ADVERTISEMENT

This China-India conflict is not good

I don’t know if you’re implying nuclear when you say, “isn’t going to be fought by conventional means,” but I don’t think either side would necessarily use nukes. The same self-preservation principle, which makes you think Pakistan would not enter the war, would prevent them from using such weapons. If nuclear weapons are used, then there are only losers.

Look at the India-China border.

Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr probably have more intelligence in their little toe than you have in your entire body. They are generally regarded as two of the smartest, and most caring, coaches in professional sports.
But my little toe has more morals and intestinal fortitude than their mighty brains.

I don’t know if you’re implying nuclear when you say, “isn’t going to be fought by conventional means,” but I don’t think either side would necessarily use nukes. The same self-preservation principle, which makes you think Pakistan would not enter the war, would prevent India/China from using such weapons. If nuclear weapons are used, then there are only losers.
It wouldn't start that way, no. But when it's clear to one side that they are losing, they are going to reach for the button. The only way to avoid a disastrous war is not to get it started. BTW, neither side was using live ammo in this last conflict- it was hand to hand with clubs and rocks. Why? because neither country issues ammo to the border troops- just to avoid a shooting incident.

But my little toe has more morals and intestinal fortitude than their mighty brains.

Some ought not talk about brains.

The Spin Meister said:

Interesting stuff. Keep in mind Pakistan just gained independence from India in 1956, IIRC. They have had many battles since, hate and mistrust each other.

Here's one big issue between the US, Pakistan, and India: when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, we supported tribes affiliated with India. Pakistan feared having India on one side and an Afghanistan siding with India on the other so Pakistan supported the Taliban. Thats why there has been no peace in Afghanistan. Neither India or Pakistan want a strong Afghani government.

Hard to predict any alliances or outcomes in the Mid East or the Indian subcontinent as alliances there shift like sand dunes in the wind. Allies today could be enemies in five years. And vice versa. Even Russia and China have had border wars.

Best we can do is keep a balance of power so no one feels strong enough to win a war.

Some ought not talk about brains.

The Spin Meister said:

Interesting stuff. Keep in mind Pakistan just gained independence from India in 1956, IIRC. They have had many battles since, hate and mistrust each other.

Here's one big issue between the US, Pakistan, and India: when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, we supported tribes affiliated with India. Pakistan feared having India on one side and an Afghanistan siding with India on the other so Pakistan supported the Taliban. Thats why there has been no peace in Afghanistan. Neither India or Pakistan want a strong Afghani government.

Hard to predict any alliances or outcomes in the Mid East or the Indian subcontinent as alliances there shift like sand dunes in the wind. Allies today could be enemies in five years. And vice versa. Even Russia and China have had border wars.

Best we can do is keep a balance of power so no one feels strong enough to win a war.
And some shouldn't talk about class, deceny, respect, or intelligent discussions.

It wouldn't start that way, no. But when it's clear to one side that they are losing, they are going to reach for the button. The only way to avoid a disastrous war is not to get it started. BTW, neither side was using live ammo in this last conflict- it was hand to hand with clubs and rocks. Why? because neither country issues ammo to the border troops- just to avoid a shooting incident.

The story coming out now is crazy. Yesterday it was 2 Indian soldiers were killed. Now it’s 20 Indian soldiers were killed and 43 Chinese soldiers killed or injured (China won’t release how many died).

They apparently attacked one another with rocks, impaled each other with iron rods, threw many off of a cliff on a narrow mountain pass, and left others to freeze to death.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...soldiers-fought-death-nail-studded-clubs.html

Reactions: 91Joe95
The story coming out now is crazy. Yesterday it was 2 Indian soldiers were killed. Now it’s 20 Indian soldiers were killed and 43 Chinese soldiers killed or injured (China won’t release how many died).

They apparently attacked one another with rocks, impaled each other with iron rods, threw many off of a cliff on a narrow mountain pass, and left others to freeze to death.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...soldiers-fought-death-nail-studded-clubs.html
folks who really shouldn't have nukes- but they do

Reactions: psu00

Fog of war. Initial reports are often incomplete or erroneous, particularly when clashes take place in remote mountain areas, and we're talking the Himalayas here.

No. Not every subject. I don’t know much about NASCAR, the appropriate assault weapon that works best to attack innocent high school students or how to make the best Boilo. And I sure as hell don’t understand women. And I am not really sure I know what Tik Tok is

But I do know what I do know and I know it by obtaining information that I feel is closer to the heart of the matter than the sources others use to reference. And like everyone else -my comments are opinions and not actual facts. Although we may all feel this way.

However I do believe an informed opinion is better than an uninformed one.

It seems this upsets you. I also get the impression you don’t like when others have opinions that are different than yours. Sorry for that. My recommendation is you get a steaming mug of boilo (ask someone for the recipe because I don’t know it) and block my posts. It will make you feel better.

LOL.

In any conflict between India and China, the US will side with India. We have taken over the old British Empire and have, consequently, adopted their geopolitical strategy. As stated by Winston Churchill, the British would work with the weaker nations against the stronger in order to keep them becoming even more powerful.
Also, in a foreign policy magazine I read, the author of an article said that in terms of geopolitics, the area around Afghanistan/Pakistan is the center of the world. So much is there (think energy resources) and China's new silk route. Very important region.. Since the US geopolitical aim is to control (not own but control) all the world's energy, then this area is a problem for the US.

Hmmm. IDK as much as I like Indian food I love Chinese food.:D

Tough call.

On one side we have butter chicken, dal, tandoori chicken, chicken tika, and butter or garlic nann, to name a few.

On the other side we have general tso's chicken (american chinese), chow mein, peking duck, sichuan pork, hotpot, sweet and sour anything, etc.

If I'm in the U.S., Chinese wins out, solely because of the general chicken - you will rarely find it outside America.

Outside the U.S, it is no contest. Indian food for sure.

Reactions: BBrown
Guys like Pop and Kerr are intelligent people, they know full well the atrocities committed by Communist China. But they are "selective peace rioters". They are the types that are "for" or "against" a subject if it is convenient for them. The NBA gets millions from China.... the NBA tells Kerr & Pop to zip it when it comes to bad-mouthing China because millions and millions are at stake... Kerr and Pop zip it. Funny how that works.
Yep...paragons of virtue!

Hmmm. IDK as much as I like Indian food I love Chinese food.:D

Are we talking kung pao chicken vs tandoori chicken or are we talking the authentic Chinese? Indian food served in the US isn't that far off from what I ate in Mumbai. I haven't been to China, but I have friends who lived their and have taken me to restaurants that serve what they "real" Chinese food. The only time when I have been more surprised by what I ate was when I ordered cheese pierogis in Krakow.

Are we talking kung pao chicken vs tandoori chicken or are we talking the authentic Chinese? Indian food served in the US isn't that far off from what I ate in Mumbai. I haven't been to China, but I have friends who lived their and have taken me to restaurants that serve what they "real" Chinese food. The only time when I have been more surprised by what I ate was when I ordered cheese pierogis in Krakow.

In light of recent events involving bats and boiling water I'm going to say American Chinese. :D

Reactions: OaktonDave
how far away are we from "nuclear lo, mein" and "napalm chickpea curry"?

Reactions: OaktonDave
I don’t know if you’re implying nuclear when you say, “isn’t going to be fought by conventional means,” but I don’t think either side would necessarily use nukes. The same self-preservation principle, which makes you think Pakistan would not enter the war, would prevent India/China from using such weapons. If nuclear weapons are used, then there are only losers.
From what I've read China gets one, maybe two cracks at us in terms of a nuclear strike. Russia only gets one crack at us. My point is that if either country goes the nuclear weapons route they have very little room for error. If they fail, we can and most likely will annihilate them, and I mean total and complete devastation. Domestically, we will most likely have to endure a dictatorship for at least a decade. Think of it as a modern day reconstruction act. Let's all hope that cooler minds prevail.

Last edited:
From what I've read China gets one, maybe two cracks at us in terms of a nuclear strike. Russia only gets one crack at us. My point is that if either country goes the nuclear weapons route they have very little room for error. If they fail, we can and most likely will annihilate them, and I mean total and complete devastation. Domestically, we will most likely have to endure a dictatorship for at least a decade. Think of it as a modern day reconstruction act. Let's all hope that cooler minds prevail.

seriously? I am pretty sure anybody fires a nuclear weapon at the usa, with the platform of nuke subs and all the nuke silos in the usa, i have a hard time believing there would not be a whole lot of missiles going back at whomever shot them.

knock on wood, don't see a nuclear war happening unless almost by mistake such that some crazy military person defies orders with no authorization and somehow shoots a few off and then the dominoes fall from there. I cannot see any world leader (outside of North Korea as he is truly crazy) ever authorizing a nuclear strike. if there is going to be a actual military strike by a country against another, it is going to be a smart bomb/missile of some sort that is fired at a specific target.

Tough call.

On one side we have butter chicken, dal, tandoori chicken, chicken tika, and butter or garlic nann, to name a few.

On the other side we have general tso's chicken (american chinese), chow mein, peking duck, sichuan pork, hotpot, sweet and sour anything, etc.

If I'm in the U.S., Chinese wins out, solely because of the general chicken - you will rarely find it outside America.

Outside the U.S, it is no contest. Indian food for sure.
What is Chinese Chicken really? Only the Chinese cook really knows.

Reactions: Overthereguy
seriously? I am pretty sure anybody fires a nuclear weapon at the usa, with the platform of nuke subs and all the nuke silos in the usa, i have a hard time believing there would not be a whole lot of missiles going back at whomever shot them.

knock on wood, don't see a nuclear war happening unless almost by mistake such that some crazy military person defies orders with no authorization and somehow shoots a few off and then the dominoes fall from there. I cannot see any world leader (outside of North Korea as he is truly crazy) ever authorizing a nuclear strike. if there is going to be a actual military strike by a country against another, it is going to be a smart bomb/missile of some sort that is fired at a specific target.
Think 14 Trident Missile boats with 24 missiles each - that will ruin your day and I doubt they get taken out with a first strike - MAD at work.

My bigger fear is someone like Iran or Pakistan supplying one to a terrorist group to give them plausible deniability. Iran gives one to a terror group. It gets put on container ship, maybe switch ships at sea a couple times to hinder tracing. Then launch from 300 miles offshore high over East Coast, sink ship immediately so no ones knows. EMP attack. Maybe another over West Coast, one over Europe. World in a serious hurt.

Reactions: psu00
Since then, PRC just steals the technology and builds the stuff themselves.

Correct, they don't need to buy arms from anyone.

The reverse engineered and stolen military technology always reminds me of the bootleg purses, watches, and shoes that come from China. Cheap, yet not any where near the quality of the original. It amazes me how almost everything they make is a cheap knock off. You would think a country that large could come up with a couple original ideas at some point.

The free world needs to cut them off. They need us much more than we need them. American companies would take an initial hit, but then they'll move all their manufacturing to other non-hostile Asian and South American countries. Remember in the 80's when everything was made in the Philippines? Then China began manipulating their currency and cheating the global economy.

My bigger fear is someone like Iran or Pakistan supplying one to a terrorist group to give them plausible deniability. Iran gives one to a terror group. It gets put on container ship, maybe switch ships at sea a couple times to hinder tracing. Then launch from 300 miles offshore high over East Coast, sink ship immediately so no ones knows. EMP attack. Maybe another over West Coast, one over Europe. World in a serious hurt.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons. They day they manufacture one, there will be a few fighters flying from Israel into Iranian airspace - most likely, secretly authorized through Saudi air space.

Iran's current Ayatollah, Khamenei, had disavowed weapons of mass destruction as being non-islamic, so Iran is not in the nuclear business or search. Confirmed by US and Israeli intelligence services. I would look for a war to be a disruption of our computer networks and those pulse bombs that destroy our electronic grid. Stuff like that. No one wants nuclear war. And Kim, in North Korea, is not nuts either.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons. They day they manufacture one, there will be a few fighters flying from Israel into Iranian airspace - most likely, secretly authorized through Saudi air space.
Don't be so sure. When ever NK did a nuke test, Iranian scientists were there. It is believed Iran helped finance their program and gave significant technical support. It was a way for Iran to develop nukes away from Israeli's reach. I am sure they expect something in return.

Iran's current Ayatollah, Khamenei, had disavowed weapons of mass destruction as being non-islamic, so Iran is not in the nuclear business or search. Confirmed by US and Israeli intelligence services. I would look for a war to be a disruption of our computer networks and those pulse bombs that destroy our electronic grid. Stuff like that. No one wants nuclear war. And Kim, in North Korea, is not nuts either.
Yes- Iran’s leadership class is so trustworthy. Let’s go with that.

Don't be so sure. When ever NK did a nuke test, Iranian scientists were there. It is believed Iran helped finance their program and gave significant technical support. It was a way for Iran to develop nukes away from Israeli's reach. I am sure they expect something in return.

I really don't think they have a bomb yet. They haven't conducted any nuclear tests. It is really difficult to develop a nuclear weapon without testing. They are definitely trying to actively develop one though.

If you want an interesting read, check out this article about the Stuxnet virus that infiltrated Iranian nuclear enrichment facilities -

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/countdown-to-zero-day-stuxnet/

Yes- Iran’s leadership class is so trustworthy. Let’s go with that.

Didn’t the Israelis get a huge truckload of Iranian nuclear weapons research documents in a raid 2 years ago? Last I read, the IAEA says it is still banned from 2 secret Iranian nuclear sites found in those documents. Plus, German intelligence just announced a few days ago that Iran is still working to produce WMD through contacts in Germany. I can’t believe anyone takes an Iranian Ayatollah’s word seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT