ADVERTISEMENT

They have the government they wanted, and deserve

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
I came across this news report on the Web today. It reports that the Taliban government in Afghanistan has banned university education for women, in addition to earlier bans described in the article as follows:

They have banned girls from middle school and high school, barred women from most fields of employment and ordered them to wear head-to-toe clothing in public. Women are also banned from parks and gyms.

Frankly, I do not blame any American president, politician, solider or citizen for the current plight of Afghans under their phucked up government. We tried for decades to prop up their corrupt and ineffectual government, with NO help (but, rather, apathy or hindrance) from ordinary Afghani citizens. We finally - far too late, in my opinion - decided that we were just wasting our blood and treasure there.

The Afghani public has the government they wanted, and the government they deserve. I can't work up any sympathy for them.

Here is a link to the full article: https://my.xfinity.com/articles/news-general/20221221/AS--Afghanistan-9320

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News