ADVERTISEMENT

The Wire - your favorite scene

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Watching it the 2nd time through. So many great scenes, but I love this scene where McNulty buries Brianna:

Brianna is the 2nd worst mom next to Namond’s.

Favorite line - Prop Joe saying “I’m living my life with some burdensome ni**as” when talking about his family. Prop Joe was hilarious

It was a great show, and I’m sad that I didn’t see it during its original run. It still held up very well though.​

Reactions: BBrown
Can’t link it here because it’s too adult, but the scene with McNulty and the two hookers was one of my most favorite moments in television history. I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Can’t link it here because it’s too adult, but the scene with McNulty and the two hookers was one of my most favorite moments in television history. I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe.
I’m drawing a blank here... what happened?

Also, you can link all kinds of adult is Hs stuff, just indicate that it’s not safe for work.

Practically impossible to choose. The McNulty & Bunk F***crime scene investigation, where's wallace?, when Avon & Stringer are on the balcony reminiscing before you know what, when Bubbles finally speaks at NA and on and on and on. Simply amazing show.

The only thing I really like about the show were the scenes with Omar. Other then that I thought it was mehh.

Practically impossible to choose. The McNulty & Bunk F***crime scene investigation, where's wallace?, when Avon & Stringer are on the balcony reminiscing before you know what, when Bubbles finally speaks at NA and on and on and on. Simply amazing show.
"Where's Wallace?"

And Dee, in prison, analyzing his future by discussing Jay Gatsby's inability to move beyond his past, heartbreaking.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Rawls telling McNulty that Greggs' shooting wasn't his fault.

Also just about every scene with Amy Ryan as Beadie Russell.

anigif_original-grid-image-2366-1418768382-32.gif

Lester Freeman figuring out that the bodies were boarded up in the vacants. "This is a tomb. Lex is in there."

As for hardest scenes to watch, Carver losing it after dropping Randy off at the group home and also seeing Duquan shoot up and likely become a future street casualty. If that part of the show didn't elicit some sort of response, you aren't human.

Lester Freeman figuring out that the bodies were boarded up in the vacants. "This is a tomb. Lex is in there."

As for hardest scenes to watch, Carver losing it after dropping Randy off at the group home and also seeing Duquan shoot up and likely become a future street casualty. If that part of the show didn't elicit some sort of response, you aren't human.
Loved the 4th season, but, yeah, really sad. Amazing how tall Dukie got in 2 seasons of filming

I still maintain the three greatest TV Dramas of all-time are The Wire, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. Arrange them in any order you like, but no other show can crack that top 3. Don't even try.

Watching it the 2nd time through. So many great scenes, but I love this scene where McNulty buries Brianna:

Favorite line - Prop Joe saying “I’m living my life with some burdensome ni**as” when talking about his family. Prop Joe was hilarious

Brutal, brutal scene. Incredible that you picked this scene out, it's also my favorite all time scene. Only 3 minutes long, but it starts out intense and it builds worse and worse and the acting is impeccable.

Proposition Joe on Brother Muzone. "That ni**er has more bodies on him than a Chinese cemetary."

I still maintain the three greatest TV Dramas of all-time are The Wire, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. Arrange them in any order you like, but no other show can crack that top 3. Don't even try.
No argument from me! When we finally got premium channels, the first two series I watched on demand were The Wire and Breaking Bad. Just now finally watching The Sopranos. If expanding your list I would add Better Call Saul and (although only one season) Ozark.

"The king stay the king......." Deangelo teaching the slingers chess was priceless. So many great scenes, so little time to cite them
As for the slingers, despised Bodie for about 2 seasons and a bit, but then changed my mind as he stayed loyal despite everything falling down around him. McNulty had him pegged correctly in Bodie’s penultimate scene when they ate lunch together

Reactions: kijanalives
As for the slingers, despised Bodie for about 2 seasons and a bit, but then changed my mind as he stayed loyal despite everything falling down around him. McNulty had him pegged correctly in Bodie’s penultimate scene when they ate lunch together

" ....we're like the little bitches on the chessboard". Yeah I liked that scene as well. I just couldn't totally forgive Bodie for killing Wallace. Although I agree that the writers did a great job of presenting him in a better light as the years passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: kijanalives
Can't believe we're 20 posts in and this hasn't been linked.

Anyway, two of my favorites
"How's I spoze a no that shawty be five oh." Try interpreting that for one of your Japanese post-docs...

Stringer Bell to ?( forgot who) at a meeting regarding formation of the co-op
"Mofo, you sitting here taking NOTES on orgainaizing a criminal conspiracy "

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

I stopped one time to consider how difficult it might be for a Welsh actor to have a Baltimore accent, then thought about how difficult it might be for an American actor to speak with a Welsh accent in an authentic inner city crime drama set in, say, Wrexham. To the credit of the show, while most characters didn't speak with the authentic Baltimore accent, there were more than a few who did. Immediately coming to mind was the actual "Jay" (not the obese actor, but the actual former cop who was given a smaller role), and the school prinicipal.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
"Where's Wallace?"

And Dee, in prison, analyzing his future by discussing Jay Gatsby's inability to move beyond his past, heartbreaking.
Hand to heart I just rewatched the first season last week while travelling. "Where the f*ck is Wallace" is my favorite from S1 along with Bunk passed out in a woman's bathroom wearing a woman's rope and a cigar in his mouth.

No argument from me! When we finally got premium channels, the first two series I watched on demand were The Wire and Breaking Bad. Just now finally watching The Sopranos. If expanding your list I would add Better Call Saul and (although only one season) Ozark.

+1 on Better Call Saul. I like it better than Breaking Bad.

Obviously you haven’t watched the Americans.

Obviously you haven’t watched the Americans.
Agree on the wire. Sopranos got boring like most eventually. Would band of brothers count fas a TV drama? Thinking it’s more of a miniseries but that’s tops for me.

Except for counterpart, my recent watching has disappointed. Told my wife after seeing this season of homeland and outlander that she should watch the rest without me. Interested to see the end of GOT but annoyed the books fell so far behind.

Embarrassed to say haven’t watched breaking bad Or the Americans.

Brodie and McNulty, in the cemetery, with the Lake trout sandos....

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
+1 on Better Call Saul. I like it better than Breaking Bad.
I like BCS a lot but I still prefer BB. BCS has been more of a slow burn and BB was a runaway freight train building momentum with every single episode.

Reactions: BBrown
I like BCS a lot but I still prefer BB. BCS has been more of a slow burn and BB was a runaway freight train building momentum with every single episode.

For me, as a photographer enthusiast, a lot of it is the way its filmed, framed, lighting and shot. The natural lighting in New Mexico is amazing. There is a "thing" for photographers called the golden hour, the hour after sunrise and before sunset for most places but New Mexico lighting seems to be like that all the time. You can see it in Better Call Saul and in Longmire. Just gorgeous.
Couple that with some really great acting and directing and I'm a fanboy. LOL.

Reactions: LionJim
I'm no expert on modern culture, but I'm guessing 90% of American males would say that sopranos was better than the Americans.
I liked the Sopranos a lot, but it always loses points in my mind for the couple of seasons that were absolute crap.

Following the recommendation of many board members, I have been binge watching, just finished first season ( I think) - So question - Is it over?? It seems to me they wrapped up all the loose ends.

Following the recommendation of many board members, I have been binge watching, just finished first season ( I think) - So question - Is it over?? It seems to me they wrapped up all the loose ends.
watch some more, plenty of loose ends in Baltimore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT