ADVERTISEMENT

The more I hear about westerners going off to join ISIS ...

massimoManca II

Oct 25, 2002
Mons Veneris
The more I hope that much of this is being manufactured by our side to facilitate the insertion of agents into that group...

Think about it... Group is geographically and idealogically very distant... Inherently difficult to infiltrate... Why not Lather-up the impression that the group's rudimentary social media efforts are like an avalanche of PR and westerners are simply dropping everything to go over and join.... Meanwhile we strategically slide a few agents among these people...

Just something i think about

Back when Al-Qaeda was the enemy, you know, before even they decided ISIS was too extreme, I felt the only way to crack these groups was with the old fashioned, James McParland (McKenna) Molly Maguire-style mole. It would take some folks with some brass ones to infiltrate ISIS. That being said, I am sure there are people in our armed forces who go to bed every night dreaming about doing it.

I hope you're right. However, I'm pretty sure they will take any American or Brit that shows up with a grain of salt until they behead someone for the first time. The problem is what they do is so graphically violent and vile that most people can't just play along (much less participate) to blend in and be accepted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT