ADVERTISEMENT

Sutherland charged with accidently firing bullet into residence

Lovely.

What the f*ck is a college kid doing with a gun in Happy Valley?

stupid.gif

Reactions: john4psu and bdgan
Ugh. Seemed like a responsible kid.
Maybe there’s an explanation, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

• Sad
Reactions: PSUfiji
100%

This is the crap that has to be dealt with swiftly/firmly. Maybe he thought the long hair letter guy was gonna come get him.🙄

Just a total embarrassment.😤

Maybe the NRA can now sponsor him.🙄
Or thugs who do not care about "gun laws" and will still get guns and break the law can sponsor him. Sounds more likely.

Ugh. Seemed like a responsible kid.
Maybe there’s an explanation, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
It's not like he was running around waving a gun and it went off. From reports I've seen/read, Sutherland had very little experience handling a gun. A friend had one and decided to let Sutherland shoot it to see what it was like. They were shooting into a wooded area which they thought would be safe. Unfortunately a condo complex was on the other side of the woods. Of course it was their responsibility to know what was beyond the target. There was no intent. That's why the most serious charge was just an M3 criminal mischief since the damage was in excess of $500. I'd bet the M3 will be dropped if Sutherland makes restitution prior to or at the preliminary hearing.

It's not like he was running around waving a gun and it went off. From reports I've seen/read, Sutherland had very little experience handling a gun. A friend had one and decided to let Sutherland shoot it to see what it was like. They were shooting into a wooded area which they thought would be safe. Unfortunately a condo complex was on the other side of the woods. Of course it was their responsibility to know what was beyond the target. There was no intent. That's why the most serious charge was just an M3 criminal mischief since the damage was in excess of $500. I'd bet the M3 will be dropped if Sutherland makes restitution prior to or at the preliminary hearing.
Wow. a rational post on the BWcrazy board. Idk what to think

Of all people, you’d think Sutherland would be motivated to live down the stereotype. petersen is a prick, but in his prick way, he’s probably having a good laugh.
You’d think he could at least try to not do something so stupid….just a thought.

You’d think he could at least try to not do something so stupid….just a thought.

You’d think.

I’m all for the right to bear arms, but I still am curious why a college kid, especially one likely to find himself in the media crosshairs, feels the need to carry in Central PA. Those mean streets of Patton…

Facts? What the hell are those!?!

Where in the name of Sweet Jesus did he find ammo? You’d never see this happen where I live.

All of you are quick to judge without all the facts. One fact is kids do stupid things sometimes. I guess none of you ever did something that was stupid that you regretted doing as you got older. All of you jurors quit making judgements on the kid and let the process play out. Misdemeanor calls for maybe one game suspension at best and he will learn from this incident.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU621 and Ski
That is a dumbass statement by you. If you don’t know why…
Whatever you say, Champ. I was just noting the irony about someone writing a letter about long hair and tattoos showing a lack of discipline, then the target of that letter gets arrested for something this undisciplined. Pretty ironic and if you don’t know why…

Reactions: Ski and JoeBatters1
The linked article
All of you are quick to judge without all the facts. One fact is kids do stupid things sometimes. I guess none of you ever did something that was stupid that you regretted doing as you got older. All of you jurors quit making judgements on the kid and let the process play out. Misdemeanor calls for maybe one game suspension at best and he will learn from this incident.
The linked article says he shot a gun at a party. This is reckless behavior and a complete disregard for others and oneself’s safety. Is this the type of player that we want on the Penn State Football Team?

I never got in trouble with the law.

You’d think.

I’m all for the right to bear arms, but I still am curious why a college kid, especially one likely to find himself in the media crosshairs, feels the need to carry in Central PA. Those mean streets of Patton…
What makes you think he was carrying. Apparently, he and his friend were out doing a little target shooting. As several have said, they didn't do their due diligence on the backstop. It said they didn't know there were apartments on the other side of the woods. Even so, you still have to be aware of where you're bullet could possibly go. Inexperienced and careless kids is the bottom line.

The linked article

The linked article says he shot a gun at a party. This is reckless behavior and a complete disregard for others and oneself’s safety. Is this the type of player that we want on the Penn State Football Team?
OMG this thread has turned stupid. Since you're using the article as gospel, it also says Sutherland was told the gun wasn't loaded. Not being experienced with guns, he believed what he was told. Also, what makes you think shooting a gun at a party is bad in and of itself?? Your implication seems to be it was an alcohol fueled free-for-all at 2:00AM. Maybe it was a backyard BBQ at 6:00PM. I swear some of you must be Dave Petersen posting from multiple accounts.

OMG this thread has turned stupid. Since you're using the article as gospel, it also says Sutherland was told the gun wasn't loaded. Not being experienced with guns, he believed what he was told. Also, what makes you think shooting a gun at a party is bad in and of itself?? Your implication seems to be it was an alcohol fueled free-for-all at 2:00AM. Maybe it was a backyard BBQ at 6:00PM. I swear some of you must be Dave Petersen posting from multiple accounts.
Can you say triggered?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT