ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for the support

Just wanted to to say thank you to everyone for the support and prayers. This is the worst thing that a person can go through but the love and prayers I have received from my Penn State family has greatly helped. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. - Brandon Short

We are with you Brandon!

I and all the board members want you to stay strong at this trying time sir.

Why doesn’t this thread have more well-wishes? A former PSU All American posts here and it gets fewer responses than the turkey population around Bellefonte (or some other random ass thing).

Reactions: sgw107
There aren't adequate words to convey the horror of this. I'm a father and one of my daughters is expecting. I can't imagine...
Brandon, I'm grieving for you and your family.

Your grief is unimaginable and words alone can not begin to express the mutual sorry we feel for you, your family and friends. Praying for peace and comfort during this period of grieving, one that doesn't end, only slowly reduces. Also praying for the justice you deserve, finding and prosecuting the convict who did this atrocity. WE ARE with you.

Sorry to hear this Brandon. You won’t remember this, but many years ago after your PSU career, you approached me in a crowd in Charlotte, NC and introduced yourself to me because I was wearing a PSU hat. You made quite an impression on me and my non-PSU friends that day. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I can’t imagine.

Just wanted to to say thank you to everyone for the support and prayers. This is the worst thing that a person can go through but the love and prayers I have received from my Penn State family has greatly helped. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. - Brandon Short

WHAT??? I must have been on Mars. This is the first I've heard of this. I have a daughter too and you are right. I can't think of anything worse than this. HORRIBLE News. I don't even know what to write when I hear things like this because it makes me so mad, I'll write things that I shouldn't at a time like this. All I will say is that I hope they catch whoever did this and he gets what's coming to him.

I feel so bad for you and your family. God Bless you and God Bless your daughter and granddaughter. It's people like you that make me feel proud to be a Penn Stater. I'm sure your daughter and granddaughter are in a better place, and are looking down proudly on what a fantastic father they have.

May God TRULY Bless you all.

I too lost my daughter a few years ago. I agree that I cannot imagine anything worse. Your pain is my pain as I relapsed while reading about your loss. Honestly, life becomes a form of living hell for quite some time. Keep a small circle close to you and stay strong. Cocoon. Covid was actually great for us in that regard. In time you will reach a point where you no longer feel like you are being electrocuted. I dressed each morning in her room and got my crying out alone in private. Allow yourself to wallow...those who truly understand get it. Those who "can't imagine" truly can't. From there your path will emerge. I just painted my daughter's room in PSU colors and am making it my office. Her door is decorated the same as when she left it for her freshman year in college. I'll have a shelf dedicated to my best memories of our life together. Through all of the torture the loss of our baby girl has given me one bit of clarity about life: We are here to love and be loved. There is nothing more that matters. You will find a common bond with others who have our affliction. Godspeed to you and your family. The sun will eventually shine bright and you will feel your daughters light.

I too lost my daughter a few years ago. I agree that I cannot imagine anything worse. Your pain is my pain as I relapsed while reading about your loss. Honestly, life becomes a form of living hell for quite some time. Keep a small circle close to you and stay strong. Cocoon. Covid was actually great for us in that regard. In time you will reach a point where you no longer feel like you are being electrocuted. I dressed each morning in her room and got my crying out alone in private. Allow yourself to wallow...those who truly understand get it. Those who "can't imagine" truly can't. From there your path will emerge. I just painted my daughter's room in PSU colors and am making it my office. Her door is decorated the same as when she left it for her freshman year in college. I'll have a shelf dedicated to my best memories of our life together. Through all of the torture the loss of our baby girl has given me one bit of clarity about life: We are here to love and be loved. There is nothing more that matters. You will find a common bond with others who have our affliction. Godspeed to you and your family. The sun will eventually shine bright and you will feel your daughters light.

That was beautifully written. You have a perspective on this that most of us don't. May God bless and comfort you and Brandon.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pain is unimaginable and I pray that you find the strength and peace to make it through this difficult time. I also pray that those responsible are brought to justice and pay the ultimate price.

Why doesn’t this thread have more well-wishes? A former PSU All American posts here and it gets fewer responses than the turkey population around Bellefonte (or some other random ass thing).
First saw this post when it had only a couple replies. Stared at the screen for ten minutes trying to think of something to write that would ease the family’s pain or somehow help them through this tragedy.

Couldn’t find the words then. Still can’t..........

Hope they find whoever did it and bring the guilty party to justice, Mr. Short. RIP to your daughter and the little one. Keep coming back here or to wherever all us Message Boreds may migrate to for updates, sir.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pain is unimaginable and I pray that you find the strength and peace to make it through this difficult time. I also pray that those responsible are brought to justice and pay the ultimate price.
There was another thread with dozens of well wishers. I saw Brandon’s post, this thread, when I did a search after seeing his tweet about his need for mobile phone records. I am on this site a lot, too much, and never saw this thread until I did that search. I am not sure why it didn’t get a lot of exposure

Brandon

Like Spinmeister a few posts above, the words escape me to adequately express how badly I feel for you at this time.

Somehow we need to have the faith that Karli and her little one are with our loving and gracious God and that we will see her again in paradise.

Praying that you find justice. The news that Tmobile has released the data is a positive.

Reactions: creamery freak
Sorry to hear about this terrible news, Brandon. Millions of Penn State fans are sending positive thoughts for you..

Love you Brandon #43

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT