ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead (spoilers)

canuckhal

May 5, 2014
Does anyone care anymore? When you kill off a somewhat main character but one of the more likeable ones, and I go meh, perhaps the show has run out of steam. This year has been better than the previous 2-3, but just not feeling it anymore. Certainly if the graveyard scene had been a couple of seasons ago, I think it would been cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pride and ftlpsu
As far as I am concerned, the series ended last season. I have no interest in watching it anymore.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Does anyone care anymore? When you kill off a somewhat main character but one of the more likeable ones, and I go meh, perhaps the show has run out of steam. This year has been better than the previous 2-3, but just not feeling it anymore. Certainly if the graveyard scene had been a couple of seasons ago, I think it would be have to cool.

That was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years.

Does anyone care anymore? When you kill off a somewhat main character but one of the more likeable ones, and I go meh, perhaps the show has run out of steam. This year has been better than the previous 2-3, but just not feeling it anymore. Certainly if the graveyard scene had been a couple of seasons ago, I think it would be have to cool.
I have all of this season on my DVR, but haven’t watched a single episode yet

As someone that was previously highly critical of the show, this season has been the best one in quite some time. The new showrunner has salvaged the show. Scott Gimple should be banned from television.

Reactions: BBrown
That was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years.

this Whisperers storyline was about where, in the comic book, I thought Kirkman was wrapping things up

and oh sh*t, this is some next level horror coming down the pike, kiddies . . .

the-walking-dead-the-whisperers_0.jpg

The intro ofthe whisperers has been fantastic and this episode was really good.
Been waiting for the whisperers and it didn't dissapoint. There has been some really lame seasons but this season looks good do far because of this crazy new group. Took way to long this season for them to appear.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Does anyone care anymore? When you kill off a somewhat main character but one of the more likeable ones, and I go meh, perhaps the show has run out of steam. This year has been better than the previous 2-3, but just not feeling it anymore. Certainly if the graveyard scene had been a couple of seasons ago, I think it would been cool.

I quit watching it entirely some time ago. It is the SOS over and over again, tyrannical villain ruling his oppressed vs the cough, cough, "good guys" (Rick and gang). Just wash, rinse and repeat. I've had enough.

Reactions: wbcincy
Remember when the zombies used to be dangerous?

I've watched it from the first episode. Never read the source material, and, regardless, I'm not one of those people who gets upset if a subsequent retelling deviates from the original story/historical facts.

Just entertain me.

The last couple/few seasons have been a combination of boring and annoying. I watch it out of habit, and some kind of perverse need to see it through to the end, having invested so much time into it.

But I think I'm finally done.

I don't really care for the plot device of "guess why I'm acting like this" where we have to watch someone acting super angry, or depressed, or guarded, or whatever ... and it doesn't make any sense until the big reveal that explains why this person has been awful/annoying. And that's all that's been happening since the time jump.

They've done a great job of wasting characters, focusing on annoying characters (or developing them to be annoying), and pretty much, at this point, all the characters I like are gone. I've been waiting for Jesus to take a leading role, and while most of the other decent characters have dropped off, I've held out hope that maybe he'll take over. And then they killed him off.

And probably struck the final blow to my interest.

Reactions: wbcincy
As someone that was previously highly critical of the show, this season has been the best one in quite some time. The new showrunner has salvaged the show. Scott Gimple should be banned from television.[/QUO
I've watched it from the first episode. Never read the source material, and, regardless, I'm not one of those people who gets upset if a subsequent retelling deviates from the original story/historical facts.

Just entertain me.

The last couple/few seasons have been a combination of boring and annoying. I watch it out of habit, and some kind of perverse need to see it through to the end, having invested so much time into it.

But I think I'm finally done.

I don't really care for the plot device of "guess why I'm acting like this" where we have to watch someone acting super angry, or depressed, or guarded, or whatever ... and it doesn't make any sense until the big reveal that explains why this person has been awful/annoying. And that's all that's been happening since the time jump.

They've done a great job of wasting characters, focusing on annoying characters (or developing them to be annoying), and pretty much, at this point, all the characters I like are gone. I've been waiting for Jesus to take a leading role, and while most of the other decent characters have dropped off, I've held out hope that maybe he'll take over. And then they killed him off.

And probably struck the final blow to my interest.

They killed off Jesus? JESUS!

Despite this season being better, this has also been one of my remaining complaints. I take this as an admission that the story being told in chronological order isn't strong enough to be entertaining, so they have to resort to this "gimmick" to string viewers along and try to keep them interested. Maggie's last episode was weeks ago and they still haven't explained why she's no longer around.

The strength of the show used to be character development - you knew who the main people were, understood their motivations, and could understand their actions as a result.

They no longer do that, and as a result, the viewer is less engaged with the outcome- this last episode resembled a teen slasher movie, it lacked the quality of the work they did in the early seasons.

II've been waiting for Jesus to take a leading role, and while most of the other decent characters have dropped off, I've held out hope that maybe he'll take over. And then they killed him off. .
Apparently Tom Payne felt the same way. Was frustrated and bored with the part and they worked out a way to kill him off.
“I was kind of frustrated with what I had gotten to do on the show and I was kind of a bit bored with it,” Payne told INNSIDER. “If I wasn’t being given anything, I was kind of ready to go. And then when Angela [Kang, showrunner] called me, I was quite chill about it. I was like, ‘Oh, okay. Great. Cool.’”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-bored-tom-payne-whisperers-amc-a8651531.html

Neegan is out. Let’s see how he does vs the whisperers.

let's hope it is as epic as what he does in the comic books

Negan's evolution during The Whisperer War was the best part of that story line. You kind of forget he is Negan. Until he reminds people he is Negan, much to their own regret.

SPOILERS:

>>

>>

>>

I love seeing scenes from the comic books played out on the TV show

One scene I REALLY wanted to see was during the Whisperer War, later in the series, during the "Certain Doom" story

Rick and Negan get trapped in a building surrounded by HUNDREDS of zombies. the only way they can survive is to work together and fight their way out. some great Rick/Negan moments.

Reactions: BBrown
lRick and Negan get trapped in a building surrounded by HUNDREDS of zombies. the only way they can survive is to work together and fight their way out. some great Rick/Negan moments.
Didn't they already do this? But they kept fighting one another.
In the comics (I haven't read them, but mentioned on Talking Dead) wasn't the cell left unlocked but Negan returned to his cell? Not sure this Negan will do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT