ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers/Penn State--same situation?

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
This was a Najee Harris quote about the Steelers that I think sums up how a lot of us feel about this Penn State team...

"You could do two things," he said. "You could look at the record and say, 'OK, we're still good right now.' Or we could look at the record and be like, 'If we keep playing this type of football, how long is that s--- going to last?' I look at it like, 'How long that s--- going to last?' Y'all could look at it like it's a good record, but I mean it's the NFL. Winning how we did, it's not going to get us nowhere."

This is why when people talk about 10-2 a lot of us dismiss that because the record never tells the full story. The key is "where you end up" and right now many us aren't content with that and we saw that against lesser teams when we were winning earlier.

When I watched the Steelers game on Sunday I was thinking the same thing. The Steelers are much like Penn State. Both have solid and very aggressive defenses. Both have world class pass rushing defensive ends. Both have reliable field goal kickers. On offense both have mediocre offensive lines, decent tight ends, and decent running backs. The run game on both teams is not great but decent. The glaring defect on both teams is the passing game. For Penn State the QB is mediocre and the receivers are putrid. For the Steelers the receivers are mediocre and the QB is putrid. Both opted to fire their OC during the season.

The similarities between the Steelers and Penn State are uncanny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT