documented. If you want to keep up, you have to play the game. Also, to some extent the kids that decommit or flip don't help the situation.
But the way some of these kids get abandoned just before signing day and asked to move on when someone better comes along. ...Just. Plain. Wrong.

This is athetics. If you're good enough, you make the team. If not, why should the team be forced to keep you?

Kids decommit. Kids leave early to turn pro. This is a tough "profession" where coaches use the kids and the kids use the school. Everybody knows it.

Bottom line: If you're good enough you make the team. If not, why should you take a scholarship that can be applied to someone more deserving?

It's part of the topic, but unrelated to those recruits, who are not mentioned by name by the OP. Get it?

umad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg

No, what I "get" is that Michigan and Slime-Bucket Jimmy are clearly the parties who have LIED TO THE KIDS on all of the situations that have come to the fore and being discussed in the media as well as the OP......it is not the kids lying to Michigan and Slime-Bucket Jimmy.

Most of the one's that "left on their own" (e.g., without complaining to the media) were ASKED TO LEAVE and told their scholarships would not be renewed -- that is a form of being "run off" as most of the kids wanted to stay, but were told they were not wanted....that's hardly what I would call "left on their own". Essentially, even giving slime-bucket Jimmy these cases as "left on their own" (5th year players not invited back), he still had a ton of "run offs" (e.g., returning non-5th year players with eligibility that were told they were not wanted and to either convert to an academic scholarship through dubious means [and slime-bucket would support this conversion with bull$hit medical analysis] or go play somewhere else.
The article, which you linked, regarding 18 Stanford players was about decommitments, NOT current scholarship players.

Please excuse this dinosaur, but I think it is people who think like you who epitomize precisely what is wrong with today's society. I was raised with the expectation that you are to act ethically and were only as good as your word. However, apparently bending or breaking the rules, reneging on commitments, lying, etc. is okay as long as the end result is "success" in your mind. None of that has anything to do with hard work or jealousy.

This is athetics. If you're good enough, you make the team. If not, why should the team be forced to keep you?

Kids decommit. Kids leave early to turn pro. This is a tough "profession" where coaches use the kids and the kids use the school. Everybody knows it.

Bottom line: If you're good enough you make the team.

Really? That's your excuse for Michigan and Slime-Bucket Jimmy LYING to kids and their families and severely further victimizing them to his own benefit and disgraceful self-interest only weeks before NSD??? Laughable rationalization, defense and a COMPLETE STRAWMAN relative to Michigan's and Slime-bucket Jimmy's ACTUAL UNETHICAL AND DISHONORABLE BEHAVIOR, but nice try scUM "fan-boy" troll.

Bottom line: If you're good enough you make the team. If not, why should you take a scholarship that can be applied to someone more deserving?
Don't complain about the NCAA, it's people that think like you that are the problem with college football. Just win baby!

Is a scholarship more deserving of a kid who will play football for three years as a path to the NFL, or a kid who will graduate and use it as a path to a better life?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT