ADVERTISEMENT

Football Theo Johnson charged with pair of misdemeanors.

Honestly, there are lots of people that get involved in frat/bar fights. TJ is going to suffer consequences via the Justice system if found guilty - I'm not sure PSU needs to do anything on top of that. Does PSU take additional steps against countless students that are charged in bar, frat or dorm party fights?

Last edited:
Honestly, there are lots of people that get involved in frat/bar fights. TJ is going to suffer consequences via the Justice system if found guilty - I'm not sure PSU needs to do anything on top of that. Does PSU take additional steps against countless students that are charged in bar, frat or dorm parties?
he's being charged by the DA so it isn't just a standard, good-time, bar-fight. it is now a criminal event no mater what football fans want to think.

Having said that, football players can be a target but players have to be able to walk away. On the other hand, football players have been known to be a bit pushy over the years. So who knows?

let the process work and hope justice is done. regardless, a learning opportunity for Theo. You are aways better to walk away. Hell, you are a big-dude football player. Nothing good is going to happen by proving you manhood to a drunk frat boy.

A frat kid wearing $560 sunglasses likely would deserve a punch in the face but athletes have to be the bigger man and step back in these situations.

Bs. How about athletes don't trespass in the first place. Frat guy with $600 sunglasses could have Castle doctrined Johnson if he wished.

What is your address? What happens if someone comes into your house uninvited?

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Just curious, can he avoid trouble by entering the portal and going to another team??
he can't avoid his legal problems by xfering. He's charged with two misdemeanors in center county so he's on the hook for those charges regardless of where he lives.

Likely gets pled down to summary harassment or criminal mischief.

Even if it stays misdemeanor he’ll probably be able to go ARD and bribe the state to make it go away.
agreed..they always overcharge hoping to get a very minor conviction where the person charged pleads out to pay a few bucks and make it go away. I think it was off campus so not a university transgression (is that right)?. Of much greater concern for Leo is how CJF will handle it. I can see him getting a few games suspension.

Reactions: bison13
This is pretty serious and it's bad news. But it's also kind of remarkable how little of this has happened under Franklin because Franklin won't tolerate it.

Remember how team behavior deteriorated in Paterno's dotage? One off-season SI had to write a big story because PSU had had something like 25-28 players arrested in the offseason? There was that apartment brawl that involved something like 15 PSU football players -- because someone insulted Anthony Scirotto's girlfriend? Those were pretty strange days for PSU football.

This is pretty serious and it's bad news. But it's also kind of remarkable how little of this has happened under Franklin because Franklin won't tolerate it.

Remember how team behavior deteriorated in Paterno's dotage? One off-season SI had to write a big story because PSU had had something like 25-28 players arrested in the offseason? There was that apartment brawl that involved something like 15 PSU football players -- because someone insulted Anthony Scirotto's girlfriend? Those were pretty strange days for PSU football.
IIRC, Center County had a rogue DA and a woman in charge of campus justice that looked like John Lithgow. One event was a guy who shot an arrow into the wall of his dorm. One was a player who took a bike out of a dumpster. One was a player on a bike, at night, without a light. Several were when a player's GF was harassed and her phone broken and a bunch of players went to his dorm, broke in and beat them up. There was a spate of claimed "date rapes" that couldn't be substantiated but cost some players playing time.

Good times!

Crap. From the BIG & Beyond doc he seemed like a great kid with an inspirational story. Hopefully this is a “one bad decision” moment where the consequences aren’t too severe and he learns and moves on.

Yeah… $560 sunglasses on a frat boy… nobody deserves to be punched but a headlock & noogie are probably in order.

Bs. How about athletes don't trespass in the first place. Frat guy with $600 sunglasses could have Castle doctrined Johnson if he wished.

What is your address? What happens if someone comes into your house uninvited?
You are assuming that he was trespassing. Sounds to me that there was ambiguity about whether he was invited or not. It only says he didn't have a wristband. Who knows if someone told him to come by and failed to get him a wristband or even knew that a wristband was going to be necessary in the view of the $560 sunglasses frat kid. Either way, I hope Mr. $560 sunglasses learned a lesson as well.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
You are assuming that he was trespassing. Sounds to me that there was ambiguity about whether he was invited or not. It only says he didn't have a wristband. Who knows if someone told him to come by and failed to get him a wristband or even knew that a wristband was going to be necessary in the view of the $560 sunglasses frat kid. Either way, I hope Mr. $560 sunglasses learned a lesson as well.

Legal occupant of the property asked him to leave. Nothing ambiguous about it. I think the owner/renters know if they invited Johnson or not.

Crap. From the BIG & Beyond doc he seemed like a great kid with an inspirational story. Hopefully this is a “one bad decision” moment where the consequences aren’t too severe and he learns and moves on.

Yeah… $560 sunglasses on a frat boy… nobody deserves to be punched but a headlock & noogie are probably in order.

What kind of shades do you think the players wear? Add the 4k worth of tats and trespassing. What does that deserve?

the apartment incident wasn't nearly that simple starting with the initial incident with Scirotto.

Honestly, there are lots of people that get involved in frat/bar fights. TJ is going to suffer consequences via the Justice system if found guilty - I'm not sure PSU needs to do anything on top of that. Does PSU take additional steps against countless students that are charged in bar, frat or dorm party fights?
If this was involving players at any other school you'd be saying there's a problem.
I think it's nothing but I'd say that for Bama Georgia and Ohio State too.

This aggression will not stand, Man.
giphy.gif

well, all we know is the prosecutor's side of the story. I've had some experience with prosecutors and can tell you for a fact that some of them lie (ok, almost all of them lie).
I mean all lawyers on both sides lie...constantly.

Not that serious relative to stuff that happens with the General Student Body on a regular basis. Again, I said he would face consequences in the Justice System - just as other students do. But even in regards to the criminal side it is not going to be all that serious at the end of the day. This frat kid is probably looking for a decent size payout in Civil Court (knows TJ is almost a certain NFL Draft Pick) and even a plead down Criminal Conviction will almost guarantee him a win in Civil Court.

If this was involving players at any other school you'd be saying there's a problem.
I think it's nothing but I'd say that for Bama Georgia and Ohio State too.

You're full of shit, I've never posted shit about a player from an opposing school being involved in a frat/bar/dorm party fight. Beyond that, PSU is the only place where this kind of ridiculous crap is even reported by the local press. Let me guess, you really believe that scUM and duhO$U players have never been in bar/party fights???? How many have you ever read about jack-wad?

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
You're full of shit, I've never posted shit about a player from an opposing school being involved in a frat/bar/dorm party fight. Beyond that, PSU is the only place where this kind of ridiculous crap is even reported by the local press. Let me guess, you really believe that scUM and duhO$U players have never been in bar/party fights???? How many have you ever read about jack-wad?
No I think, like our players, they get in fights often. You're the one that thinks we're different. Notice how you can't even say Ohio State or Michigan without being childish. You proved my point just with that.

No I think, like our players, they get in fights often. You're the one that thinks we're different. Notice how you can't even say Ohio State or Michigan without being childish. You proved my point just with that.

No a-hole, you accused me of something I've never done - very typical of the douche you are troll-boy. Again, I have never made a post about a FBS football player playing for a team other than PSU regarding involvement in a bar/college-party fight contrary to your accusation jack-wad.

No a-hole, you accused me of something I've never done - very typical of the douche you are troll-boy. Again, I have never made a post about a FBS football player playing for a team other than PSU regarding involvement in a bar/college-party fight contrary to your accusation jack-wad.
Have you made comments about them being arrested for anything?

Just as a point of reference. In Alabamas second sport their best basketball player gave a gun to a former player who shot a young mom, and the Alabama player played.

This is a minor situation that happened numerous times in the late 80s at PSU st frats. I witnessed about 10 such episodes.

Just as a point of reference. In Alabamas second sport their best basketball player gave a gun to a former player who shot a young mom, and the Alabama player played.

This is a minor situation that happened numerous times in the late 80s at PSU st frats. I witnessed about 10 such episodes.
And Kentucky’s best RB did far worse than this twice during the summer and got a four game suspension when he should have been thrown off the team.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Ironic how everyone seems to prove your points.....with the exception of you.

That's not entirely accurate but I think we all disagreed with the decision to play him.

I don't think Theo should be suspended but if this Harrison or any player on Ohio State/Michigan countless people here would be bashing their programs and claiming he needed suspended. There can't be a double standard.

he's being charged by the DA so it isn't just a standard, good-time, bar-fight. it is now a criminal event no mater what football fans want to think.

Having said that, football players can be a target but players have to be able to walk away. On the other hand, football players have been known to be a bit pushy over the years. So who knows?

let the process work and hope justice is done. regardless, a learning opportunity for Theo. You are aways better to walk away. Hell, you are a big-dude football player. Nothing good is going to happen by proving you manhood to a drunk frat boy.
Well said !

Reactions: Obliviax
Franklin will issue consequences. Especially due to the fact he learned about it in the paper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT