ADVERTISEMENT

TenorHallTerror: WTF is going on with DC's Film Universe?

yeah let's not panic just yet . . .

giphy.gif

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

Cautiously optimistic; nice to hear though. Fans and critics often have different takes on things and to be honest WW's trailer got me way more excited than the one for BvS (though I also love SS's trailer and hated the last third of that movie).

Anyway, seems like a good thread for this news: Looks like Matt Reeves (Planet of the Apes) will direct the solo Batman movie. Will see how this goes....

Also, word is Lego Batman director Chris McKay will be bringing Nightwing to the big screen for the DCU; not sure how I feel about this. Outside of Robin, I never cared at all for any of Batman's sidekicks. Nightwing always struck me as Batman-light and he just never moved the needle. Will see though - if anything, I think most will agree McKay has a pretty good grasp of the Batman source material.

For some Marvel movie news (the sad kind), looks like Simon Kinberg (writer, X-Men Apocalypse) may write and direct the next X-Men movie for Fox (which is, I'm hoping, a true/faithful adaptation of 'The Dark Phoenix' Saga). His work hasn't done much for me, but maybe as a director he'll get to shine. One of the best X-Men stories ever so they can't f*** this up like that amateur Ratner did with The Last Stand.

Cautiously optimistic; nice to hear though. Fans and critics often have different takes on things and to be honest WW's trailer got me way more excited than the one for BvS (though I also love SS's trailer and hated the last third of that movie).

Anyway, seems like a good thread for this news: Looks like Matt Reeves (Planet of the Apes) will direct the solo Batman movie. Will see how this goes....

Also, word is Lego Batman director Chris McKay will be bringing Nightwing to the big screen for the DCU; not sure how I feel about this. Outside of Robin, I never cared at all for any of Batman's sidekicks. Nightwing always struck me as Batman-light and he just never moved the needle. Will see though - if anything, I think most will agree McKay has a pretty good grasp of the Batman source material.

For some Marvel movie news (the sad kind), looks like Simon Kinberg (writer, X-Men Apocalypse) may write and direct the next X-Men movie for Fox (which is, I'm hoping, a true/faithful adaptation of 'The Dark Phoenix' Saga). His work hasn't done much for me, but maybe as a director he'll get to shine. One of the best X-Men stories ever so they can't f*** this up like that amateur Ratner did with The Last Stand.

I'm still mad this defining panel of Wolverine hasn't made it into any of the X-Men films:

132-wolverine-alone.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I'm still mad this defining panel of Wolverine hasn't made it into any of the X-Men films:

132-wolverine-alone.jpg

Yeah, yeah... Just have to hope that at some point, Fox will *have* to give up the X-Men rights to Marvel Studios. Or, maybe this could pop up on Legion since the setting seems right. I will say I can't wait to see Logan in a couple weeks - looks amazing!

One thing I'll give the DCU credit for is re-creating iconic comic panels in their movies. These are my two favorite:

The Dark Knight Returns in BvS:

batman-dark-knight-returns-miller.jpg

And Alex Ross's 'Harley Quinn' cover re-created in Suicide Squad:

13658629_1237797176250623_1685404370_n.jpg

Yeah, yeah... Just have to hope that at some point, Fox will *have* to give up the X-Men rights to Marvel Studios. Or, maybe this could pop up on Legion since the setting seems right. I will say I can't wait to see Logan in a couple weeks - looks amazing!

One thing I'll give the DCU credit for is re-creating iconic comic panels in their movies. These are my two favorite:

The Dark Knight Returns in BvS:

batman-dark-knight-returns-miller.jpg

And Alex Ross's 'Harley Quinn' cover re-created in Suicide Squad:

13658629_1237797176250623_1685404370_n.jpg

well Hugh Jackman has hinted he would be open to playing Wolverine again for Deadpool or Avengers movies . . .

Yeah loved the Suicide Squad nod to Ross . . . gawd, remember his tabloid sized renditions of Superman? Epic art work.

and I could go on all day about Snyder's work on re creating the Watchman story boards . . . or Roriguez's masterful work on the Sin City movies . . .

well Hugh Jackman has hinted he would be open to playing Wolverine again for Deadpool or Avengers movies . . .

Yeah loved the Suicide Squad nod to Ross . . . gawd, remember his tabloid sized renditions of Superman? Epic art work.

and I could go on all day about Snyder's work on re creating the Watchman story boards . . . or Roriguez's masterful work on the Sin City movies . . .

What happened to Snyder? I LOVED Watchmen. Remarkable feat of storytelling given the biblical significance/reverence of the source material. Casting was perfect for that film. Of course, casting hasn't been the issue with the DCU - everyone has been pretty great to be honest. Their issues lie further up the food chain.

What happened to Snyder? I LOVED Watchmen. Remarkable feat of storytelling given the biblical significance/reverence of the source material. Casting was perfect for that film. Of course, casting hasn't been the issue with the DCU - everyone has been pretty great to be honest. Their issues lie further up the food chain.

I agree. Been saying that since Man of Steel. Visually stunning, bit of a snooze fest.

I hate everything that Ranter touches, he's horrible.
That being said I wasn't too thrilled, ok I thought it was a complete mess, of Singer's Days of the Future Passed crap fest.
I am hearing good things though about Logan.

That being said I wasn't too thrilled, ok I thought it was a complete mess, of Singer's Days of the Future Passed crap fest.

have you seen the "Rogue" cut of DOFP? adds one minor storyline with Rogue/Magneto that makes the entire movie a little easier to follow

Singer is a good director but his good karma from The Usual Suspects (which is a near perfect/flawless movie) is up. He peaked with X2 and I thought Matthew Vaughn as heir apparent was a great choice (as evidenced by First Class). Too bad he passed on Last Stand, though it's obvious now he knows a bad script when he sees one.

The X-Men need a re-boot in a bad way. Start with Deadpool's creative team, throw in Mangold, and go from there.

Singer is a good director but his good karma from The Usual Suspects (which is a near perfect/flawless movie) is up. He peaked with X2 and I thought Matthew Vaughn as heir apparent was a great choice (as evidenced by First Class). Too bad he passed on Last Stand, though it's obvious now he knows a bad script when he sees one.

The X-Men need a re-boot in a bad way. Start with Deadpool's creative team, throw in Mangold, and go from there.

oh hell yeah

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT