ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise!... Suriano Likes Rutgers More Than PSU...

androcles

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
...he was recently named Rutgers' Sophomore Male Athlete of the Year...
...at the awards dinner he informed the gathering, "I like this place (Rutgers) 100 times more than Penn State!"...
...a happy Dad has his happy lad... :)
...different strokes for different folks...

Last edited:
But he won Rutgers male athlete of the year, that is better than a NC, right?

Glad he is happy, or more accurately, I really don’t care about him at all....
I do wonder about one question. If the difference in appreciation between Rutgers and Penn State is so dramatic that he can measure it to be 100 times greater for Rutgers, can I have his 2016 - 17 NCAA championship ring? I mean, really. It was obviously a miserable experience being trapped in that wrestling room and at the school. He surely can't stand the sight of that symbol of misery. I am more than willing to take it off his hands.

I do wonder about one question. If the difference in appreciation between Rutgers and Penn State is so dramatic that he can measure it to be 100 times greater for Rutgers, can I have his 2016 - 17 NCAA championship ring? I mean, really. It was obviously a miserable experience being trapped in that wrestling room and at the school. He surely can't stand the sight of that symbol of misery. I am more than willing to take it off his hands.

He probably doesnt want it anyway, just a reminder of his injury he CERTAINLY (insert wink) could have wrestled through and his 0 pts at Nationals he scored thus

According to others on the internet, the radical difference is not, apparently, in size of main campus: PSU, according to others, is around 40,000, while Rutgers, according to others, is around 35,000. The differences apparently are not in this area.

...you tire rather easily ... this "subject" has only been under discussion for about a year...
...jes think how you would be worn out discussing renewing a long term football schedule with Pitt!... :)

Maybe we can have it entered for bidding at next year's PSWC silent auction. Roar?

Reactions: nitlion6
...he was recently named Rutgers' Sophomore Male Athlete of the Year...
...at the awards dinner he informed the gathering, "I like this place (Rutgers) 100 times more than Penn State!"...
...a happy Dad has his happy lad... :)
...differerent strokes for different folks...
Honestly, what would you expect him to say?

At Rutgers he is athlete of the year for finishing second, at PSU he's Anthony WHO?
No, if he stayed, he would be cheered and supported like the rest of the team. He just wanted to be THE big fish instead of one of many.

It appears Rugrats had some year end celebrations and a Miami Vice Halloween party at about the same time.

Reactions: Ja1339
sometimes its just best to read the board through before starting a new thread with an "original thought"

Reactions: backdrft76
One would think that another Natty would be enough to keep a fan base happy. Instead it is necessary to run down a kid who wanted to do something different. Other than this comment has he gone rogue on PSU? From what I have seen he has stayed above board.

Bill Murray is my favorite actor of all time. Comedy like his is what keeps me going in life. Legend

One would think that another Natty would be enough to keep a fan base happy. Instead it is necessary to run down a kid who wanted to do something different. Other than this comment has he gone rogue on PSU? From what I have seen he has stayed above board.

If Suriano had stayed there would have been little excitement at BIGs and even less at Nationals. Instead we got a Saturday night for the ages. No one....and I mean NO ONE will forget Bo's pin and celebration. The thrill of Victory and the Agony of defeat played out in slow motion again and again. I can't be the only one who went from a near panic attack to literally jumping out of my chair with joy. Who will forget Nick Lee's guts and determination.....Nevills winning his last match with one arm....Nolf....etc. Thank You Nick!

Plus....I will add that during the PSU / Rutgers dual.....Nick had by far the biggest mismatch of the night. Nick wrestled hard but clean.....which is not something you could say about others that night. Thank You Nick. Can we agree to wish him well at Rutgers? Or at least agree to let it go and move on. Nick's leaving made the OSU dual and the National Championships SO MUCH Sweeter and unforgettable. I wouldn't wish it any other way. Thanks Nick!.

Last edited:
Holy jeebus. I agree with CID!

I’ll say it again...This is dumb

We are. 2 0 1 8 champs.

Bill Murray is my favorite actor of all time. Comedy like his is what keeps me going in life. Legend

If Suriano had stayed there would have been little excitement at BIGs and even less at Nationals. Instead we got a Saturday night for the ages. No one....and I mean NO ONE will forget Bo's pin and celebration. The thrill of Victory and the Agony of defeat played out in slow motion again and again. Thank You Nick!

Plus....I will add that during the PSU / Rutgers dual.....Nick had by far the biggest mismatch of the night. Nick wrestled hard but clean.....which is not something you could say about others that night. Thank You Nick. Can we agree to wish him well at Rutgers? Or at least agree to let it go and move on. Nick's leaving made the OSU dual and the National Championships SO MUCH Sweeter and unforgettable. I wouldn't wish it any other way. Thanks Nick!.

200_d.gif

Nick needs to move on...silly he still talks about Penn State. No one at PS is still talking about him. It"s been a year...time to move on from this old news. Who cares what Nick thinks... doesn't deserve a thread.

Reactions: lionbacker
Nick needs to move on...silly he still talks about Penn State. No one at PS is still talking about him. It"s been a year...time to move on from this old news. Who cares what Nick thinks... doesn't deserve a thread.

You are correct....no one should be talking about him......but have you read the previous posts and previous threads? Seems like a LOT of PSU fans are stil talking/complaining about him. Hopefully it ends tonight :)

You are correct....no one should be talking about him......but have you read the previous posts and previous threads? Seems like a LOT of PSU fans are stil talking/complaining about him. Hopefully it ends tonight :)
I disagree with this. I only see a handful keeping the flame lit.

That handful of posters needs to move on. One would think that winning NCs and having multiple individual champs each year would cause everyone to be in a "feel good" emotional state, but I guess not. Quit acting like your girlfriend just broke up with you. It's over.

It was a historic weekend for Suriano, the state university's first-ever national finalist, and Rutgers, which still has a chance to finish in the top-10 of the team race for the first time. But it ended shy of an NCAA title.

Suriano, a Paramus native and four-time undefeated state champion at Bergen Catholic High, was bidding to become Rutgers' first individual NCAA champion since fencer Alexis Jemal won the national sabre title in 2003.

Suriano concludes his first season at Rutgers with a 25-1 record after a serious ankle injury while at Penn State last year prevented him from competing at nationals. Suriano then opted to leave the Nittany Lions and transfer home. Suriano was able to secure immediate eligibility at Rutgers and compete this season due to a Big Ten waiver after a complicated and contentious process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT