ADVERTISEMENT

Team left today for AZ via HIA

My guess is the players were allowed to visit home for a few days before heading west. For most of them it's more convenient to catch the flight at MDT than it is to go to SCE.

Could be plane size ... just a quick glance but that looked like a 767 or 777 (no winglets)

I didn t think UP can handle anything bigger than 757

HOW runway is 10k ft

Reactions: jim cummings
Nice to see the old Penn State lion logo as part of the Fiesta Bowl insignia. Wonder what caused them to use that one - my favorite - versus the current logo?

This is correct.

I'm so pissed i put in that 767 .. I knew it was triple 7 based on the tail but I thought the engine maybe was distorted looking through the glass so I threw the 767 out there ...

Checking back seeing that tweet about it being the first 777 at HIA. Odd I would have guess FedEx has had one land there

Last edited:
Quick trivia question-what airline did the 1986 team charter for the Fiesta Bowl against Miami? And type of aircraft?

TWA 747

*mic drop*

Now on to the Lightning Round: please tell me the make/model charter buses the Lions took from the airport back to State College

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
Well hell. my first thought was they were going to AZ via Hawaii.

Now that would be an interesting route.

Assuming you mean from Harrisburg -Fullington Trailways Prevost.

Not a Prevost... here's a hint
IMG_3291_zpspe5gvkyt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/Msocash/media/IMG_3291_zpspe5gvkyt.jpg.html][/URL]

Air Force 1 has landed at UP airport.

Yes it has because any plane that carries the President call sign is changed to Air Force 1.

The plane that carried Obama to UP was actually The VP plane and a military version 757.

747-400 at 30% fuel requires a runway nearly 7k feet according to wiki to land Maybe it came to rest in the field ...

Reactions: dcf4psu
The first 777 for Harrisburg International.

A 777. That's a pretty-big-ass airplane. Although, slightly smaller than the 747 they took down to Jacksonville for the Alligator Bowl a couple years ago.

So either (1) down-sizing the amount of University officials who go on these Bowl junkets, or (2) more likely, United isn't using their 747's at all any more, even for charters.

A 777. That's a pretty-big-ass airplane. Although, slightly smaller than the 747 they took down to Jacksonville for the Alligator Bowl a couple years ago.

So either (1) down-sizing the amount of University officials who go on these Bowl junkets, or (2) more likely, United isn't using their 747's at all any more, even for charters.

United no longer using their 747 airframes; last flight was in November

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...ines-final-boeing-747-flight-today/838922001/

I see they currently have 88 triple-sevens in the United fleet**

https://m.planespotters.net/airline/United-Airlines

Last edited:
Reactions: michnittlion

United retired all remaining 747-400 in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT