ADVERTISEMENT

The truth about racism among white folks

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
between Republican and Democrat parties.

The analysis I am about to offer is based on two polls.

A Gallup poll that shows (https://news.gallup.com/poll/160373/democrats-racially-diverse-republicans-mostly-white.aspx):
89% of Republican party is white
60% of Democrat party is white

And a Reuters poll that shows racial attitudes between the parties (https://slate.com/news-and-politics...clinton-supporters-are-pretty-racist-too.html):

• Roughly one-third of Trump supporters described blacks as less “intelligent” than whites, compared with about one-fifth of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 22.5 percent suggested whites were smarter than blacks.
  • 40 percent of Trump supporters described blacks as more “lazy” than whites, compared with one-quarter of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 26.8 percent suggested whites were harder working than blacks.
  • 44 percent of Trump supporters described blacks as more “rude” than whites, compared with 30 percent of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 31.3 percent said whites were more well mannered than blacks.
  • Nearly half of all Trump supporters described blacks as more “violent” than whites, compared with nearly one-third of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 32.8 percent said whites were less violent than blacks.
  • Nearly half of all Trump supporters described blacks as more “criminal” than whites, compared with nearly one-third of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 33.2 percent said whites were more lawful than blacks.

I make one basic assumption wrt the second poll. And that is that 100% of the people that responded in the negative against blacks are white. I think that is a fair assumption. I would assume any blacks that responded negatively toward themselves are few and similarly for Hispanics, although that may not as correct an assumption. Asians are such a small percentage of the parties that I view lumping them in this as insignificant.

So:
On the first question re: blacks being less intelligent
1/3rd of Trump supporters responded that blacks are less intelligent than whites. Since whites make up 89% of Republicans, this would equate to
33% divided by 89% = 37% of whites in the Republican party believe this
1/5 of Clinton supporters answered same. Since whites make up 60% of Democrats, this would equate to
20% divided by 60% = 33% of whites in the Democrat party believe this

On the second question re: blacks more lazy than whites
40% divided by 89% = 45% of whites in Republican party believe this
25% divided by 60% = 42% of whites in Democrat party believe this

On the third question re: blacks more rude than whites
44% divided by 89% = 49% of whites in Republican party believe this
30% divided by 60% = 50% of whites in Democrat party believe this

One the fourth question re: blacks more violent than whites
50% divided by 89% = 56% of whites in Republican party believe this
33% divided by 60% = 55% of whites in Democrat party believe this

On last question re: blacks more criminal than whites
50% divided by 89% = 56% of whites in Republican party believe this
33% divided by 60% = 55% of whites in Democrat party believe this

Bottom line. The racists attitudes of white folks, whether they identify as Republican or Democrat are pretty equal between the parties. On average it is
48.6% of whites in the Republican party hold some racist attitudes toward blacks
47.0% of whites in the Democrat party hold some racist attitudes toward blacks.

I think we can conclude that your party affiliation says absolutely nothing regarding one's racist attitudes. At least for white folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News