ADVERTISEMENT

Sue Paterno

what worries me is that there will come a time when he decides not to put up with it any longer

That's possible, but until he wins an NC or two, he'll have to deal with the same thing, more or less, at pretty much everywhere he goes. Just read how much PSU is paying Scott, so I think he has Ms. Pantsuit just where he wants her.

Reactions: step.eng69
He sends lots of them and it's unfortunate that he works in an environment where he has to do so.
He's been doing that from his opening press conference after taking the job with his reference to the "Great Joe Paterno" to his ultimately removing the names from the jerseys. Those may appear to be gestures to alumni, but they were also less than subtle messages to the administration and BOT.

1621878_465275100262369_1638380797_n.jpg

It might be unsettling to some here, but I would be willing to wager that the relationship between the Paterno Family and the Franklin Family is more than cordial.

Reactions: Bob78 and WDLion
He sends lots of them and it's unfortunate that he works in an environment where he has to do so.
It might be unsettling to some here, but I would be willing to wager that the relationship between the Paterno Family and the Franklin Family is more than cordial.
Right, and there is no reason it shouldn’t be. Cue the Jay haters.

A little boy wearing a Michigan hat and sweatshirt went up to CJF and asked for a pic. Without missing a beat CJF wrapped his arms around the kid's head and chest, covering the Michigan insignias and took the photo.
Flip candidate.

CJF was invited and went to the 2016 celebration of the 50th anniversary of JVP's first game as head coach. The one that Mike Reid performed an original song, they made a fuss over Sue, and a whole bunch of lettermen returned to campus for. There is no ill will between the Franklins and the Paternos, nor should there be. The Paterno family still attends most all home games in their suite and support all PSU sports.

For all the Davey Jones nonsense, Bill O. was a fan of JVP. He watched "The Joe We Know" and was very moved by it. Early on at least, he asked players and former players about Joe and how he ran things, etc. He took an interest in Joe's legacy. I think as time went on and Fester and others showed their true nature, they all came to realize that Joe wasn't the issue at the end.

Also, Tim Curley is still very much into all PSU sports and watches on TV like any fan would. He can talk about what's going on in any of the sports that are brought up. He attends football lettermen events, sometimes on gameday, but does not go to the games. I've invited him to hockey games with me, but he declines. I understand, but I hope he gets to the point where he knows for sure he would be welcomed by the fans in general, if that is what is holding him back.

Tim's blood will always run PSU blue and overshadows the bitterness he naturally feels for being thrown away by his long-time friends. It is absolutely remarkable to me.

CJF was invited and went to the 2016 celebration of the 50th anniversary of JVP's first game as head coach. The one that Mike Reid performed an original song, they made a fuss over Sue, and a whole bunch of lettermen returned to campus for. There is no ill will between the Franklins and the Paternos, nor should there be. The Paterno family still attends most all home games in their suite and support all PSU sports.

For all the Davey Jones nonsense, Bill O. was a fan of JVP. He watched "The Joe We Know" and was very moved by it. Early on at least, he asked players and former players about Joe and how he ran things, etc. He took an interest in Joe's legacy. I think as time went on and Fester and others showed their true nature, they all came to realize that Joe wasn't the issue at the end.

Also, Tim Curley is still very much into all PSU sports and watches on TV like any fan would. He can talk about what's going on in any of the sports that are brought up. He attends football lettermen events, sometimes on gameday, but does not go to the games. I've invited him to hockey games with me, but he declines. I understand, but I hope he gets to the point where he knows for sure he would be welcomed by the fans in general, if that is what is holding him back.

Tim's blood will always run PSU blue and overshadows the bitterness he naturally feels for being thrown away by his long-time friends. It is absolutely remarkable to me.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Zenophile

Thanks for sharing.
^This^
Deeply appreciate this sort of insight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT