ADVERTISEMENT

TeVeyon Henderson

Yeah he is awesome and they have an offensive line that opens holes for him, its amazing to watch

The kid is really good. Saquan went off against them a couple years ago, and we may get some of that coming back at us this year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The kid is really good. Saquan went off against them a couple years ago, and we may get some of that coming back at us this year.
Because J.K. and company haven't been going off on us pretty much every other year anyway?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Blake Corum of Michigan. Henderson and Corum's styles are so alike, it's scary. I think it's safe to say that both are future 1st round picks

This may be blasphemous, but I think he moves like Saquon. He has the same burst of speed at the line of scrimmage and that little hop to avoid a tackle.

This may be blasphemous, but I think he moves like Saquon. He has the same burst of speed at the line of scrimmage and that little hop to avoid a tackle.
I remember reading this spring that he was being called "Baby Saquon" for that reason. Henderson probably more complete at the same age, but it'll be hard to match Saquon's explosiveness.

And we still lost
If I remember correctly, Saquon was open late in the game on the edge for a pass and would looked like an easy touchdown to tie or go ahead, and our QB-McSorley I beleive, didn't see him. We settled for a FG and never got closer and OSU poured it on.

If I remember correctly, Saquon was open late in the game on the edge for a pass and would looked like an easy touchdown to tie or go ahead, and our QB-McSorley I beleive, didn't see him. We settled for a FG and never got closer and OSU poured it on.
Plus Saquon had a 50 yard TD called back on a hold, since we are the only team in the BIG that gets called for holding every game.

The worst part about Henderson is that I honestly thought that we were going to land him. He is awesome.

Reactions: kevin310
Just from highlights he reminds me a bit of Marcus DuPree. Although I think Dupree was a bit bigger.
Many will claim that DuPree was the greatest HS RB ever - he was simply unstoppable. Wouldn't put Henderson in his class yet. Dupree wasn't too shabby in college either

Reactions: bison13
Imagine if Dupree stayed at OU all four years (unlikely I know) but his senior year he would have been the featured back in Switzer’s option attack lead by Jamelle Holieway, that beat PSU for the MNC.

Poor coaching

Imagine if Dupree stayed at OU all four years (unlikely I know) but his senior year he would have been the featured back in Switzer’s option attack lead by Jamelle Holieway, that beat PSU for the MNC.
The best that never was - great 30 for 30 on him. Could have had millions bad for bad decisions and injuries.

Hermes. Unstoppable. No one like him. Our LBs won't see him go by.
T-Rex will, at least once, come flying at him full bore, only to just miss the massive, ESPN-highlight worthy hit but, of course, NOT wrap up and miss the tackle. Hopefully someone else on the D will back him up.

Reactions: KC-KS-Lion
Illinois ran for 350 + on us with a shitty OL, an average RB and absolutely NO passing threat at all. Pry has got his work cut out for him this weekend.

Reactions: MacNit07
Chuck Muncie from Cal . , O.J. Simpson.

Favors the left side, he will kill us, Matador Smith will miss more this week than against Illinois.

It is all too much, we won't be able to drop Brisk down to help with run game as they have tools to go up top. A very powerful attack. Don't like this match-up one bit.

Nick Singleton has all the tools to be just as special. Still a year away, but hopefully on campus early in 2022.

Singleton is a really, really good prospect.

The advantage Henderson has is running behind a massive, elite O-line. Not taking anything away from him -- he'd be a stud on any team. But OSU's zone running scheme + that O-line is a RB's dream. Throw in the best WR room in America to keep defenses honest, and it's not hard to see why Henderson is getting Heisman talk.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
This term gets thrown around a lot, but potentially a "generational" talent. The best running back the Big Ten has seen since Saquon (no offense, Jonathan Taylor) and Ohio State's best since Zeke.

Reactions: Al_Tuna
This term gets thrown around a lot, but potentially a "generational" talent. The best running back the Big Ten has seen since Saquon (no offense, Jonathan Taylor) and Ohio State's best since Zeke.
Yeah, I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to these things. But I agree.

Every time he touches the ball, you think he might go the distance. He's averaging 9 yards per carry. He's 2nd nationally in TD's and only has 87 total touches.

He's averaging about 9 carries per game. The one time he got 20+, he rushed for 277 against Tulsa.

We seem to be keeping him in bubble wrap.

I think Saquan and Zeke were the 2 best RBs in the B1G this century. They're both backing it up with really good - solid NFL careers. That's why I'm in a "wait and see" mode on Henderson. He still has to do it over time to be compared to those guys. But yeah, his stutter step sure reminds many of Saquan

Yeah, I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to these things. But I agree.

Every time he touches the ball, you think he might go the distance. He's averaging 9 yards per carry. He's 2nd nationally in TD's and only has 87 total touches.

He's averaging about 9 carries per game. The one time he got 20+, he rushed for 277 against Tulsa.

We seem to be keeping him in bubble wrap.
It's smart to keep him fresh. Hell, even their 4th string RB -- Evan Pryor -- looks to be legit. No sense in putting too much on Henderson's shoulders unless it's necessary with the RB depth they have.

Plus, with Olave and Wilson leaving next year, I suspect OSU's offense will feature the run more and give Henderson a chance to put up monster numbers.

T-Rex will, at least once, come flying at him full bore, only to just miss the massive, ESPN-highlight worthy hit but, of course, NOT wrap up and miss the tackle. Hopefully someone else on the D will back him up.
Maybe it will be his coming out party when his team really could use him, being in position, wrapping up on tackles and not dropping a give-me interception....or we're better off with a first year starter at his position next year.

Maybe it will be his coming out party when his team really could use him, being in position, wrapping up on tackles and not dropping a give-me interception....or we're better off with a first year starter at his position next year.
Will the real T-Rex please raise your hand? Hey you, #12, is that your hand in the air? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT