ADVERTISEMENT

Teske Entered At 57 KG

Hopefully he doesn't get arrested in Vegas either. Being too heavy or getting arrested both would result on Brody not being our 125 next year!

Not to pick a fight, but, cutting to 57kg once for a freestyle tourney is not the equivalent as cutting to 125 from November thru late March a total of 18+ times.

Exhibit A - ask any of the Pokes in Stillwater who have gone 4 years without seeing a cheeseburger.

Not to pick a fight, but, cutting to 57kg once for a freestyle tourney is not the equivalent as cutting to 125 from November thru late March a total of 18+ times.

Exhibit A - ask any of the Pokes in Stillwater who have gone 4 years without seeing a cheeseburger.
just stop with the cheeseburger jokes. The more the wrestlers eat, the harder it is for me to get one. So...

I don't believe it is even a tough cut. I have only second hand knowledge, but it has been credible second hand knowledge in the past.

I've said it before here. If the guy I saw at scuffle suddenly can't make 125, then there's no hope to ever predict who can. He was small next to 125s. To think now he cannot just blows my mind.

Reactions: fronk71 and Tjsch1
It seems to me unless Parker surgery does not heal correctly, we have Teske/Parker going 125/133 and Bravo Young maybe taking Redshirt. All would change if Gross comes in at 133. Spoke to a kid that would have some knowledge and sounds like Gross is between Penn State and Wisconsin with 141 being considered.

It seems to me unless Parker surgery does not heal correctly, we have Teske/Parker going 125/133 and Bravo Young maybe taking Redshirt. All would change if Gross comes in at 133. Spoke to a kid that would have some knowledge and sounds like Gross is between Penn State and Wisconsin with 141 being considered.
Parker is supposedly coming in as a 125. I thought maybe 33 as well,but my "source" is friends with Matt and he says 125. Of course my "source" has been off on subjects like his own weight class before, lol, so take it for what it's worth. What may be a plan in April doesn't always pan out come November.

Weight discussions like this one, most often, are speculative at best. The eyeball test rules the day, or maybe second/third hand info, not very accurate tools. Good discussion if playing what-if for the upcoming season, though for anything tangible, it's ok to sit back and let things happen, at least that's my view. I quite enjoy the unknowns and watching them play out through the season. I also quite enjoy the off-season guessing games. What weight class will Zahid go? Anyone?

Weight discussions like this one, most often, are speculative at best. The eyeball test rules the day, or maybe second/third hand info, not very accurate tools. Good discussion if playing what-if for the upcoming season, though for anything tangible, it's ok to sit back and let things happen, at least that's my view. I quite enjoy the unknowns and watching them play out through the season. I also quite enjoy the off-season guessing games. What weight class will Zahid go? Anyone?

Zahid is going to go at 165 so his brother can stop cutting so much weight and go at 174. :rolleyes:

I think Zahid goes to 184, I don't know how he would make 174 again. He makes Mark Hall look small.

Zahid is going to go at 165 so his brother can stop cutting so much weight and go at 174. :rolleyes:

Now that Anthony is registered for the US Open at 163 pounds maybe the "OMG Zahid won't move up to let his starving brother in the lineup!" narrative will finally stop. Probably not though...

Scale's don't lie ... :).
Especially since a split second before Zahid was applied to the scale, the scale had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal Departments of Weights and Measures, to be dead-on balls accurate. Here's the certificate of validation ... :)

The starving his brother narrative is too fun to stop. Besides, sometimes scales do lie. I swear my bathroom scale is off by 10 pounds (or more). :rolleyes:

According to my coaches, you could "cheat" a half a pound on the old non-digital scales by standing near the front of it.

I'm watching him in the round of 16 and I think the original assessment of "lifetime 125 who needs a little time to grow into the weight" is still operative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT