ADVERTISEMENT

The match that foreshadowed what would become iowas fate 17 years later

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
Here it is: Representative of all that would doom them in 17 years time from this match
1. Braun and pushing vs skill and style
2. Superior wrestling talent winning
3. The Iowa style failing in the face of real wrestling
4. A 74 match win streak ends
5. Iowa loses to Penn State when it counts the most

Enjoy

Here it is: Representative of all that would doom them in 17 years time from this match

Enjoy

Thanks for sharing the clip. That was an awesome match. However, I'm going to partially disagree with you. Steiner took several shots but couldn't convert. There wasn't a lot of "pushing". And its quite insulting that you would say that wasn’t "real wrestling" on Steiner's part.

The other part I will agree with you, Kolat was technically spot on and was the more skilled wrestler that day.

Edit: also, its brawn, not braun. And also, I'm not a Troy Steiner fan. He killed Fresno State wrestling.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Steiner's brother Terry got revenge about a half hour later in a heartbreaker.

Enjoy

We need that kind of officiating today.

We need that kind of officiating today.
Fred Ambrose was head and shoulders above any other ref I have ever watched. He was a pleasure to watch. Decisive and always in position. Always in control and kept the match moving. I wish he could have been cloned.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Fred Ambrose was head and shoulders above any other ref I have ever watched. He was a pleasure to watch. Decisive and always in position. Always in control and kept the match moving. I wish he could have been cloned.
Never was a Fred fan, it sometimes seemed as though he felt the fans were there to watch him and his calls.not the wrestling. The best refs aren't noticed by the fans

What I saw was Colat gassed. He was better at finishing his TDs which won him the match. I had no issue with the stall calls. It seems like rules have changed on potential danger positions since then, which would've benefited Steiner.

What I saw was Colat gassed. He was better at finishing his TDs which won him the match. I had no issue with the stall calls. It seems like rules have changed on potential danger positions since then, which would've benefited Steiner.
What I saw was Colat win. Feel free to correct me on that.

Reactions: danoftw
What I saw was Kolat gassed. He was better at finishing his TDs which won him the match....

Reading comprehension issue?
Fact issue? Guy snaps a 72 match win streak and you're out here bitching about him gassing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT