ADVERTISEMENT

Time to play Allar here on out

You mean like jj McCarthy this year in Columbus at the shoe? Go back to your Michigan board troll.
No, Michigan was smart and went to their stud young QB during their cupcake schedule to start the season to prepare him for today and future big games.

But there's no need not to give him an ideal situation
It doesn't even make sense not to
We agree that Purdue was the time to do it--now it's after Ohio State
Just like Pickett should have started against Cincinnati then since Tomlin's an idiot he needed to wait until after the bye week
You never put a QB in a position to fail.
It's all moot anyway--there's no chance barring injury Allar starts the next two games
Why do you assume there is an ideal situation? There isn’t. Get on the field

No. After ohio state. Give Allar some time next week. Clifford is thrown to the wolves against OSU. Allar finishes the season as a tune up for next year. No need to ruin his confidence or get him hurt against OSU.
I don’t think Allar is the type of kid who will lose confidence regardless.

Yes just give up on the season. You guys are pathetic. Did we give up in 2016 vs OSU at home despite being huge underdogs?
What I'm saying is play Clifford against OSU - if he's healthy. He will have to make quick decisions with the way OSU brings it against the QB and that does not suit a true freshman QB well

When your rb combine for 42 yards and you give up over 300 rushing yards it’sa recipe for disaster. QB play was horrible but they are 4th on my list of squads. And Franklin is the worst of all. Look at his record after byes. Look at his record vs top 25 on the road. Another frustrating year. Hoping Allar doesn’t get cold feet and portal out. Things aren’t changing.

Reactions: BucksLion52
What I'm saying is play Clifford against OSU - if he's healthy. He will have to make quick decisions with the way OSU brings it against the QB and that does not suit a true freshman QB well
Its amazing how you guys dont see how ****ing awful Clifford is. Hes absolutely a horrific QB.

If someone wants to convince Levis to come back tomorrow great but Allar isn't our savior in 2022.

Its amazing how you guys dont see how ****ing awful Clifford is. Hes absolutely a horrific QB.
I like Allar's arm and physical tools over Clifford. What I'm saying - and listen close here - is that OSU makes the QB make super quick decisions and would - more than likely - confuse a youngster like Allar. Clifford has seen a lot more than Allar. IT'S NOT THAT HARD

I like Allar's arm and physical tools over Clifford. What I'm saying - and listen close here - is that OSU makes the QB make super quick decisions and would - more than likely - confuse a youngster like Allar. Clifford has seen a lot more than Allar. IT'S NOT THAT HARD
Did you watch Allar today? He was playing in slow motion and was nowhere near his receivers with the ball. You are correct.

It's about the lines, not qb.

Did you watch Allar today? He was playing in slow motion and was nowhere near his receivers with the ball. You are correct.

It's about the lines, not qb.
No argument here. My comments are not shots against Allar but like you said, his protection. And believe me - I've seen them play multiple times - OSU will flat out bring it against him every play. That's a totally different OSU defense than 2020 and 2021.

The best question of all that nobody has mentioned is this staffs inability to develop quarterbacks. How many 4 star failures do we need? Franklin needs to develop Allar. That worthless bum CJF

QB is not your biggest problem. Your OL, and especially DL and LBs are - it was obvious today. Go back and watch Michigan's games against Maryland, Iowa, and Indiana and concentrate on the LOS. You'll see they stacked up OK against Michigan
43 and 0 are terrible. 23 and 11 are good and would be better under a competent coach.

43 and 0 are terrible. 23 and 11 are good and would be better under a competent coach.
The linebacker play is the worst I've seen since 2001...and those of us who remember Dave Benfatti and Tom Williams will testify.

Your defense reminds me of those horrible OSU defenses of 2020 and 2021. The problem - OSU could really move the ball on offense which would cover up their defensive shortcomings in most games

QB is not your biggest problem. Your OL, and especially DL and LBs are - it was obvious today. Go back and watch Michigan's games against Maryland, Iowa, and Indiana and concentrate on the LOS. You'll see they stacked up OK against Michigan
THIS ^^^^. Clifford is never gonna make anyone forget McSorley, much less Blackledge, but he played decently today. Particularly for a QB who was under pretty continual pressure. The Lions' OL got punked. The Lions' DL was a bit better, but not much, and the LB's either got blocked or were out of position (whether from biting on misdirection or picking bad angles) on a lot of plays.

THIS ^^^^. Clifford is never gonna make anyone forget McSorley, much less Blackledge, but he played decently today. Particularly for a QB who was under pretty continual pressure. The Lions' OL got punked. The Lions' DL was a bit better, but not much, and the LB's either got blocked or were out of position (whether from biting on misdirection or picking bad angles) on a lot of plays.
Yes 7/19, great #s.

Honestly, this thread is like discussing the QB with the Steelers--people are just so excited believing the backup is going to fix things that they're ignoring the long term impact.

Morgan is out for Minnesota. We should win that game if I was playing QB.
We aren't beating Ohio State if Peyton Manning in his prime was our QB
Allar can start 4 games and a bowl game after our second loss and Franklin can stop pretending we're contenders.

Honestly, this thread is like discussing the QB with the Steelers--people are just so excited believing the backup is going to fix things that they're ignoring the long term impact.

Morgan is out for Minnesota. We should win that game if I was playing QB.
We aren't beating Ohio State if Peyton Manning in his prime was our QB
Allar can start 4 games and a bowl game after our second loss and Franklin can stop pretending we're contenders.
I'm not going to just give up vs Ohio State no matter how low our odds are.

I'm not going to just give up vs Ohio State no matter how low our odds are.

But Allar doesn't give us a better chance to win this year. It's illogical. It's just fantasy
I can't want to see Allar either but I'm also aware of the big picture
I just don't know what you think Allar changes at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT