ADVERTISEMENT

The BOT Gift That Keeps on Giving…

I find it very humorous that many of those complaining so much about this story not going away are the same ones saying "Never Forget!" out of the other side of their mouths. They also seem to feel the need to "educate" everyone on the "true facts". As long as this continues it ain't going away.

It continues to be used by opposing fans simply due to the reaction it receives. If there were no reaction it would disappear quickly.

Outside of Happy Valley and a few assorted fruitcakes no one really cares. And given the ageing demographic of the Joebots it will dwindle down to nothing in another 10-15 years. Joe's got his entries in the record book and that is about all the recognition he is gonna get.

I find it very humorous that many of those complaining so much about this story not going away are the same ones saying "Never Forget!" out of the other side of their mouths. They also seem to feel the need to "educate" everyone on the "true facts". As long as this continues it ain't going away.

It continues to be used by opposing fans simply due to the reaction it receives. If there were no reaction it would disappear quickly.

Outside of Happy Valley and a few assorted fruitcakes no one really cares. And given the ageing demographic of the Joebots it will dwindle down to nothing in another 10-15 years. Joe's got his entries in the record book and that is about all the recognition he is gonna get.
What a schmo. People bring it up all the time. And none of them read this board to be reminded. Be a smart ass and call people joebots for trying fight for the truth and proper justice. Doesn’t make you look better. Makes you look childish.

$hit, I thought Neanderthals like you became extinct 40 thousand yrs ago.....
I see you're back....good trick, jumping into the future.

I find it fascinating though. I've heard said, whether fair or not, you are often remembered by the last bad thing you do. So it is with history.

GFY with the “Joebots” reference, Karen. Have a nice day!

I find it fascinating though. I've heard said, whether fair or not, you are often remembered by the last bad thing you do. So it is with history.
Yep, karma is a bitch. Joe sold out to get his 409. Hope it was worth it because he paid a hell of a price for it.

• Love
Reactions: WHCANole
Yep, karma is a bitch. Joe sold out to get his 409. Hope it was worth it because he paid a hell of a price for it.
A shame indeed and I really liked him before all this although I did at the time think he had stayed too long and should have retired. I wonder if he had stepped down after getting the record over Bryant whether the scandal would have hit him as hard? Oh well.

Yep so did ' One Term Tommy ' and it cost him 4 years in the Governor's mansion! He should have treated us Joebots better and taken a little responsibility for not doing his former job, when JS supposed crimes happened under his watch.

• Love
Reactions: Cosmos and WHCANole
Except the undeniable fact that Joe didn't sell out to get 409.
Sure he did. He advised a lowering of expectations, installed his idiot son as an assistant and did his "coaching" from the pressbox. Just to get to that magic number. Joe had a huge ego, loved to get his smart-ass comments in. His mouth got him fired with insubordinate statements.

Sure he did. He advised a lowering of expectations, installed his idiot son as an assistant and did his "coaching" from the pressbox. Just to get to that magic number. Joe had a huge ego, loved to get his smart-ass comments in. His mouth got him fired with insubordinate statements.
I think this is why the BOT cancelled that presser Joe had scheduled that fateful week. Previously the year before Joe had popped off (as us old curmudgeons do :)) after the Alabama game and the press would have eaten him alive with questions about Sandusky and Joe would have popped off bad and then it would have been worse. His retirement announcement was his telling the BOT I'll tell YOU when I am ready to go. I think advanced age caused that.

Yep so did ' One Term Tommy ' and it cost him 4 years in the Governor's mansion! He should have treated us Joebots better and taken a little responsibility for not doing his former job, when JS supposed crimes happened under his watch.
I think you are right about that and that only speaks to the incredible power that Paterno had within the state. Maybe Bryant had that but no other coach I can think of had the influence of JoePa and Corbett learned the hard way.

Is it now. Allow me to introduce you to the Catholic Church. It's still open of business despite having a long-standing history of child abuse. How did pedophiles proliferate in such an august institution. Why through grooming and deception of course! Which leads to the $1M question. Why then is it far-fetched to deduce Sandusky didn't use the same tactics to fool people at PSU?? As for the Freeh investigation, the FBI doesn't exactly have the most sterling reputation after it got caught deceiving the FISA courts, now does it. Alright then. Walk like you talk.

Is it now. Allow me to introduce you to the Catholic Church. It's still open of business despite having a long-standing history of child abuse. How did pedophiles proliferate in such an august institution. Why through grooming and deception of course! Which leads to the $1M question. Why then is it far-fetched to deduce Sandusky didn't use the same tactics to fool people at PSU?? As for the Freeh investigation, the FBI doesn't exactly have the most sterling reputation after it got caught deceiving the FISA courts, now does it. Alright then. Walk like you talk.
So, Penn State will continue. But will it learn from it's mistakes? You left out one key element when you described how do pedophiles get into august institutions and that is that leadership by it's silence and inaction lets them. Sandusky was identified by a licensed Psychologist as a likely pedophile in 1998 by Alicia Chambers and she gave her report to the Penn State police! Penn State took no action and the truthers STILL say nothing was found in 1998! It was and the beat went on. This is what must be learned...and stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: KennyHeisman8
So, Penn State will continue. But will it learn from it's mistakes? You left out one key element when you described how do pedophiles get into august institutions and that is that leadership by it's silence and inaction lets them. Sandusky was identified by a certified Psychologist as a likely pedophile in 1998 by Alicia Chambers and she gave her report to the Penn State police! Penn State took no action and the truthers STILL say nothing was found in 1998! It was and the beat went on. This is what must be learned...and stopped.
You are so full of it. The police investigated and set up an undercover sting to ensnare him. They had him talk to,the mother of the a kid while they listened and he didn’t say anything that he could be charged with. And the law says any contact must be sexual in nature and they had no evidence of such. Therefore no charges were filed.

You are so full of it. The police investigated and set up an undercover sting to ensnare him. They had him talk to,the mother of the a kid while they listened and he didn’t say anything that he could be charged with. And the law says any contact must be sexual in nature and they had no evidence of such. Therefore no charges were filed.
Tom Corbett said it best about prosecuting a pillar of the community. You've got one chance and you better win or it's over after that. Gricar was an ELECTED official and Sandusky was beloved by Penn State fans and folks in State College. He didn't have enough to prosecute Sandusky then BUT Penn State had more than enough information including Chamber's report to know about and restrict Sandusky from further showering with kids on their campus and they did nothing but continue to allow him back on campus with kids. Detective Scheffler wanted to prosecute Sandusky then but the elected DA saw that case as political suicide and bowed out. Penn State could have acted though and chose not to. Kids paid.

The lesson from this? Institutions are important and often beneficial but since they are run by people they can and will be corrupted IF leaders don't check themselves. From what I've read about Spanier is that he thought himself always the smartest man in the room and if he just explained something then everyone would agree. That arrogance took him from one of the highest most respected positions in academia to jail. It's a cautionary tale to all.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
100 years from now if college football is still played some Pittiot, Iowa, or OhowIhate fan will be shouting Ped U or Sandusky’s name. Guaranteed.
Still waiting for the never ending journalistic circle jerk linking Dr. Strauss to to$u, Dr. Anderson to scUM, and Dr. Nassar to MSU. How conveniently those incidents have been forgotten.

Reactions: YogiMan71
So, Penn State will continue. But will it learn from it's mistakes? You left out one key element when you described how do pedophiles get into august institutions and that is that leadership by it's silence and inaction lets them. Sandusky was identified by a licensed Psychologist as a likely pedophile in 1998 by Alicia Chambers and she gave her report to the Penn State police! Penn State took no action and the truthers STILL say nothing was found in 1998! It was and the beat went on. This is what must be learned...and stopped.
You left out multiple key elements of the story when you conveniently ignored the facts that (1) the 1998 incident was investigated by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and the DPW investigator declined to file a report indicating child abuse; (2) the Centre County Child and Youth Services agency also investigated and also declined to file an indicated report and (3) in 1998 the Centre County District Attorney declined to prosecute the 1998 shower assault despite the ADA's view that he should.

Alycia Chambers says she called DPW's child abuse hotline, but no record of that alleged report has ever become public, and the DPW investigator said he was unaware of such a report.

There is also no record of Chambers providing her report directly to the State College PD (which had jurisdiction over Sandusky's off-campus contacts with his victims); to Centre County CYS; or to the Second Mile, the children's charity which Sandusky used to target his victims. Just to refresh your recollection, unlike Chambers PSU's AD did meet with Jack Raykovitz, the Second Mile's executive director, who did not acknowledge the import of what the AD told him. Raykovitz would not have been able to so easily dismiss the analysis and conclusions of a practicing child psychologist who had personally interviewed the victim.

As soon as DPW started its 1998 investigation, it was required to alert Second Mile to create a safety plan that would have kept Sandusky separated from children in the charity's programs. In case you've forgotten, DPW never did so.

It's not clear at all why you would hold the public agencies that have the expertise and legal authority to investigate, identify, and prosecute child abuse; a child psychologist in private practice who had knowledge of an active pedophile in the community; and a charity required to separate the abuser from his pool of victims to a lower standard of responsibility than you would a university with no particular expertise in any of those areas. Maybe virtue-signalling is necessary to make you feel better about all your own shortcomings?

It's even more mystifying why you'd come to this board to posture with the air of superior morality and wisdom while the entire Florida State community reeks with the stench of Professor Richard Feiock's decades of sexual abuse and harassment of vulnerable international students in the Askew School of Public Administration, where his grotesque behavior was public knowledge but ignored by FSU's administration for decades. It's clear you and the rest of the FSU community have learned only that the lure of rank hypocrisy is more powerful than the satisfaction of doing the right thing when your university is actively protecting a sexual predator on its payroll.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the never ending journalistic circle jerk linking Dr. Strauss to to$u, Dr. Anderson to scUM, and Dr. Nassar to MSU. How conveniently those incidents have been forgotten.
Neither does anybody talk about how OSU ran off serial murderer and poisoner Michael Swango after one of his victims lived but gave him recommendations on his way out the door that allowed him to beome a licensed doctor and continue killing instead of turning him over to the police.

I wonder why that legacy of Ohio State covering up murder is also not publicly associated with OSU anymore?

Last edited:
You left out multiple key elements of the story when you conveniently ignored the facts that (1) the 1998 incident was investigated by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and the DPW investigator declined to file a report indicating child abuse; (2) the Centre County Child and Youth Services agency also investigated and also declined to file an indicated report and (3) in 1998 the Centre County District Attorney declined to prosecute the 1998 shower assault despite the ADA's view that he should.
You are mistaken on several points which I will address. I have explained why the DA neglected to file charges in 1998 but that in no way excuses Penn State from enacting policies that would have prevented Jerry Sandusky from abusing more boys on their campus. What was clear was that Penn State was told by a licensed Psychologist that Jerry Sandusky was a likely pedophile in 1998.
Alycia Chambers says she called DPW's child abuse hotline, but no record of that alleged report has ever become public, and the DPW investigator said he was unaware of such a report.
She did indeed call the Hotline and that brought in Jerry Lauro.
There is also no record of Chambers providing her report directly to the State College PD (which had jurisdiction over Sandusky's off-campus contacts with his victims); to Centre County CYS; or to the Second Mile, the children's charity which Sandusky used to target his victims. Just to refresh your recollection, PSU's AD *did* meet with Jack Raykovitz, the Second Mile's executive director, who did not acknowledge the import of what the AD told him. Raykovitz would not have been able to so easily dismiss the analysis and conclusions of a practicing child psychologist who had personally interviewed the victim.
There is such a record and it was part of the police report that Penn State hid in the admin files to keep it from being found by the media. She gave the report to Detective Scheffler and that has been widely and correctly reported. Chambers only needed ethically to give her report to the Penn State University Police which she did and it then became their responsibility to take further action or share it as they needed to. They did not do so. Curley met with Raykovitz in 2001 not 1998. Second Mile had no knowledge of 1998 until the indictment of Sandusky. Curley exonerated Raykovitz at Spanier's trial by saying that he told Jack nothing. Curley had to maintain the fiction. He couldn't say he told Spanier it was nothing but then told Raycovitz is was something. His ploy failed. He tried the same trick at Spanier's trial when he pled guilty and then got amnesia in front of his supporters to save face, that is why he got the most jail time according to the judge.
As soon as DPW started its 1998 investigation, it was required to alert Second Mile to create a safety plan that would have kept Sandusky separated from children in the charity's programs. In case you've forgotten, DPW never did so.

It's not clear at all why you would hold the public agencies that have the expertise and legal authority to investigate, identify, and prosecute child abuse; a child psychologist in private practice who had knowledge of an active pedophile in the community; and a charity required to separate the abuser from his pool of victims to a lower standard of responsibility than you would a university with no particular expertise in any of those areas. Maybe virtue-signalling is necessary to make you feel better about all your own shortcomings?
I hold Penn State's leadership accountable for the cover up of Sandusky's crimes as I think it important for the higher up for once to be held to account. Often the lower level folks are blamed and punished and the whistle blowers attacked (McQueary) and the big shots get off. But not this time. We all have shortcomings but it fascinates me how some tie their lives to a football program, coach and school to the extent that they will ignore wrongdoing by said folk.
It's even more mystifying why you'd come to this board to posture with the air of superior morality and wisdom while the entire Florida State community reeks with the stench of Professor Richard Feiock's decades of sexual abuse and harassment of vulnerable international students in the Askew School of Public Administration, where his grotesque behavior was public knowledge but ignored by FSU's administration for decades. It's clear you and the rest of the FSU community have learned only that the lure of rank hypocrisy is more powerful than the satisfaction of doing the right thing when your university is actively protecting a sexual predator on its payroll.
I'm not familiar with the case you mention but to my knowledge no FSU administrators went to jail for covering it up. Secondly, I am not defending this guy and trying to pretend it didn't happen either so I am not a hypocrite. These situations (Sandusky) exist in some form throughout most all large powerful institutions. The lesson from Penn State, Roman Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts is that you must be on the lookout for such and not cover them up to protect yourself as it makes the eventual accounting much more painful to all. So, this punishment of Spanier and Curley and Schultz is long overdue. What school it happens at should not be the issue. Two wrongs don't make a right. I come here to offer a counter narrative to the fictional truther narrative that a minority have adopted. A lie not challenged may become accepted as true.

Last edited:
Niether doe anybody talk about how OSU ran off serial murderer and poisoner Michael Swango after one of his victims lived but gave him recommendations on his way out the door that allowed him to beome a licensed doctor and continue killing instead of turning him over to the police.

I wonder why that legacy of Ohio State covering up murder is also not publicly associated with OSU anymore?
Probably because these individuals were not held up repeatedly and arrogantly to the public as paragons of virtue? As in We Are! Better than you?

So I just bought the Sunday Pittsburgh Tribune and guess what the headline was? If you guessed Sandusky must have just been a lucky guess.

His photo with headline front and center. And full page one page three.

Must be the editors and reporters read these threads otherwise they would have completely forgotten about it by now......SMH.

We’ll, if that’s the case then Joe should be remembered for doing exactly what he should have, with the information he was given, in his role, at that time !!

So we’ll keep pluggin’ until that grave injustice is righted.

If it’s not just shows there’s a lotta bad people out there using their political power to create and maintain a false narrative about Joe - it will NEVER 👎🏻 be the truth though - that you can be sure of !

Last edited:
We’ll, if that’s the case then Joe should be remembered for doing exactly what he should have, with the information he was given, in his role, at that time !!

So we’ll keep pluggin’ until that grave injustice is righted.

If it’s not just shows there’s a lotta bad people out there using their political power to create and maintain a false narrative about Joe - it will NEVER 👎🏻 be the truth though - that you can be sure of !
I'm not sure the truth is with you but the passion sure is. I guess that is somewhat admirable? Fascinating that a football coach can inspire that.

I'm not sure the truth is with you but the passion sure is. I guess that is somewhat admirable? Fascinating that a football coach can inspire that.
Well, he was far more than a football coach. Guess you don’t understand that since most other schools hire just football coaches.

Joe always emphasized education first. He knew for the vast majority of players football was a gateway to education and a better life. He also emphasized citizenship and responsibility and used his players as examples for the rest of the student body. He also donated millions of his own money to the library system, raised money for many other causes, and helped drive the university to excel. His ideals inspired many top students and professors to matriculate at PSU.

Without him the school would most likely never have grown as it did. The image he helped create drove its growth and national reputation.

Reactions: Achowalogan
Well, he was far more than a football coach. Guess you don’t understand that since most other schools hire just football coaches.

Joe always emphasized education first. He knew for the vast majority of players football was a gateway to education and a better life. He also emphasized citizenship and responsibility and used his players as examples for the rest of the student body. He also donated millions of his own money to the library system, raised money for many other causes, and helped drive the university to excel. His ideals inspired many top students and professors to matriculate at PSU.

Without him the school would most likely never have grown as it did. The image he helped create drove its growth and national reputation.
Well said and I can't disagree. That was his image that I remember prior to this scandal. I think that is why the public and the media came down so hard on him while they haven't on say the Larry Nasser scandal. Nasser was a relative nobody but Paterno was the icon. The higher you are the longer the fall. I think he realized that in the end but too late (at least according to Pozanski). Joe was held to a high standard because he preached it and appeared to live it. You are right in that at Penn State he was far far more than just the football coach. But that also explains why we would expect him to do more than pass the buck in order to stop a monster who was abusing kids.

Any guesses who this wack hole is? He seems to think he is the paragon of virtue and there was a coverup. Is it disgraced Louis Freeh? Mr PornFina? One term Tommy?

Any guesses who this wack hole is? He seems to think he is the paragon of virtue and there was a coverup. Is it disgraced Louis Freeh? Mr PornFina? One term Tommy?
With his ‘nole’ moniker he is probably one of Bowden’s kids....pissed that Joe is recognized as the winningest coach in college football history.

Last edited:
So I just bought the Sunday Pittsburgh Tribune and guess what the headline was? If you guessed Sandusky must have just been a lucky guess.

His photo with headline front and center. And full page one page three.

Must be the editors and reporters read these threads otherwise they would have completely forgotten about it by now......SMH.
The LA article was from Pittsburgh, so there’s that.

Well said and I can't disagree. That was his image that I remember prior to this scandal. I think that is why the public and the media came down so hard on him while they haven't on say the Larry Nasser scandal. Nasser was a relative nobody but Paterno was the icon. The higher you are the longer the fall. I think he realized that in the end but too late (at least according to Pozanski). Joe was held to a high standard because he preached it and appeared to live it. You are right in that at Penn State he was far far more than just the football coach. But that also explains why we would expect him to do more than pass the buck in order to stop a monster who was abusing kids.
The reason that Sandusky was all over the drive-by media was that Paterno was a nationally recognized name that would generate ratings, and therefore, dollars. It wasn’t due to any perceived moral superiority. Your argument has more holes than F$U’s defense.

Oh by the way, another scandal that has seemingly disappeared along with another NCAA Basketball Tournament cash cow’s scandal (UNC).

Sorry bud
I work in the system (child welfare) and the truth is absolutely with me - not an opinion here

had to rewrite all our rules after this (meaning “I” rewrote them). I can tell you just like Mavericks Dad in Top 🔝 Gun - “He did it right” !

Oh please…just stick it with your fake moralizing. Joe was a good man who did what he should have done, which is even more evident given the post-scandal NCAA policies that determined that a coach should do what Joe did…AND NO MORE…for legal and moral reasons.

Admit it…you’re just butt-hurt that JVP smoked Bobby’s win record…and doing it with “student” athletes.

Reactions: colt21
Oh please…just stick it with your fake moralizing. Joe was a good man who did what he should have done, which is even more evident given the post-scandal NCAA policies that determined that a coach should do what Joe did…AND NO MORE…for legal and moral reasons.

Admit it…you’re just butt-hurt that JVP smoked Bobby’s win record…and doing it with “student” athletes.
I am sure that Bobby is more than happy to let Joe have the record and the infamy of the scandal along with it. Sandusky is the asterisk besides 409.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT