ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Clemson at Notre Dame.....

Yes he's still out but allowed to be on the sidelines. 🤷‍♂️
giphy.gif

I always think ND is overrated. What\Who did they beat to be ranked #4? It is in ND and Indiana allows fans in stadium so they will have home field advantage. Even without Lawrence I think Clemson wins easily, I hate ND. How can you be a PSU fan a like ND? I am a PSU fan, Irish, Catholic, and I despise ND! :cool:

I always think ND is overrated. What\Who did they beat to be ranked #4? It is in ND and Indiana allows fans in stadium so they will have home field advantage. Even without Lawrence I think Clemson wins easily, I hate ND. How can you be a PSU fan a like ND? I am a PSU fan, Irish, Catholic, and I despise ND! :cool:
Also hate ND, but I enjoyed son1s college visit. We caught MICH at ND, AWESOME day. Very special place.

If ND can run well then they can win, otherwise Clemson wins. Only other path for ND is if Clemson is -2 or more in TO battle.

Suspect ND - Clemson will meet again later this season.

ND’s benefited more than any and every team in the country with the impact of the virus on it’s schedule.....no Big 2(12) games, no triple option Navy, no Stanford or Southern Cal.

That said, ND’s O is better than it looks and it’s D has played very well. Same old Sat story, if they play well AND don’t self-destruct, they have a solid chance.

Crowd in South Bend is very limited, will be a non-factor.

of course it’s going to be 62 F at kickoff. Can Clemson possibly have easier paths over and over? Who are you rooting for? If ND wins, what’s the AP poll read Monday?

"Can Clemson possibly have easier paths over and over" ......... You do realize they do not have Trevor Lawrence or about 4 other starters for this game.

That's the equivalent of Ohio State playing us last week without Justin Fields. I know DJ Ugalalelieiieieieieiieieilieie is a 5* stud. But he is still juts making his 2nd all time start in a college football game. ......... One could argue that it is ND who caught the break.

BTW .... I just can not bring myself to pull for ND. The over-hype they receive from the media is ridiculous. Same thing over and over and over with the same 3 programs: ND, Michigan & Texas.... as soon as they win a game, right away all we hear is how they "are back" and they instantly vault into the Top 10. I'd rather rather Clemson stomp them, so we do not have to hear about them again this year.

I think Clemson is going to curb stomp them, Lawrence or no Lawrence.
The only thing is, the more that Clemson continues to win consecutive regular season games, the more the likelihood that they're eventually going to lose one, and this is probably the only regular season game that they have any chance of losing. If an underwhelming BC team could take Clemson to the brink in Death Valley with a lot of fans, ND probably has a pretty good chance at home with Clemson playing with a backup qb.

Let this sink in: Clemson hasn't lost a regular season game since Syracuse beat them in 2017. That tells you what a great program they have, but also what a lousy football conference the ACC is. Unfortunately, the Big 10 isn't far behind with a certain team.

Yes he's still out but allowed to be on the sidelines. 🤷‍♂️

Evidently the ACC has a similar policy as the Big 10. They just don't come out and say it specifically like the Big 10 21 days. The ACC states 10 days after you test positive or first show symptoms. Dabo said last week that Lawrence was out against ND because of ACC policy of student-athlete needs to train to get back into shape because of heart concerns. It sounds like the ACC is really 14+ days compared to Big 10 21 days. I believe the last week of Big 10 21 days is to get back into physical shape. I would not be shocked if Mertz was allowed on the sideline, if Wisconsin actually plays next week.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
of course it’s going to be 62 F at kickoff. Can Clemson possibly have easier paths over and over? Who are you rooting for? If ND wins, what’s the AP poll read Monday?

The only time I root for ND is when they play Michigan and I don’t like Clemson and their pious head coach one bit. Clemson by 10-14 even without Lawrence. Saw nothing about ND in any of their games so far that impressed me.

Reactions: PSUHarry33
The only thing is, the more that Clemson continues to win consecutive regular season games, the more the likelihood that they're eventually going to lose one, and this is probably the only regular season game that they have any chance of losing. If an underwhelming BC team could take Clemson to the brink in Death Valley with a lot of fans, ND probably has a pretty good chance at home with Clemson playing with a backup qb.

Let this sink in: Clemson hasn't lost a regular season game since Syracuse beat them in 2017. That tells you what a great program they have, but also what a lousy football conference the ACC is. Unfortunately, the Big 10 isn't far behind with a certain team.

Yeah except that after the frosh QB settled in after the first half Clemson overcame a 28-10 deficit. He should play better from the start against ND with that first game out of the way.

"Can Clemson possibly have easier paths over and over" ......... You do realize they do not have Trevor Lawrence or about 4 other starters for this game.

That's the equivalent of Ohio State playing us last week without Justin Fields. I know DJ Ugalalelieiieieieieiieieilieie is a 5* stud. But he is still juts making his 2nd all time start in a college football game. ......... One could argue that it is ND who caught the break.

BTW .... I just can not bring myself to pull for ND. The over-hype they receive from the media is ridiculous. Same thing over and over and over with the same 3 programs: ND, Michigan & Texas.... as soon as they win a game, right away all we hear is how they "are back" and they instantly vault into the Top 10. I'd rather rather Clemson stomp them, so we do not have to hear about them again this year.

I agree except that even if ND loses by 20+ we will still hear all the ND BS as soon as they blow out next week’s inferior foe.

I have watched ND a few times on TV. They have a very good run game and Ian Book is an excellent QB. I don't see a Clemson blowout with the back up QB. I expect ND to try to contain Clemsons great RB Etienne and force the young QB to beat them by passing. I believe Xavior Thomas, the Clemson DE is out for the 1st half because of a targeting penalty last week against BC. Clemson is platooning 2 Fresman DLs, one being Brian Bresse.

I have watched ND a few times on TV. They have a very good run game and Ian Book is an excellent QB. I don't see a Clemson blowout with the back up QB. I expect ND to try to contain Clemsons great RB Etienne and force the young QB to beat them by passing. I believe Xavior Thomas, the Clemson DE is out for the 1st half because of a targeting penalty last week against BC. Clemson is platooning 2 Fresman DLs, one being Brian Bresse.
I think this game is fascinating. Even more so at 38 F and drizzle.

You never route for ND, Even when they play OSU, Michigan or Pitt.
They not only need to be beat but they need the crap kicked out of them.
Make sure the John Deere tractor is real busy. Lots of body bags.

If ND goes in to the CFB undefeated they will automatically be #1 even if the other unbeatens are better. Heck a 1 loss ND even scares me as they will screw some other team based on name only.

I hate those bastards.
Notre Dame is to college football what the Dallas Cowboys are to the NFL.

Yeah except that after the frosh QB settled in after the first half Clemson overcame a 28-10 deficit. He should play better from the start against ND with that first game out of the way.

As much as I hate Dabo he will have this team ready. Maybe he will have his team pray more since the game is on holier ground than that stupid rock at their stadium.

I view it this way. ND can’t afford a loss and expect to make the CFP, but Clemson, sans Trevor, can.

Go Tigers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT