ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from Indy (long)

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
Lucas Oil Stadium is a great place to watch a game, not usually an indoor stadium fan but the building architecture somehow does not feel like a dome.

Great PSU representation in Indy, at tailgates and during the game.

Our DTs battled but Wisconsin consistently got a fullback, guard or TE to our LBs so that the TB was running for 4 yards before being hit.

Another year of lifting and eating will benefit our DL when playing against these behemoth OLs from Wisconsin, MSU or Uof M.

Our DBs actually I thought tackled very well, Haley, Golden, Allen made a lot of tackles that if they had missed, their RB was gone.

Early Wisconsin got a lot of pressure but from mid way through Q2- end of game Trace had time.

Best game I have ever seen Blacknall and Hamilton play at Wide out. Gesecki a great game as well, catching anything close to him.

Refereeing was typical big 10 junk. Our DL was held on every play, Wisconsin offense seemed to jump their own snap 4-5 times with no call. In my opinion we got a break on the late hit on Trace, no where near late or dirty.
I thought that the 2nd or 3rd play of the game Watt should have received a late hit penalty for blowing up Trace 3 seconds after he handed to Saquon.

There was a play in q4 where Schwan slowed his rush as to not hit the QB as he was setting up to throw, the QB held onto the ball and our DE gave up another 5 yards.

Trace has excellent field vision, from my high seats you could see who was open or at least who one on one match ups and know where Trace would throw the ball.

2nd or 3rd game in a row that Trace did not keep the ball very much, DE for Wisconsin was crashing down every play, Trace could have kept for yards, but did so very infrequently.

Ball did not bounce our way on fumbles, they put the ball on the ground 3-4 times and recovered them all and we mid snap on a 3rd and 1 for a Wisconsin TD.

PSU fans were 60-65 % of crowd, Wisconsin 30 % with an assortment of OSU, Michigan and Iowa fans sprinkled in. The PSU crowd brought the energy especially in the second half and during the trophy presentation.

Wisconsin fans are really pleasant, at least the 30-40 that I interacted with during the game or during tailgating.

I have been on the CJF bandwagon since the day that he was hired and I am so proud of his coaching job this year and how he carries himself especially to the media. CJF has an edge to him and he showed it last night calling out the selection committee after gaining the W and the players, fans and the media are it up. There is a reason that James won the media vote for Coach of the year and not the Coach vote.

Great game, great PSU support.

We R Back.

Nice recap Thank you

I, too, like Wisconsin fans. I would have rooted for them if not for PSU being in the game

Reactions: BBrown
The booing of Delaney was epic. Franklin had his I am a baller tough guy look with Delaney. It was almost as much fun as the game.

Lucas Oil Stadium is a great place to watch a game, not usually an indoor stadium fan but the building architecture somehow does not feel like a dome.

Great PSU representation in Indy, at tailgates and during the game.

Our DTs battled but Wisconsin consistently got a fullback, guard or TE to our LBs so that the TB was running for 4 yards before being hit.

Another year of lifting and eating will benefit our DL when playing against these behemoth OLs from Wisconsin, MSU or Uof M.

Our DBs actually I thought tackled very well, Haley, Golden, Allen made a lot of tackles that if they had missed, their RB was gone.

Early Wisconsin got a lot of pressure but from mid way through Q2- end of game Trace had time.

Best game I have ever seen Blacknall and Hamilton play at Wide out. Gesecki a great game as well, catching anything close to him.

Refereeing was typical big 10 junk. Our DL was held on every play, Wisconsin offense seemed to jump their own snap 4-5 times with no call. In my opinion we got a break on the late hit on Trace, no where near late or dirty.
I thought that the 2nd or 3rd play of the game Watt should have received a late hit penalty for blowing up Trace 3 seconds after he handed to Saquon.

There was a play in q4 where Schwan slowed his rush as to not hit the QB as he was setting up to throw, the QB held onto the ball and our DE gave up another 5 yards.

Trace has excellent field vision, from my high seats you could see who was open or at least who one on one match ups and know where Trace would throw the ball.

2nd or 3rd game in a row that Trace did not keep the ball very much, DE for Wisconsin was crashing down every play, Trace could have kept for yards, but did so very infrequently.

Ball did not bounce our way on fumbles, they put the ball on the ground 3-4 times and recovered them all and we mid snap on a 3rd and 1 for a Wisconsin TD.

PSU fans were 60-65 % of crowd, Wisconsin 30 % with an assortment of OSU, Michigan and Iowa fans sprinkled in. The PSU crowd brought the energy especially in the second half and during the trophy presentation.

Wisconsin fans are really pleasant, at least the 30-40 that I interacted with during the game or during tailgating.

I have been on the CJF bandwagon since the day that he was hired and I am so proud of his coaching job this year and how he carries himself especially to the media. CJF has an edge to him and he showed it last night calling out the selection committee after gaining the W and the players, fans and the media are it up. There is a reason that James won the media vote for Coach of the year and not the Coach vote.

Great game, great PSU support.

We R Back.

Excellent post.
I don't know about the holding as i didn't see it on tv but I agree that I thought their OL got an early start 3 or 4 times..

Its funny you mention the DB tackling because I think Haley learned from his first attempt to stop the Wiscy back that went for the long TD.

Yea those fumbles just kept bouncing right back to the Wiscy players.

I kind of thought the PF penalty against Trace was a little iffy too but it seems to be pretty consistent the way they call it. I think it was the fact that he continued to drag him down out of bounds was the clincher.
I was impressed with Wiscy. I think they are playing better than tOSU right now.

Excellent post.
I don't know about the holding as i didn't see it on tv but I agree that I thought their OL got an early start 3 or 4 times..

Its funny you mention the DB tackling because I think Haley learned from his first attempt to stop the Wiscy back that went for the long TD.

Yea those fumbles just kept bouncing right back to the Wiscy players.

I kind of thought the PF penalty against Trace was a little iffy too but it seems to be pretty consistent the way they call it. I think it was the fact that he continued to drag him down out of bounds was the clincher.
I was impressed with Wiscy. I think they are playing better than tOSU right now.

The PF penalty on us that first Wisky drive was crap. Bowen tapped the RB who didnt even fall.

Those were exactly my observations. Orur WR were incredible. TM was so tough and unflappable all night. I also thought Watt should have been flagged, especially the way they called it. I also saw that on Schwan but my bro thought he was further away due to camera angles.

Someone tweeted out last night, a writer, TM was 9 for 9 for 234 yards on his last 9 throws.

Those were exactly my observations. Orur WR were incredible. TM was so tough and unflappable all night. I also thought Watt should have been flagged, especially the way they called it. I also saw that on Schwan but my bro thought he was further away due to camera angles.

Someone tweeted out last night, a writer, TM was 9 for 9 for 234 yards on his last 9 throws.
I had a good line on Schwann could definitely have hit their QB, watch his body language he knew that he messed up.

It would have been interesting to see if Wiscy could have scored if Clement got the 1st down. A little more than a minute left, 2 time-outs, but more than 20 yards for TD and they were not making big yardage plays.

Thanks to the PSU defensive stop on 4th down, this is a hypothetical. :)

good question as to whether Wiscy could have scored.....they were taking 3 plays to make first downs.....but with a minute and 2 time outs we would need either a turnover or a stop on 4th down....it seemed as if they had enough time to score, which made the stop so sweet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT