ADVERTISEMENT

The Turnover chain makes me despise Miami....

No sportsmanship in this “concept.” I blame the coaches for introducing this idea to the players.
Bad leadership. CJF would never go for something like that!!
Towards the end of the game the camera was on Wisky’s head coach and he clearly said (“Turnover Chain my f’n ass!” That dude isn’t as mild mannered as he appears to be.

There is quite a narrative going on where CFB is somehow better with a good Miami in it. I don't understand it for the life of me. I guess they are saying it's great having a villain because I can't think of any other reason. They have an opportunity to regain Florida which means they become a contender by keeping their best players. Let's see if they seize the opportunity but I don't get why CFB needs them to be good again.

Richt had a bit of a choir boy image at Georgia (there was talk about him as our head coach at one point), but he certainly is embracing the Thug U moniker at Miami.

Having played there, he's a Miami guy at heart.

There is quite a narrative going on where CFB is somehow better with a good Miami in it. I don't understand it for the life of me. I guess they are saying it's great having a villain because I can't think of any other reason. They have an opportunity to regain Florida which means they become a contender by keeping their best players. Let's see if they seize the opportunity but I don't get why CFB needs them to be good again.
Convicts vs Catholics revisited?

No sportsmanship in this “concept.” I blame the coaches for introducing this idea to the players.

It is one of the more hilarious things going on in CFB.

So long as it is lighthearted, which it seems to be, it's great.

I take much more offense to the Texas coach mocking an opposing player despite said players ridiculous celebration.

LdN

I've always respected Richt but he lost his mind yesterday with the non-hold and the turnover chain is stupid. It did motivate his guys though so I can't argue that part. Miami just isn't very good right now..ask Pitt

Some novelty distributor with Chinese manufacturer ties is making a bundle selling them to fans. Probably gold painted plastic that will wear off in one season. Here's my uneducated guess: $.57 to make, $11.99 store price.

Edit: Well I was correct on the plastic, wrong on the price. The letter is compressed foam. $31.50 on one site, but one eBay poster wants $60!

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69

I am not sure I get how it promotes bad sportsmanship, but I do have one problem with it. If you watch Miami play defense they often seem so interested in trying to create a turnover that they actually forget to tackle.

I am not sure I get how it promotes bad sportsmanship, but I do have one problem with it. If you watch Miami play defense they often seem so interested in trying to create a turnover that they actually forget to tackle.

Not to minimize Hornibrook’s performance, but I’ve never seen him dissect a defense with such ease.

Reactions: Stargellfan
We really could have used a turnover necklace or maybe even a turnover bracelet this year. Would have had so many more picks with that motivation. I can just imagine Brandon Smith all blinged out, flashing gestures at the crowd and cameras. Oh well.

We really could have used a turnover necklace or maybe even a turnover bracelet this year. Would have had so many more picks with that motivation. I can just imagine Brandon Smith all blinged out, flashing gestures at the crowd and cameras. Oh well.
rLuMtek.png

We have players that flash gestures... perhaps you missed this one:

6_7613897.PNG

Or this one:

895_h.jpg

I recall this sort of thing started with Justin King and Derrick Williams showing the "diamond" gesture from some rap song or something. Here you go, I found it:

549c1ed60bc6bc98ec87f9546a728f62--alma-mater-penn.jpg

Reactions: Bobpsu
Yeah like LdN pointed out it's not like we don't have guys doing it or have done their own thing.

I don't have an issue with it. I also don't have an issue with Wisky players and fans mocking it.

I don't have a problem with Saquons windmill. I also don't have a problem with UW players mocking it.

Richt should not have grabbed the ref and he apologized but looking at what he was upset with I can understand his frustration

Don't be so quick to pass judgment and yet get offended when others do the same to us (PSU).

Last edited:
Some novelty distributor with Chinese manufacturer ties is making a bundle selling them to fans. Probably gold painted plastic that will wear off in one season. Here's my uneducated guess: $.57 to make, $11.99 store price.

Edit: Well I was correct on the plastic, wrong on the price. The letter is compressed foam. $31.50 on one site, but one eBay poster wants $60!
So the Miami fans swing the chains around during the game and knock someone's eye out? Wonderful gimmick.

This has become a generational thing, I believe. If you are of a certain age, you want to return to the days when you ran the play, dusted yourself off, and got ready for the next one. That's not going to happen, and any amount of enforced sportsmanship is only going to make it worse. And, really, that is what it is with some of the rules: enforced sportsmanship.

I'm of the age that I wish there would be more demonstrative respect and a more humble approach. But, the game belongs to the kids, and I need to recognize that.

I will say, however, I do think some of the coaches need to set better examples for some of these young people.

I thought the chain was a great idea from a coaching standpoint because it motivated the defense to fly the ball and get after it. Watching that defense play in some ACC games was pretty impressive because of the extra juice they had to get that chain. However, as one poster put it, the chain also caused the defense to forget their fundamentals and it cost them at the end of the season.

Reactions: Anison

From a parity standpoint I get it. Even In Florida there are only so many blue chips to go around and if Miami is getting their fair share someone else isn’t. The acc has been fsu and Clemson for too long (who cares about or wants to see Clemson-Bama three years in a row?) variety is nice.

Maybe it's me. I wonder how many transcripts are being doctored to allow for some of Miami's athlete to participate. Were there any Miami players deemed ineligible??? Why does it seem that the PSU athletes are always the ones being ineligible/ or being sent home etc... Does anybody else have standards? The NCAA needs to do a better job of policing the academics of programs. By the way James Franklin is always talking about the academics of his players in pressers. I don't hear others speak of it. That's why WE ARE.

College football has evolved into something akin to professional wrestling. Heros, villains, hot women, and generally predictable results. It is entertainment and nothing more. The Turnover Chain fits the mold that college football has become. Many fans embrace the changes. Others, like me, turn their attention elsewhere. The future face of the sport will be determined by which group prevails. From what I see, it will be the former.

RIcht will do at Miami justvwhat he did at Georgia....win a lot of games except the big ones. There's a reason he got run out at Georgia. Very good coach, but not a great one.

College football has evolved into something akin to professional wrestling. Heros, villains, hot women, and generally predictable results. It is entertainment and nothing more. The Turnover Chain fits the mold that college football has become. Many fans embrace the changes. Others, like me, turn their attention elsewhere. The future face of the sport will be determined by which group prevails. From what I see, it will be the former.

Yeah probably. But college football like the rest of society changes. The older generations don't always embrace the changes in society or life.

Turnover chains? I am old enough to remember when minorities were categorically separated from playing on the same teams as non minorities.

Society changed and so did college football. Some people did not like the change in college ball or society. But both moved on.

I just think it's really stupid. I was a college athlete at one time. I try picturing my coach telling us that after a good play we get to wear a necklace for 30 seconds or dunk the ball in a garbage can or carry a pimp cane. There would have been chuckles and looks around the room. Now if the prize were a turnover pastry I would be excited.

On second thought, I guess I shouldnt be too surprised. OSU has motivated players with stickers for a long time.

Lame response. Whatever dude.

What is lame about it? I like the color black. I liked Miamis uniforms. I would make a couple of changes but I liked them. More than the Orange or white or green

I am sorry if you don't agree.

If you would like to turn this into an unending internet debate at least have the courtesy to effectively document your thoughts on the matter do I can respond.

Thanks.

What is lame about it? I like the color black. I liked Miamis uniforms. I would make a couple of changes but I liked them. More than the Orange or white or green

I am sorry if you don't agree.

If you would like to turn this into an unending internet debate at least have the courtesy to effectively document your thoughts on the matter do I can respond.

Thanks.
LMAO. Thanks.

LMAO. Thanks.
You are welcome

But if you ever get your thoughts together and are capable of adequately communicating please do so. I think you are looking for an internet argument on the matter but I cannot oblige until you are able to adequately communicate your thoughts.

Unless of course "whatever dude" or "LMAO" is the best you can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT