ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the Letterman (Franco!)...

How much did they come up with to pay the “victims?”

With the program in disarray and spiraling to last place in Big10, could end up costing more to keep CJF.

Just imagine if PSU could secure a coach like a Rhule who could take advantage of and optimize PSU’s talent pool?

Does Rhule walk on water, heal the sick, make the blind see?

Reactions: PSU&Trout
Yeah but that would be logical unlike the knee jerk posts from the haters.
I love the fact that anyone who advocates change is labeled a hater.

Obviously it is a crazy season. But why does Franklin get a pass? It’s not like PSU was victimized by a crazy upset or two. We have lost every single game. And PSU was favored in 4 of 5 games against teams that We have quit in several games. And to top it off, we have acted like first class jack a$$es in every game. And it is actually getting progressively worse.

Disgraceful! It’s time...

Reactions: dnit and richie83
I love the fact that anyone who advocates change is labeled a hater.

Obviously it is a crazy season. But why does Franklin get a pass? It’s not like PSU was victimized by a crazy upset or two. We have lost every single game. And PSU was favored in 4 of 5 games against teams that We have quit in several games. And to top it off, we have acted like first class jack a$$es in every game. And it is actually getting progressively worse.

Disgraceful! It’s time...

Who said Franklin gets a pass? There’s a huge difference between criticizing him and calling for his firing especially given his track record and this crazy season.

Reactions: OhioLion
How much did they come up with to pay the “victims?”

With the program in disarray and spiraling to last place in Big10, could end up costing more to keep CJF.

Just imagine if PSU could secure a coach like a Rhule who could take advantage of and optimize PSU’s talent pool?

Believe the total was around $110mm. Came from tuition, no matter how the clowns spun it. Any money the Athletic Department loses will come from the same source.

Forget about Rhule. He ain't coming.

Believe the total was around $110mm. Came from tuition, no matter how the clowns spun it. Any money the Athletic Department loses will come from the same source.

Yes...I think that ship has passed...at least for a few years...

Who said Franklin gets a pass? There’s a huge difference between criticizing him and calling for his firing especially given his track record and this crazy season.
Fair enough.

You can count me in the camp that Franklin must go (and equally as important, Sandy must go). Not so much because of the losses but how the team is behaving (like quitters and hooligans). To me that is a sign of the pint of no return.

It is time.

I was on a zoom meeting with several football alums last week as part of the football excellence fund. I can assure you those former players, several who played in the NFL, are still supporting the team and coach Franklin.

As they should be...good to hear!

...to step forward and demand change. These results must be embarrassing to them?!! Sandy must go too.

Alumns should do same with Barron...a laughable excuse for a leader!
Yow! Why would you think this would get any traction?

Ok JoeBot. I’m glad you know more about the budget of Penn State than everyone else who has said they are separate budgets.

Going to be swallowing a whole lot more cash when ticket sales plummet.

We are not the first program to need to fire a coach in an untimely way. And we will not be the last.

It is time.
Yep. I bet Beaver Stadium will have 100 people in it post-Covid because of this season...

Ok JoeBot. I’m glad you know more about the budget of Penn State than everyone else who has said they are separate budgets.

The money paid to the Sandusky claimants didn't come from the Athletic Department. The University forked it over.

The Athletic Department does have a separate budget. So does each school and academic department at PSU. And like those organizations, the Athletic Department is not a separate legal entity. Thus, it cannot borrow of its own accord. If it has a cash shortfall, it borrows from the University. If it cannot repay what it borrows, the money ultimately comes from tuition.

Now go back to skull-fvcking yourself.

Reactions: step.eng69
The money paid to the Sandusky claimants didn't come from the Athletic Department. The University forked it over.

The Athletic Department does have a separate budget. So does each school and academic department at PSU. And like those organizations, the Athletic Department is not a separate legal entity. Thus, it cannot borrow of its own accord. If it has a cash shortfall, it borrows from the University. If it cannot repay what it borrows, the money ultimately comes from tuition.

Now go back to skull-fvcking yourself.
Actually, it can borrow money. How do you think cost recovery units got through the spring and fall semesters? Sorry JoeBot, but you are wrong on this one. And when did anyone ever say that the loan to the Athletics department wouldn’t be paid back? Also, athletics paid $30 million of the $60 million fine. So it wasn’t tuition dollars boomer.

I love you by the way.

Actually, it can borrow money. How do you think Auxilliary and Business Services got through the Spring semester? Sorry JoeBot, but you are wrong on this one. And when did anyone ever say that the loan to the Athletics department wouldn’t be paid back? Also, athletics paid $30 million of the $60 million fine. So it wasn’t tuition dollars boomer.

I love you by the way.

The University borrows. Units of the University cannot borrow (from the outside) unless they are separately incorporated. The Athletic Department isn't.

Easy for a lamebrain like you to conflate the NCAA fine and the monies paid to claimants of abuse by Sandusky. Entirely different cash flow streams. The latter, totaling in the vicinity of $110mm, was paid entirely by the University.

Where did the Athletic Department get the money to pay it's portion of the NCAA fine? it didn't have cash on hand. It borrowed from the University and repaid it over time.

So what happens if the Athletic Department finds itself in a chronic deficit situation? It's not a novel concept. Look at Pitt. Look at Rutgers. Look at most schools at the FBS level. Don't assume that PSU is immune. Barbour has an unmatched record of getting athletic departments in the financial shitter.

Now go back to ramming that dildo into your eye socket, the only stimulation that meager mass of protoplasm floating around in your cranium gets.

Reactions: step.eng69
The University borrows. Units of the University cannot borrow (from the outside) unless they are separately incorporated. The Athletic Department isn't.

Easy for a lamebrain like you to conflate the NCAA fine and the monies paid to claimants of abuse by Sandusky. Entirely different cash flow streams. The latter, totaling in the vicinity of $110mm, was paid entirely by the University.

Where did the Athletic Department get the money to pay it's portion of the NCAA fine? it didn't have cash on hand. It borrowed from the University and repaid it over time.

So what happens if the Athletic Department finds itself in a chronic deficit situation? It's not a novel concept. Look at Pitt. Look at Rutgers. Look at most schools at the FBS level. Don't assume that PSU is immune. Barbour has an unmatched record of getting athletic departments in the financial shitter.

Now go back to ramming that dildo into your eye socket, the only stimulation that meager mass of protoplasm floating around in your cranium gets.
No shit Einstein. Who said athletics can borrow money from an outside entity? Nobody implied that. What fantasy world are you living in? Nothing you are saying is new information.

I never said athletics paid the settlements for Jerry’s and Joe’s victims, thus my previous post. Nobody said athletics paid for the settlements. YOU said tuition dollars were used, without any proof. Can you read? I know you can’t accept that Joe was guilty and is burning in hell, but it’s time to move on Boomer!

No shit Einstein. Who said athletics can borrow money from an outside entity? Nobody implied that. What fantasy world are you living in? Nothing you are saying is new information.

I never said athletics paid the settlements for Jerry’s and Joe’s victims, thus my previous post. Nobody said athletics paid for the settlements. YOU said tuition dollars were used, without any proof. Can you read? I know you can’t accept that Joe was guilty and is burning in hell, but it’s time to move on Boomer!

Fvck off.

Quick question...Which member of the Surma family are you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT