ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday morning musings...

Ctel12592

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2006
NEPA
1. New offense looks exactly like the old offense. Maybe KC didn't want to show a lot the week before OSU .... but we lost. If this offense is it, we aren't going anywhere.
2. If our go-to for a spark on offense is running Cliff, were going to have Clifford injured again.
3. The Mickey Mouse bullish*t with Levis has to go. If bringing in a backup QB is your go to call for one yard in the red zone, you have some bigger issues.
4. The running backs were a mixed bag. Losing Cain is a big blow especially in light of not having Journey. Ford looked OK, but lost his footing in some spots where I thought he could've broken a run for a longer gain. Lee looked solid. Almost Tony Hunt-like.
5. The RBs' pass blocking was phenomenal. I saw a ton of great pickups.
6. Clifford creates pressure with his happy feet. He leaves a clean pocket way too much.
7. Playing Issac Lutz in several situations over Lambert????????
8. Brandon Smith evidently leaves the field for nickel packages. I would not be shocked to see if he only played about 60% of snaps. Great use of your 5 star.
9. Shaka played his tail off. He looks like a complete player.
10. Let's forget the idea Pry is some defensive wizard. The same thing happens in big spots time and time again.
11. Clifford's interceptions were terrible. Overthrowing a screen and missing a wide open 87 were alarming. I really hate being this sort of guy, but we should really be looking for a transfer to push him next year if he can't correct simple mechanics issues.
12. I cannot blame Ford for scoring. That is his natural instinct after playing his whole life. Where was the coach (ANY coach) saying "hey, they have one time out, go out and run but go down if you break it"?
13. I'm not really sure what to think about our prospects of this year. We're staring down the barrel of 0-2 and in a recruiting rut. The offense seems to be stagnant and our D is the same ol'. Where are we going here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News