ADVERTISEMENT

The season is about a month away. PSU should have announced an event to honor Joe by now.

I've heard or maybe read that Sue sent a letter to the lettermen asking them to come back. It might be for Temple. It also might be the weekend of the Pitt game, which would suggest no official recognition is planned. Can anyone clarify?
Her letter was posted here a while ago. I have not seen anything since from the Paternos, but I'm not connected near as well as others here.

Because he's allowed to. Do you want to mandate that it's illegal by threat of force or penalty?

Go have a drink.

Being a salesman, doesn't it irritate you when after a long day of selling blenders
the Motel 6 is full and you have to spend your earnings to stay at a decent motel?

Joe hasn't been honored at a game for his numerous contributions to the university. We are approaching the 50th anniversary of Joe's first game as head coach, yet nothing, of course, has been announced by the university.

paul clifford, aka Flounder, can add disowning a legend to his list of things that make Penn State unique.

The university has already honored JVP numerous times. These honors took place over the span of his career and happened on the field in a jam packed Beaver stadium upon his achievement of win milestones, the naming of a wing of the library after him, and the creation of an eponymous ice cream flavor. He was also honored when the university provided a venue for his memorial service so that many could attend and offer their kind words and adulations. How many times do you want to honor him and for what specifically that he hasn't been honored for already?

Reactions: Osprey Lion
The university has already honored JVP numerous times. These honors took place over the span of his career and happened on the field in a jam packed Beaver stadium upon his achievement of win milestones, the naming of a wing of the library after him, and the creation of an eponymous ice cream flavor. He was also honored when the university provided a venue for his memorial service so that many could attend and offer their kind words and adulations. How many times do you want to honor him and for what specifically that he hasn't been honored for already?
Man, you're a dick!

He and his gracious family should be honored always especially for what your friends have put them through. We Are... Because He Was!

Reactions: biacto and simons96

Well gee whiz, it seems like the normal thing would be to acknowledge his contributions to Penn State in the place where he worked.

P.S. You are a dick.

AC not working again? Have you tried the Hamptons?

Hampton-Inn-Baltimore-Maryland-Complete-Package.jpg

I can't speak for the other "guys," but I really enjoyed watching #68 in action. He moved around from MG to MLB to DT and was a problem for the Maryland offense.

How did you find that? Are other such films available to be viewed? I would really love to see some games from those magical 1968-69 seasons.

Thank you very much for posting that!
Nothing special about finding it - I simply Googled September 17, 1966 ... Penn State vs Maryland and that was one of the results. I too was impressed with the different ways Reid was used. You saw him on the pass rush with (one of) the safety and then a few plays later, he was dropping back in coverage and knocking down a pass. Joe was certainly ahead of his time. I was shocked to see how inept the offense was although they just needed a few pieces to put it all together in the following 2+ years.

Reactions: indynittany
Joe hasn't been honored at a game for his numerous contributions to the university. We are approaching the 50th anniversary of Joe's first game as head coach, yet nothing, of course, has been announced by the university.

paul clifford, aka Flounder, can add disowning a legend to his list of things that make Penn State unique.
There will be no honor until the administration has honor.

Nothing special about finding it - I simply Googled September 17, 1966 ... Penn State vs Maryland and that was one of the results. I too was impressed with the different ways Reid was used. You saw him on the pass rush with (one of) the safety and then a few plays later, he was dropping back in coverage and knocking down a pass. Joe was certainly ahead of his time. I was shocked to see how inept the offense was although they just needed a few pieces to put it all together in the following 2+ years.

I remember an interview with Bobby Bowden who said that he never could grasp the defense Penn State played even after studying film and coaching against Penn State in the 70's. Now that is quite the compliment.

Reactions: kgilbert78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT