ADVERTISEMENT

the most random summertime non-wrestling post ever

I am in Louisville and when we were walking around we say a house with a yard sign saying this was lightning bug mating season so we should help them out by keeping lights off outside.

Reactions: hlstone
Sorry, who thinks Spencers carier would have been better if he came to PSU? I kid
His lighting bug carrier? Of course it would have been. Everything is better at Happy Valley. He could have run around Bald Eagle state park, Black Moshannon park, Mt Nittany trails, Whipple Dam/Rothrock state forest just to name a few spots he could have collected tons of fireflies for his carrier.

If Spencer were a lightning bug, would his glow belly ever go dark, or does he exhibit infinite illumination?

“Back in the ‘30’s, during the Great Depression, I used to take all 33 grandkids out in the bean field alongside our house and have them gather hundreds of the little buggers and put them in a mason jar. Then we’d put the jar on a corner shelf I built in the outhouse, and we’d take turns going in the dark. Ah, those were the good ol’ days.”

Last night was the first I have seen fireflies here in Erie. I had a couple dozen in the back yard. Hoping they are just slow coming ou this year.

not anymore. was working with Joe Bower the last few years. I am an PSU AE engineer with HVAC as my focus. Gannett is mostly civil and structural engineers.
It was a shot in the dark, but I have friend who has worked there 20 years and it is apparently a Penn State engineering Alumni meeting (as it should be).

For anyone really into this topic, it looks like they are trying to crowdsource firefly population monitoring:
(Link is to a Massachusetts site, but I think they want data from everywhere...)

Reactions: PSUeng
For anyone really into this topic, it looks like they are trying to crowdsource firefly population monitoring:
(Link is to a Massachusetts site, but I think they want data from everywhere...)
Thanks, I will give this a go

Reactions: nerfstate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT