ADVERTISEMENT

The "LOOKS TEST" broke the mirror today

Day has turned O$U soft going for a pass happy offense. I said after the PSU game. ScUM clubbed them again. It’s Big 12 crap. Urban wants back in.

Worse...is that we have modeled ourselves against OSU trying to become "elite"..
.but as life usually does...the game has changed. Credit to Michigan...as much as I hate to say it. They appear to be sustainable.
Yeah the joke is on Franklin and Day as Jimmah has both of their numbers.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
This is a bit much. Just as people went too far a couple of years ago in thinking Harbaugh was a failure, now people are going crazy in the other direction because of recent success. I think he has Michigan back to being a solid program, but don't be surprised if OSU and/or PSU don't beat them next year.

This is a bit much. Just as people went too far a couple of years ago in thinking Harbaugh was a failure, now people are going crazy in the other direction because of recent success. I think he has Michigan back to being a solid program, but don't be surprised if OSU and/or PSU don't beat them next year.
I sure hope so. But their green qb came out today 8n a big game against big time competition. Our guy got some reps but is untested...there will be bumps.

I sat in Beaver Stadium and watched us almost gut out a tough win vs. UM 2 years ago only to get bi_chslapped this year. Also watched us take OSU late this year only to shut the bed on both sides of the ball late.

We Are currently well beneath both...maybe next year ( or the year after) we get ours?

I sure hope so. But their green qb came out today 8n a big game against big time competition. Our guy got some reps but is untested...there will be bumps.

I sat in Beaver Stadium and watched us almost gut out a tough win vs. UM 2 years ago only to get bi_chslapped this year. Also watched us take OSU late this year only to shut the bed on both sides of the ball late.

We Are currently well beneath both...maybe next year ( or the year after) we get ours?
SHIT the bed....needed to be clear

The difference between OSU, UM and PSU is Clifford. That’s it.

Michigan is going to be better next year and neither program match up to that style of play very well. The worry is what happens in East Lansing.

A way early prediction -- in 2023, Michigan will go 0-2 vs Penn State and Ohio State.

I really like PSU's chances -- get the Wolverines at State College, revenge a factor, and the continued influx of young talent at key positions for Penn State.

Reactions: Ohaneze and bison13
Don’t be silly.

The Sagarin ratings are not simplistic.

They may be a little off because they don’t take recruiting power into account, but they’re fine otherwise.
Except for the fact that they are very simplistic. What is the winning percentage of the teams we have beat? What is the winning percentage of the teams they beat vs. who they lost to? Here is a hint. Softest schedule of the Big Ten era. I'll wait for you to compute a realistic SOS.

Don’t be silly.

The Sagarin ratings are not simplistic.

They may be a little off because they don’t take recruiting power into account, but they’re fine otherwise.
BS, they are simple and pathetic. Like most of the trolls here that attack me for having more than simplistic opinions.

Michigan is going to be better next year and neither program match up to that style of play very well. The worry is what happens in East Lansing.
It will be interesting to see how Michigan does in the playoffs this year.

There historically is a paradox that hurts the B1G: teams win the conference by being tough, physical, ground-and-pound, but teams build for that style have trouble keeping up with the faster squads they see from other conferences in the postseason.

Reactions: lazydave841

There historically is a paradox that hurts the B1G: teams win the conference by being tough, physical, ground-and-pound, but teams build for that style have trouble keeping up with the faster squads they see from other conferences in the postseason.

I don't think Michigan can afford to get down vs UGA in the playoff. That's a game they have to keep even for as long as possible otherwise it's a repeat of last year.

TCU/USC are offensive based teams, so I'd expect both to be underdogs. Can they score on that D? Can Michigan play keep away?

They also have to play the playoffs/bowl games in the hot, humid south which they are not acclimated to. Plus, for southern teams it’s more like a home game since their fans don’t have to travel as far. And they have played in most of the stadiums used.

Michigan is built exactly like Georgia. Michigan is entering a window where they may accumulate enough talent to challenge Georgia. They didn't have it last year. It took Georgia a few years to challenge Bama. It will take Michigan a couple as well. They may not have it this year. Maybe next year. They do have the best DC in the nation, they use a flexible NFL defense (essentially what Smart installed at Bama that has kept them near the top year to year despite constant player migration) which is what we should be using and which will keep them near the top on that side of the ball. It also creates bad mismatches for offenses like ours and Ohio States. They how and the why of their domination of us this year was not a surprise nor was it a fluke. Offensively, they got better the instant Josh Gattis left.

Michigan is built exactly like Georgia. Michigan is entering a window where they may accumulate enough talent to challenge Georgia. They didn't have it last year. It took Georgia a few years to challenge Bama. It will take Michigan a couple as well. They may not have it this year. Maybe next year. They do have the best DC in the nation, they use a flexible NFL defense (essentially what Smart installed at Bama that has kept them near the top year to year despite constant player migration) which is what we should be using and which will keep them near the top on that side of the ball. It also creates bad mismatches for offenses like ours and Ohio States. They how and the why of their domination of us this year was not a surprise nor was it a fluke. Offensively, they got better the instant Josh Gattis left.
UM isn’t only team running NFL formations. Manny’s zone blitz scheme will be familiar to Steeler fans. The RPO we run is what the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, etc. run.
We have not had the QB play to be elite on O with the scheme. Let’s see how Allar does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT